“Lou D”

Mi Sombrero
Order Online
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Sunbury
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Went there just a while ago while back had a great meal have a buffet on certain days I don't remember what day so please don't ask. All in all it's good Mexican food it's authentic the people that own it or Mexicans that people that service at are Mexicans very very tasty food. Good place to bring your children that have good taco nights and just a great place I think you'll enjoy it if you like decent prices Mexican food.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Great place for Taco Tuesday. Fast service, beers cold, and the food is good. Quick and inexpensive. Recommended.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Well, we've eaten here a few times now....so I've become a fan. My wife prefers to order off the menu but I really like the buffet. I've had similar buffet style Mexican food in southern Texas and this most reminds me of those times. My wife prefers the pick 3 meal off the menu which is very reasonably priced and served nice and hot. I don't like to eat a lot of any one thing so the buffet fits me perfectly. You can build just about anything you like on there along with plenty of sides. The re-fried beans and the rice were excellent. Another thing (this may be of little consequence to some of you) I love about this place is the COLD beer on tap. We are big fans of the Dos Equis amber and the colder the better with that beer and Mexican food. Oh, and some of you may not know this. They accept the IMS Barter card....Since we've recently lost a few of our other Mexican restaurants I can say that this will be our "go to" restaurant for Mexican food.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 23, 2018

We initiated or 2018 Prestige Dining Club card here for lunch and we both decided on the buffet. We have been to another Mexican lunch buffet but this one was far better with a good selection of items to choose from. My wife liked the lively interior with the carved and brightly painted tables, chairs and booths. She ordered a jumbo Texana margarita which I had to help her finish! Gerardo was our server and was friendly and efficient. My only negatives would be that my draft beer was flat and the refried beans were too thin and runny. My wife said it was her new favorite Mexican restaurant so I'm sure we'll be back.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

I must admit, I went for the affordability with some friends, but, left knowing this is quietly becoming the best Tex-Mex restaurant around! Ohhhh, the margaritas! The bartender deserves an award for these margaritas! They're not those watered down excuses you get elsewhere....no....these actually have alcohol in them and they're to die for! Then there's the food! Ohhh, so good. One of my favorites is cheese enchiladas, but the majority of restaurants use American Cheese! <shock> I know, right? Not this place though! Real cheese and it's so yummy! I'm a vegetarian, so my food choices are more limited. But every single thing I've had here is exceptional. My carnivore friends and family say the same thing about their food experience too. Almost hate to post this because the secret is getting out about how great this little restaurant is!

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to Mi Sombrero? Share your experiences!