“Great place to stay!”

Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sylvania
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Recently made a trip with our family to Toledo for a family event and had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. Stay was excellent...front desk person (Kate) was a pleasure to deal with, rooms were large with very comfortable beds, the free breakfast was great (staff member was constantly checking the food; even the temp. of the milk!), and the hotel is very clean & well maintained. They have free computer use (this allowed us to print out our boarding passes for our return trip), indoor hot tub, and a gym.

An excellent choice if you need to stay in this area!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Sylvania30140, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2009

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for choosing to stay at our Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo while traveling with family to Toledo. I also want to thank you for taking the additional time to write about your stay and our staff. I am so glad that Katie was so nice to deal with, I love rewarding our staff with guest feedback such as yours as this helps them know how important customer service is to each guest while traveling away from home. Cathy our breakfast attendant prides herself in making our breakfast perfect for each guest and she will be so happy to see that she was noticed. Thank you for also sharing about our cleanliness, free amenities, our larger rooms and our comfortable beds. We are lucky to have been built with oversized guest rooms and upgraded amenities for a limited service hotel.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo and we look forward to your return!

Wingate by Wyndham

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo

Reviewed November 23, 2009

Kelly at the front desk was very pleasant and efficient. After we were in the room she called to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was very good. Prior to the stay we researched about every hotel in the Toledo area and this was our first choice and we were not disappointed. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Sylvania30140, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2009

I am so pleased to read your thoughtful review. Thank you for not only taking the time to write about our property but also to share how one of our staff members enhanced your stay. I am delighted that after research of the area hotels, you selected our property and that we met and exceeded your expectations during your visit. I look forward to sharing your review with Kelly! It is so nice to share with each member of my staff that exceptional customer service is rewarded.

Thank you again and I hope to meet you next time you travel to the Toledo/Sylvania area.

Wingate by Wyndham

Reviewed April 23, 2009

We arrived early in the afternoon and were afraid that we would not be allowed to check in at 1:00 pm, but the desk clerk was glad to allow us to do so. We were in Slyvania to attend our granddaughter`s graduation from nursing college ceremony at the Lourdes College, the clerk gave us perfect directions. We checked out the room and it perfect in every way possible as was the entire hotel. We went out to a local KFC for a quick snack and then attended the ceremony, After our entire group went to the Olive Garden to celebrate. Back at the Wingate we enjoyed a great nights sleep in clean,quiet atmosphere.In thebr morning we ate breakfast at the lobby breakfast bar. I can`t say enough about the quality,selection,good-ness,and how clean everything was.
I am a retired tractor trailer driver who has stayed in nearly every name and type of hotel there is, but I must say that the Windgate-Slyvania is the best! From the staff to the accomadations you are the best. Any future traveling we do we will be looking for Windgate-Wyndham family of hotels,because of what you have given us at Slyvania. Thank You!
Don & Gloria Lewis--Chagrin Falls, Ohio

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank draylou
Sylvania30140, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2009

Dear Don and Gloria,

Thank you so much for taking the time after your visit with us at the Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania to tell us and other travelers about your experience. Our front office manager, who checked you in at 1:00 early, was so excited to see your review! We strive to offer quality, clean rooms with great customer service and I am pleased you experienced what we hope all guests experience.

I look forward to sharing your feedback with all of my staff during our next employee event this week to let them know how much guests do recognize their efforts.

Thank you again!

Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania

Reviewed December 3, 2008

I am a very frequent business traveler. I cover the states of Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan. I always look forward to my trips to Toledo as I always enjoy staying at the Wingate. I find myself at this hotel approximately every 6 weeks. Upon my arrival I am always greeeted with a friendly face and a nice clean hotel. Once I have checked in to my room I always receive a call from the staff to make sure that everything is to my satisfaction. One of the most convenient amenities at this hotel is their office center. They give each guest acces to a computer, printer, copier, and fax machine. This allows me to get work done even when I am at the hotel. Lastly I appreciate the friendly demeanor of the staff. It seems that they are always willing to help me out in anyway possible. For my line of work I host a lot of lunches. On many occassions the manager of the hotel Lea has helped me get in contact with local catering faciilities to set up my meals for the next day. It is the over and above effort to make me feel comfortable and always welcome that keeps me coming back to the Wingate Inn....I highly recommend giving this hotel your business!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sylvania30140, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2008

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us with your feedback, we are so glad to know your visits have been enjoyable and keep you coming back to stay with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Wingate by Wyndham, Sylvania

Reviewed November 26, 2008

We booked four nights over the Thanksgiving weekend to avoid filling our parent's home. The troubles began when the front desk person indicated he would not honor the rate that was on the guarantee. It was a AAA rate but the front desk clerk said that his computer would not let him change that rate (which was $15 per night higher). We let this one go wanting to avoid a big fight at the holiday. We checked in but did not go to our room at that time; instead we went to visit with relatives and returned at midnight to find that the room was a smoking room and the smell reeked significantly. We went downstairs and asked for a non-smoking room and were told that none was available and that the travel agent had not requested one. Given the fact that our stays in hotels range from 125-150 nights per year, we knew the travel agent had not made that mistake. Essentially, the hotel was fully booked and the night desk clerk was unwilling to address the issue. Moreover, he was quite rude about the situation. Needless to say, because of the smoking stench, we went to our relatives house and stayed the night.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerONE2468
Sylvania30140, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2008

