“Home of Croutons!”

Shucker's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Tthey make their own croutons. Now if you like salad as much as I, then this means something. It is a little pricey for the locale and atmosphere in my opinion, but the food is good.

1  Thank Cherie621

Reviewed July 23, 2011

The food was average. Got a salad with dinner and it had a bunch of the white bitter stuff in it from the outer core of the lettuce head. The steak I had ordered was absolutely flavorless. It was done to perfection, medium rare, but there wasn't even salt and pepper on it. NOTHING was on the steak. I had to add salt and pepper just to get a little flavor. I tried to get the waitress back to ask for some horseradish or something, but after she dropped off our food, she never came back until she came back with the bill.

This is UNACCEPTABLE. We were out of drinks, we needed some attention to our order as our daughter's order wasn't right, but yet no waitress. The food was ok, but wasn't even good or even exceptional, which is what I would expect for the prices this restaurant charges. Wow, these prices are high is what my wife said when looking at the menu, and she wasn't kidding. I don't mind paying for an awesome meal, but if you are going to charge that much, the meal should be at least good.

Another point of contention: it was really hot in the restaurant. In fact, one family at the table next to us sat down, ordered drinks and by the time the waitress got back with the drinks, they told her if they didnt get moved underneath an air conditioning vent, they were leaving. She moved them somewhere else. I wish I had thought of that.

Next morning, woke up with severe MSG headache. Both my daughter and I are allergic to MSG and they obviously put it on something or in something. That was the only meal of the day that we ate together so we know we got it there. Just an FYI for any MSG sufferers.

1  Thank bewee63
Reviewed July 1, 2011

As a native New Englander, I take my chowda' seriously! Shucker's has the best clam chowder in Ohio! I love going to this unique restaurant. The atmosphere is eclectic ... a little bit of Cape Cod in Swanton! Service is always with a smile. The food is always hot ... my favorite is their Scrod dinner. The house dressing is "ranch" and it's homemade. Dee-lish! If possible, don't fill up on the warm marbled bread because the entree portion sizes are large. The bartender knows how to make mixed drinks to perfection. Order a Long Island Tea or a Manhatten for a special treat. The patio area is airy and a nice place to spend the evening. Don't forget to see the dessert tray. WoW! They have early "Lite fare" specials starting at $9.99. Excellent value. The chef also creates some amazing daily dishes. This is a must go ... even if you're just passing through the area. Very close off of 80/90.

1  Thank TeriNick
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Shuckers has great steaks, fish and crab legs! They are local and worth your time and money. We love it! Best steak in toledo area!

Reviewed June 14, 2010

The food service and ambeince were outstanding.Worth stopping for but it was pricey....