“Is both GF and good food important to you?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ciao Ristorante

Ciao Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciao Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Sylvania
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 23
Description: Classic Country Italian Cuisine. Welcome to Ciao!, the place where friends and family come to enjoy creative specialties of the house. At Ciao!, we use only the finest seasonal ingredients and fresh herbs straight from our own herb garden. We feature intriguing cuisine from every part of Italy, from the spicy red sauces of the south to the aromatic grilled dishes of Tuscany. Enjoy the last of summer while dining outside at our beautifully landscaped outdoor patio. Ciao! is a locally owned and operated restaurant.
Bowling Green, Ohio
“Is both GF and good food important to you?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

This Italian restaurant has been a long-time favorite in the Toledo area. The food, service, and ambience are all top drawer. My companion had a salmon dish that she labeled "outstanding." My veal was not the best I've ever had but I'd order it again. It was very good. One characteristic of the menu--which is quite extensive as is the wine list--should be pointed out: It clearly indicates with a tag the dishes that are gluten free. Being concerned with gluten, I found this menu to have the best GF labeling I've seen. But whether you want GF or not, give this restaurant a try.

• Visited December 2012

toledo, oh
“Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have been coming to Ciao for years, along with other Main Street Venture restaurants.
This last visit over the weekend was to celebrate my wife's birthday.
They do give a percentage off the bill and a free desert. Nice touches for the event.

We had the asiago hot cheese appetizer which was very good. The calamari is a large portion but the flavor and dipping sauce just average.

I had the Mahi Mahi special and it was grilled with the red pepper sauce. It was very good and I don't care for a strong fish taste, but here they do a nice job of light sauces for flavor but still get the texture and taste of the fish.

One friend had the mushroom ravioli that he really liked and the portion was large enough to bring some home.
All the pasta dishes are large portions.

The house salad is average, with a light dressing. The Caesers or Chopped have a bit more umph.

We had a creme brulees and chocolate cheesecake for dessert to share among the 4 of us and it was plenty and very good.

They recently remodeled inside and it is a warm and almost lodge like feel to it.
Ciao is a Sylvania mainstay.
Enjoy!

• Visited December 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Unique touches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Another business dinner with about a dozen guys and me. They put us at 2 large tables. So not together, but close.

Their menus are on i-pad like tablets (not actual i-pad) which was interesting because you tapped on somethng and it brought up a picture and more detail about the dish. Great concept. They should take it a step further and allow you to order that way too. But they dont, you still tell a waitress and she writes it down on paper --
Food was good, they had a very nice variety of dishes. None of my favorites, but I learned from some colleagues that if you asked for soemthing, they could make some things that weren't on the menu. Wish I had known! But I ended up with a nice dish of ravioli, not homemade, but it was good and not so heavy that you are too stuffed to have dessert.

I'd return here - service was good, food was good, menu was interesting, atmosphere was a bit romantic for a business dinner but overall fine.

Visited November 2012
SWANTON
“Dissappointed visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We've been coming to Ciao's for years. It's convenient and we like the atmosphere. They've gone high-tech and utilize ipads in place of paper menus - gimmicky - but okay. The menu was changed up a bit, but there's still ample choices. We had to ask the waitress 3 times for bread before she brought it out. It took over 30 minutes to get our salads and then the main course was brought out about 5 minutes after. It was early evening so we asked about the "happy hour" wine specials and the waitress told us "there were none" -- we were too tired to argue so went with the wine list and paid $8.75 per glass instead of the $4? happy hour special. All in all, a dissappointment.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TINA N
Luquillo, Puerto Rico
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Ciao never disappoints. It is one of the Mainstreet ventures restaurants and imo, they are all great! Ciao has been my favorite since I discovered it about 5yrs ago. I love the food and the ambiance. Sometimes service can be a little slow but hey it’s a nice sit-down place, so who’s rushing? The free meal on b-day is a nice bonus. Wine selection is good and it’s a great spot for a romantic dinner. My favorite dish is their Linguine Pescatore – to die for! But I’ve tried many other items on the menu and I’ve never been disappointed. Recently I went with my husband for my birthday and I got my entire meal (including free desert and a glass of wine) for free! Will definitely go back soon!

• Visited September 2012