“Don't Know Why People Rave About This Place.....It's just OK+”
Review of Seafood

Seafood
Ranked #4 of 82 Restaurants in Sylvania
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We find we go here about 3-4 times a year because it's very close to home and they send us coupons for both our birthdays & anniversary. Everytime, we ask our selves why do we bother. The restaurant is usually packed with a waiting list, so we eat at the bar, it has a good atmosphere. I have had their Ahi Tuna, which I adore, and it was tasteless. This weekend I tried the Cod Special - had it broiled with lemon pepper - came out with no color on it and was hard, chewy and bland. The bartender told me that fish is always better fried.....???? My husband had the Pickeral Sandwich, also broiled, remarked it tasted nothing like pickeral, however he liked the cup of clam chowder side. I did enjoy their Fried Oysters on a prior visit - they were excellent. The salads are a bit different with beets and tasty croutons. My husband has always been more pleased with his meal when ordering fried versions - but who needs all those extra calories and weight to the food. With a name like SEAFOOD - it should all be excellent no matter how it's cooked.

1  Thank MrMrsHSylvania_OH

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Came in for a fish and chips craving. We ordered the grouper fish and chips. It was a nice size piece of fish that was lightly breaded and not at all greasy. The chips were crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. They only have bottled beer and the selection is ordinary. (No craft beers). The service was kinda slow but we were not in any hurry. I think our waitress had to cover the whole place. The price was good. 2 lunches of grouper and chips with water to drink was $20. We even took some home with us. We will go back again. I'm already craving fish and chops again.

1  Thank travelhawk71
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have eaten here several times and it never disappoints! The food and service were excellent. The frog legs, onion rings, perch, and pickerel were all amazing. As always, the service was prompt, but never rushed. We will be returning on our next visit!

1  Thank flalove2travel
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I found the staff here to be friendly, attentive and efficient. I had New England Clam Chowder, which was good, filled with plenty of crab meat and tasty, if a tad salty. Then I had the shellfish platter with shrimp, lobster, scallops and crab
leg. The platter was very tasty, although the crab leg was a tad overdone. But overall the food was very good, the service excellent and the experience quite nice.

1  Thank maitmows
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Loved the food, large portion. Great service, felt like you were family! My parents have been going there for years and we will continue this tradition!

1  Thank Bonnie k