“a typical hotel on the outside with excellent customer service on the inside”

Holiday Inn Express Tiffin
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Tiffin
Reviewed February 25, 2013

When you walk into the HIE, in Tiffin, Ohio, it might look like an ordinary hotel. I frequent this hotel three times a year. The staff is always friendly. We use the common area in the evenings and mingle long after the hot breakfast buffet is done serving. The staff always works around our group. The front desk will arrange cab service as well as offer wonderful suggestions for food.

Room Tip: The pool is on the first floor across from the elevators. Smoking is on the second floor at one end...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
albentz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tiffin, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

We are so happy that you stayed with us. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back if you are in the area again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Tiffin

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Business in Tiffin brought me to the Holiday Inn Express. Very nice hotel with the usual Holiday Inn Express amenities of free wifi and breakfast. Clean and comfortable. Would stay again if in Tiffin.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the time you spent at our hotel. It is always our pleasure to make every guest feel at home during a their stay.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Spent 6 nights in Tiffin working and the stay was made more comfortable by the staff and accomodations of the Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed and the staff was personable and easy going. Breakfast selection got a bit old and could be healthier, but I made do with oatmeal, fruit, and toast everyday.

Room Tip: Be nice to the front desk people!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aggie1994
albentz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tiffin, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for visiting us at the Holiday Inn Express-Tiffin. We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable. We strive to meet all our hotel guests comforts and well as meeting all out IHG standards. If you are ever in the area again please stop in for another visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

At check in I was greatest by a nice young lady who I advised I'd be extending my stay, as I prepaid for my room I expected the same rate - I returned the following night (last of my 2 nights to extend to a 3rd night) I was advised there were no more rooms. After talking to "Helen" I was told only an upgrade to a suite was available for the rate that I paid for my 2 nights! I told "Helen" if I were going to pack and move rooms I'd rather leave. The meraculously my room was available but still at the increased rate then a man (white) came to the desk and says "I called earlier about a room" the other lady "Paula" asks his name then says yes sir that will be .... Only 1/3 the rate I was being asked to pay!
Are you kidding me?!!!!!
Unbelievable - I'm disappointed, hurt, insulted, and quite honestly angry!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank MPlady1023
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at this motel and was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and had all the amenities we look for in a motel. Fridge, microwave, desk, couch, etc. I liked the bedding since the large bulky comforter/bedspread was packed away in the closet and fresh sheets plus a duvet/sheet was all that was necessary for cover. We didn't need the blanket which was folded down at the end of the bed. I liked the easy access air conditioning which had features such as "fan only" and had quiet operation. The room furnishings were tasteful and no stripes anywhere! We had a room on the first floor right across from the pool which was perfect. It was quiet and we got a peaceful rest. The indoor pool was just the right temperature and while not large was bigger than some, and that was fine since there weren't many swimmers. The breakfast was good with warm cinnamon rolls plus the usual fare. We enjoyed our stay and will use this hotel again in the future. It is a good choice for a place to stay in the Tiffin area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IsaBrown
albentz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tiffin, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for visiting the Holiday Inn Express while you were in Tiffin, Ohio. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again for future stays.
Safe Travels
Angelina Bentz-GM

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I work in tiffin and when I am booking room for company guests I always book at the holiday inn. They are extremely accommodating and super friendly! Great rates! I would recommend this hotel before any other one in tiffin!!

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy that we can help any business in the Tiffin area and we are glad that you call us when your guests are in need of lodging. Just give us a ring for any future guest rooms you may need.

Angelina- GM

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here for a visit to Tiffin University in July 2012. Be sure to ask for the Tiffin rate. The rooms were clean, spacious and very comfortable. They have a nice breakfast buffet with pancakes, eggs and either bacon or sausage (depending on the day) and fresh baked cinnamon rolls. The hotel is close to the Tiffin University campus as well as restaurants and shopping. The pool was nice, but there is no hot tub. They have a laundry facility and small work out room. The front desk will let you borrow a DVD player to watch movies in the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express-Tiffin. Thank you for the review. If you are ever back in the area we welcome you to visit us again.

Angelina-GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiffin
Hampton Inn Tiffin
The Rivers Edge Executive Ste
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Findlay
Hilton Garden Inn Findlay
TownePlace Suites Findlay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tiffin? Share your experiences!