Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sylvania
Chicago, Illinois
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at this location for two nights. Two uncomfortable nights. Def not worth the $300 I paid for for the two nights. Nice location but needs a few upgrades. I was there Friday and Saturday prior to Labor Day.
I drove in from Chicago on the toll road and followed the driving directions that were offered on the hotel website. Later I learned that there was a shorter and quicker route to the hotel . I don't know why the website has you going out of your way - all the way into I75 then north to get to bypass(475?) heavy traffic and construction that literally added an unnecessary hour to the trip.

The hotel was packed with college-aged kids and their parents. In the morning, Forget about getting close to the breakfast bar or sitting down. Both mornings just grabbed coffee and went back to my room. The bed needs to be upgraded! The pillows were extremely flat and a small square, and the bed was so soft it killed my back. The AC unit vibrated and seemed to turn on every 10 minutes. This made sleeping almost impossible. My last night there, someone knocked on my door, the door across the hall, etc., at 115am. Thanks ! I WAS asleep.
This hotel was in the perfect location for my visit, but will look elsewhere next time to a hotel that's "nicer" for the price.

I was woken by someone who knocked on my door and the door across the hall at 115am.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sylvania30140, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Feedback such as yours helps us to improve the property and service on a daily basis. I am so sorry to hear that your recent experience with our property was anything less than perfect. Please know that our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Again, I am so sorry for any inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you again the next time you are in the Sylvania area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

It was very nice and the staff was very helpful would stay there again. The room was very clean. Was new to area they printed out a map and highlighted where we were going and the Hotel. love it. Went to concert they called a cab for us and wrote down number of Hotel and cab company for when the concert was over.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sylvania30140, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that our staff was able to provide you with the service you most definitely deserved!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylvania
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toledo West
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo? Share your experiences!