All reviews family emergency free wifi bed and pillows room was spotless king suite third floor hotel room panera refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2016

I have always had great results at HI Express and this honestly felt more like a no name hotel experience. I have read a lot of other reviews left on this property and don't understand my feelings. Secondly I am not a low ratings, hard to please guest....ever.
We walked into the room and it just didn't "feel" clean and welcoming. The lamps in our room had a dusty crust where the base is attached. There was a half cup of cold coffee setting on the bathroom vanity. We went to dinner and came back and then realized there was no soap in the bathroom. I went to the front desk to pick up some and mentioned the cup in our bathroom. She offered with no request from me, a discount on our room rate. Kudos for her customer service attitude.
This morning I went to climb in the shower and there were two used bars of soap and a half container of shampoo in the shower from a prior guest!!! Then all day I've been wondering.....did they change the bed linens? Perhaps they assumed the same guest was there. I'm kind of creeped out.
Sitting in the chair one can see a sway backed mattress. This property if inspected would not meet HI or probably health Dept standards. I have no occasion to go back, but for sure will not. Front desk staff was friendly. Housekeeping needs a huge coaching session and room 216 needs a deep cleaning!!!

Room tip: Look first!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Bryan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sunbury-Columbus Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

Thank you for leaving a review. We greatly regret that you experienced so many issues with your stay. This is not the typical experience our guests have and I thank you for noticing that as well. I will be coaching the housekeeper that serviced the room you stayed in, as what you have described is unacceptable by our standards. Once again, I regret that you experienced this and will be getting to the bottom of the issue. Thank you for your feedback, allowing us to become a better property!

Reviewed July 7, 2016

We stopped here on the way to Cleveland and only stayed one night. I want to mention Kristina at the front desk check in as being especially helpful. We had stopped without a reservation and she was very very helpful. Found us a quiet room at the end of the hall and gave us the AAA rate( we are AAA members). She also helped us to enroll in the IGH rewards club. It is a typical interstate hotel with a few extra amenities.
It is true the hotel is a little outdated and dark but it is still nice. It is a typical interstate hotel with a few extra amenities. Room was clean, shower had lots of hot water and pressure. Internet worked ok. Breakfast was nice. Husband loved his cinnamon roll ! The food was restocked frequently.
The hotel provided what we needed at the time, a nice ,safe , quiet place to relax and spend the night while traveling.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank vandynurse
Mica B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sunbury-Columbus Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

Thanks for being our guest and for leaving a review! We are glad the property met your needs! Wait until you see us after our renovation this fall/winter! Please do stop back and see the changes!

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Sunbury was a great stop over on our road trip. The hotel had a pool, workout equipment and complimentary breakfast. I was impressed by the quality of the food- bacon, eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, pancakes, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt and decent coffee! The room was clean and the beds comfortable.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for being our guest and leaving a review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

I always enjoy staying at IHG facilities. The rewards program is a good deal.
The staff at this hotel was for the most part cooperative. They went well above and beyond to ensure that, not only my stay but the entire ball team and there families was enjoyable.
That all changed on Sunday morning, the team didn't play til 5 p.m. so I of course asked for a late check out , ( as a Spire Elite cardholder) I often ask and am granted late check out up to and including 4 and 5 o'clock. Bonnie told me she couldn't do any later than 1. o'clock.
I wish that was the only problem, the team had been using the Hospitality Suite
for meals and just hanging out as a team,
she told them they couldn't use the room
because they had drank all the juice.
As I said I have stayed in plenty of IHG hotels and have seen people in the suites at various times of the day and night. They typically lock the machines so no one can use them. Not counting what I spent the team spent $3500, I would think they could be accommodated a little better.
I certainly will think long and hard about staying there again, It's not far from my house so I'll probably just drive to the games next time.
It's sad that one person can change the whole scape of an otherwise excellent stay!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for being our guest and leaving such candid feedback. We regret that one person was able to change your opinion of your stay so drastically. We have made staffing changes, so hopefully that problem will not be faced at this property again! We do value your business and the team's business and hope you will give us another chance to shine!

Reviewed March 31, 2016 via mobile

First of all make sure to find and read all fine print for booking with discount. Second, the indoor pool area was nice and clean. However, the pool temp was 60 degrees and cold. Thankfully it didn't bother the kids too much. There was a small hot tub that kids tried to use as pool.
Lastly, we went down for continental breakfast at 8am and there was NO food. The people that were down before us said it was gone even earlier. We were told it was served for another 1.5 hours. We had to ask front desk to either make more food or give us a voucher to eat else where. The food magically appeared. Everyone started eating that was already there waiting on food that wasn't coming until we said something.

We will not return for the rate they charge and the service that was given.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Mica B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sunbury-Columbus Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

We are so sorry you had this experience at any of our Holiday Inn Express properties! I do think possibly you have reviewed the wrong hotel by mistake, as our pool is set at 84 degrees year round and we do not have a hot tub on site. I assure you IHG is aware of your concerns and hopefully they can forward your comments to the appropriate hotel. We are a little farther drive to the American Girl store, but would love to have you stay with us, the next time you are in the area.