“Perfect touch for a small town!”
Review of The Original SportZone - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Original SportZone
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The original Sportszone is a great touch to the little town of Sunbury! The food is great, the owner is very social with his customers, and It's very family oriented. My children love coming to see the magician on wednesdays and my husband and I enjoy coming to see the bands that play on the weekends!!! Give it a try and you won't regret it!

And giving a shout out to a couple hostess' I met a few days ago, stacy and brea, thank you for hanging my children's coloring pictures up!!! It made them so excited! Stay beautiful :-)

1  Thank AnonymousUser1111
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This is not your run-of-the-mill Sports Grill though it may be during seasonal play-off games. More a family style place with a code-of-conduct for patrons. My wife and I visited for a dinner meal. We new the restaurant was under construction in February but really did not know if it had opened yet. No business sign was installed yet and the only thing we were able to key on was the OPEN sign in the front window.

In reviewing the menu we found the entrees to be in the $ to $$ range with a wide variety of entrees for about every appetite. we were informed that luncheon items were available if we preferred to order from that side of the menu. Many of the items on the menu are homemade or on-site-cut (steaks) both of which sparked our attention.
I wish the "Cost Per Person" rating system consisted of check boxes instead of Radio Buttons because of the menu pricing. It is truly a $ to $$ with a kids meal being $3 all the way up to a cut and cooked to order steak for $18.
The dinner menu is separated into Major League, Minor League, Little League, and Pastas. There is a burger menu housing about any type of burger you could imagine ranging from $5.95 (1/2 lb) to $12.95 (1 1/2 lbs).

My wife had their home made lasagna ($11.95) with garlic bread which she found very good. The portion served was quite large and piping hot. She could not finish the portion she was served.
I had the home made Seafood Alfredo ($14.95) with garlic bread and it was excellent. This was not the ordinary Seafood Alfredo as it contained large shrimp, scallops, etc. in abundant quantity. Almost to much for one person to eat.
We were unable to partake of dessert due to the meal portions served.

Service: Excellent. The waitress watched our drinking glasses and kept them filled with ice tea before the glass was empty. When the food arrived we were ask if we needed anything else and then we were left alone to enjoy our meals. Checkout was a plus... Our debit card never left the table.

Atmosphere: We were expecting more noise than we encountered. There were about 40 patrons dining at the time but the noise level was quite low.

Value: We felt the home made noodles, sauces, and portions served contributes to making this the best dining places in the north central Ohio area.

Outdoor seating: There is an outdoor seating area planned for the near future.

Business Sign: The business sign has not been installed yet but is expected to be up in the near future.

Recommend: Yes