I, Lea MacLaren General Manager of the Wingate by Wyndham, Sylvania personally wanted to respond to the much appreciated comments posted. I truly appreciate all comments and constructive feedback and the time taken out to help us improve our service and property. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We always want to make things better as quickly as possible. For this particular reservation the room was booked through a travel agent and was booked as a smoking room, at a discounted rate on November 17th, 2008, when limited availability was available. The new front desk clerk who checked the guest in was unsure of the rate change at the time of check in as it was confirmed from the travel agent at or below the AAA rate, which had not been altered prior to the guest arrival. The front desk clerk offered to let management know about the rate concern so the rate could be adjusted to suit their request. Unfortunately it wasn’t handled at the time of check in but would be handled the following day, before the check out date 4 days later. Due to the fact that we were sold out during the busy holiday we were unable to accommodate the request for a non smoking room. If we had one available we certainly would have provided it. When the front office manager arrived in the morning, she inspected the room and because it had not been used during the 6 hours that keys had been issued to the particular room, we adjusted all charges and no payment was required from the guest. We also contacted the local family and explained they would not be charged and apologized for the experience. They were very gracious and thanked us for not charging them. We did exactly what we would have for any guest and not expected payment if the circumstances warranted as they did in this situation. We appreciate all comments and by all means we want to make each of our customer’s satisfied. We hope that this guest will give us another opportunity and welcome any more feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, Lea MacLaren at 419-517-2000. Thank you!

Reviewed September 11, 2008

I wanted to stay near Toledo during a long auto trek, and this one hotel in Sylvania seemed to be it for the area without staying in the city itself.

I have not stayed in a Wyndham for some time, and it was a very pleasant experience. The front desk personnel were very pleasant, and the room and public areas were very clean. The room was nicely laid out, with real thermostat temp controls for heating and cooling. There was plenty of room, and microwave and frig were in the room.

Breakfast was decent, including make your own waffles, although the coffee tasted like they forgot to put in beans.

There is a supermarket type store across the street, and a number of restaurants and small shops about a block away. There is a nice little pocket park with benches right near the hotel- no need to drive to get some groceries, relax, eat out or light shopping.

The Toledo Botanical Garden is about 5 miles away - I had a nice stop for an hour or so before continuring my journey.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank DestinationMoon

First, I would like to thank you for being a frequent guest at our establishment and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! I always encourage all feedback, positive or constructive, as we can only improve or embrace on what our guests tell us is true.

Second, I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience with our coffee. I apologize that your experience was anything less than perfect. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We have recently added Wolfgang Puck in-room coffee service with our new one cup coffee makers, and I look forward to the feedback on this new service. As for our 24 hour coffee service in the lobby, that is freshly brewed throughout the day, we will explore other options to suite your needs and help improve the taste.

I am also pleased to hear that the staff was pleasant and you enjoyed our in room amenities, as well as the local surroundings. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed November 5, 2007

I stayed at the Wingate for one night on business. If you are reading this review...you are probably aware that your hotel choices in Toledo are rather limited. I had read that Sylvania was a nicer part of town and I found that to be true.

This Wingate is apparently several years old, but you would never know it. The hotel looks brand new. There is plenty of self-parking in a well-lit lot. There is a hair/nail salon attached to the hotel that looked cute. I wish I would have made time for a manicure.

The hotel is on a cute Main St. There are a few shops, restaurants and more hair salons! The hotel is also about 10 minutes down the main road from the mall, Target, grocery stores, Outback, Ruby Tuesdays, Chili's, etc. They recommended Maggiano's Italian restaurant down the road and it was really good. It is a nice place for a solo traveler to sit alone at the bar. Everyone is really friendly and they have live music (see pic.)

This is a basic hotel. The beds were comfortable. There is an empty refrigerator and coffee pot. They didn't have a king size bed on one of the higher floors and I was worried about noise from the parking lot...so I chose a room with double beds on a higher floor. The linens and towels were clean and well-stocked.

The bathroom amenities are very limited...bring your own. However, they do stock a make-up remover pad.

There is a nice size closet with a safe. The safe will easily accommodate a laptop. The internet was very fast and free of charge.

The gym and jacuzzi area looked clean, but they are in a very public area off the elevator bank. The area looked more sterile than inviting. The breakfast area looked clean and pleasant.

For the price point and the area...I highly recommend the Wingate. One thing to note...although they are owned by the Wyndham they are on a separate rewards system and do not take your Wyndham number.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank travelgrrlnyc

I wanted to take a moment and show the appreciation I have for all the feedback given. It is great that not only our hotel filled your needs but that our location was pleasant and offered a variety of venues for you to enjoy. All of the feedback you provided is extremely valuable to us and will help us continue to improve our property and the guest experience at the Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania.

I also wanted to thank you for posting photos to share with other travelers. I do hope that you choose to stay with us for any future stays, so that we can showcase all of our upgrades and décor changes that have taken place over the past year since you last stayed with us. To name a few, our coffee pots have changed to a one cup coffee/tea maker in the room along with Wolf Gang Puck coffee and tea. Our bedding has been upgraded with 300+ thread count linens, down alternative comforters, extra pillow and decorative bed throw, matching pressed bed skirt, and matching decorative throw pillow! We are also installing 32” flat screen TVs in January. Our bathrooms have been updated as well, with curved shower rods, hook-less shower curtains and new Moen 4 function showerheads. Now you can also personalize your room with our new IPod/MP3 compatible clock radio.

Lastly with in the last year our rewards system has merged with Wyndham and the number’s will work at both brands!

Look forward to hosting you again here in Sylvania!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylvania
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toledo West
Hampton Inn and Suites Toledo-North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo? Share your experiences!