I stayed at this location for two nights. Two uncomfortable nights. Def not worth the $300 I paid for for the two nights. Nice location but needs a few upgrades. I was there Friday and Saturday prior to Labor Day.
I drove in from Chicago on the toll road and followed the driving directions that were offered on the hotel website. Later I learned that there was a shorter and quicker route to the hotel . I don't know why the website has you going out of your way - all the way into I75 then north to get to bypass(475?) heavy traffic and construction that literally added an unnecessary hour to the trip.
The hotel was packed with college-aged kids and their parents. In the morning, Forget about getting close to the breakfast bar or sitting down. Both mornings just grabbed coffee and went back to my room. The bed needs to be upgraded! The pillows were extremely flat and a small square, and the bed was so soft it killed my back. The AC unit vibrated and seemed to turn on every 10 minutes. This made sleeping almost impossible. My last night there, someone knocked on my door, the door across the hall, etc., at 115am. Thanks ! I WAS asleep.
This hotel was in the perfect location for my visit, but will look elsewhere next time to a hotel that's "nicer" for the price.
I was woken by someone who knocked on my door and the door across the hall at 115am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the service award winning Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo we will go out of our way to make your stay more comfortable and provide service with a smile! Whether you're staying with us for business or pleasure you'll be sure to find what you need. Our new refreshed look completed in 2015 including lobby/common areas/ Meeting facilities and all 74 upgraded over sized guest rooms and Suites will impress our guests. Free high speed wireless or wired Internet access in all guest rooms and public spaces, Free local calls Free hot continental breakfast, Free faxes, copies and printing in the 24-hour business center. All guestrooms feature upgraded Beauty-rest Pillow top mattresses and upgraded high thread count linens and pillows, bathroom amenities, IPod/MP3 compatible clock radios, One cup coffeemakers with Wolf Gang Puck in room coffee/tea service, in-room safes, microwaves, refrigerators, over sized work desks with cordless phones, and cable TV with HBO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo Hotel Sylvania
- Wingate Sylvania Toledo
- Wingate By Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo Ohio