“Must Love Onions, so I won't be going back”
Review of Mi Sombrero

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mi Sombrero
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Sunbury
Worthington, Ohio
“Must Love Onions, so I won't be going back”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had a fairly large number of people here to celebrate our grandson's birthday. One of the attractions was the lunch buffet. My husband and I really like Mexican food and have eaten at several different Mexican restaurants. I am somewhat sensitive to onions, not a true allergy, plus I do not like them, can only handle them finely diced and cooked like in spaghetti sauce etc. That has never been an issue in other Mexican restaurants. Here the owner told me that virtually all the dishes, even the potatoes, have onions. And you could see them - huge chunks. He explained that only a few dishes that featured "grilled" meat could be made without onions. So I ended up with a steak and cheese quesadilla, a very bland item, sort of the Mexican version of a cheese steak sub. Those who did eat the buffet food said it was a decent assortment but the items weren't outstanding in any way. The decor in the restaurant is adorable and the staff wonderful.

• Visited July 2014

Sunbury, Ohio
“Nice local sit down”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a nice local Mexican place with a nice variety of dishes. It currently is in it;s first year, and we hope other give them a try. We have not been disappointed.

Visited April 2014
Sunbury, Ohio
“A nice sit down restaurant ”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Sunbury doesn't have much for sit down restaurants so it is nice to have at least one. The portions are generous for the price you pay, the food is alright an "American Mexican" type. If you want a sit down place it is worth checking out.

Been to Mi Sombrero? Share your experiences!