All reviews family emergency free wifi bed and pillows room was spotless king suite third floor hotel room panera refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2018

Check-in clerk very confused and unprofessional. Never acknowledged us waiting while trying to check-in previous arrival. Small, outdated lobby. No coffee. No water. No cups. Dirty floors and threadbare carpets. Room somewhat badly remodeled but still outdated. Not worth the cost - $116. Huge gaping crack between wall and ceiling. Room smelled musty. Bathroom smelled of cigarettes. Heater/AC unit a few feet from desk -- bad layout. Unusable "fainting" couch. No table for eating in room. Dirty and worn carpets in the narrow hallways. So glad this stay is for only one night. All the bad reviews are right-on. Wish I had read them before booking. Never again. Never.

Room tip: Stay at another hotel
Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Internet was so slow I had to use my phone as a hotspot to email.
No water pressure on the 3rd floor for the shower.
No coffee left 2 days.
Shower was not cleaned in 5 days I was there.
Air conditioning was the only saving grace.

Date of stay: August 2018
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sunbury-Columbus Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Hi William D,

Thank you for posting a review. Sorry our ongoing construction affected your stay particularly our internet, water pressure, and coffee among the others. Certainly, this is not what we want our guests to experience as we only want to provide the best service. I'll share your comments with our team for actions needed.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 13, 2018

We had an excellent room which has been recently renovated, with a very comfortable bed. The service was excellent, and the location was perfect after a long drive. Breakfast included, which was a major bonus.

Room tip: Top floor is best to avoid having to listen to other guests walking around 'upstairs'.
Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed May 12, 2018

This was our overnight stop between two long days of driving. The hotel has renovated some of its rooms, and we found ours on the third floor to be clean, comfortable and functional. The heating/air conditioning is a window unit that is fairly quiet, and responded well to our setting. Bed is one of the new ones, very comfortable--but the 4 pillows are all gigantic, not our preference. Breakfast is in a smallish room by the lobby, not crowded when we were there but could be tight if hotel is full. Further renovations of the public areas is planned. All the renovations will make this hotel attractive, but there is no way to solve the problem of poor sound insulation. Voices can be heard in adjacent rooms and in the hall even at normal conversational levels. One positive aspect of our stay was the proximity of a fairly new, attractive Panera, just right for a light meal.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Katrina H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sunbury-Columbus Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed our new rooms, we are constantly looking to improve our guests stays with us! We hope to see you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed April 24, 2018

On our way to Tn. from Cleveland ohio and I had gotten really sick on the way ,stopped here and the lady the checked me in was the nicest and accommodating person I had ever met. She offered me a king room or a king suite . I wanted the king suite but the price was iffy compared to the king room but when she noticed I was a veteran she gave me the discount and I was able to get the king suite. The bed was so comfortable and the room was spotless If I am ever in this area again and need to rent a hotel room this will be the place I stay and the lady that checked me in that evening on 03/29/2018 is a asset to this hotel . It would hurt business if you lost her.

Room tip: In the Columbus area this is the place to stay
Date of stay: March 2018