All reviews family emergency free wifi bed and pillows room was spotless king suite third floor hotel room panera keurig refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Sunbury was a great stop over on our road trip. The hotel had a pool, workout equipment and complimentary breakfast. I was impressed by the quality of the food- bacon, eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, pancakes, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt and decent coffee! The room was clean and the beds comfortable.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Mica B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sunbury-Columbus Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

Thanks for being our guest and leaving a review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

I always enjoy staying at IHG facilities. The rewards program is a good deal.
The staff at this hotel was for the most part cooperative. They went well above and beyond to ensure that, not only my stay but the entire ball team and there families was enjoyable.
That all changed on Sunday morning, the team didn't play til 5 p.m. so I of course asked for a late check out , ( as a Spire Elite cardholder) I often ask and am granted late check out up to and including 4 and 5 o'clock. Bonnie told me she couldn't do any later than 1. o'clock.
I wish that was the only problem, the team had been using the Hospitality Suite
for meals and just hanging out as a team,
she told them they couldn't use the room
because they had drank all the juice.
As I said I have stayed in plenty of IHG hotels and have seen people in the suites at various times of the day and night. They typically lock the machines so no one can use them. Not counting what I spent the team spent $3500, I would think they could be accommodated a little better.
I certainly will think long and hard about staying there again, It's not far from my house so I'll probably just drive to the games next time.
It's sad that one person can change the whole scape of an otherwise excellent stay!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for being our guest and leaving such candid feedback. We regret that one person was able to change your opinion of your stay so drastically. We have made staffing changes, so hopefully that problem will not be faced at this property again! We do value your business and the team's business and hope you will give us another chance to shine!

Reviewed March 31, 2016 via mobile

First of all make sure to find and read all fine print for booking with discount. Second, the indoor pool area was nice and clean. However, the pool temp was 60 degrees and cold. Thankfully it didn't bother the kids too much. There was a small hot tub that kids tried to use as pool.
Lastly, we went down for continental breakfast at 8am and there was NO food. The people that were down before us said it was gone even earlier. We were told it was served for another 1.5 hours. We had to ask front desk to either make more food or give us a voucher to eat else where. The food magically appeared. Everyone started eating that was already there waiting on food that wasn't coming until we said something.

We will not return for the rate they charge and the service that was given.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Mica B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sunbury-Columbus Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

We are so sorry you had this experience at any of our Holiday Inn Express properties! I do think possibly you have reviewed the wrong hotel by mistake, as our pool is set at 84 degrees year round and we do not have a hot tub on site. I assure you IHG is aware of your concerns and hopefully they can forward your comments to the appropriate hotel. We are a little farther drive to the American Girl store, but would love to have you stay with us, the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 25, 2016

Heres the deal on this place from a platinum traveler staying at IHG properties exclusively. My wife and I traveling needed a one night stay, Sunbury being the perfect point. As many travelers have said this is an older hotel, I too like to stay at new hotels but the nice thing is when you do stay at a well-kept older hotel. We were pleasantly surprised at how clean and well-kept this property is, I’ve stayed at hotels just a few years old that aren’t this clean. We met a great young lady at the front desk who helped us find a place to eat at 9 at night, she called made sure they were open and sent us over. We were completely satisfied with this hotel, other older places can take a lesson from this one…nice job to management and staff!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2016

Great people,very clean,awesome breakfast.would stay here again and will recomend to friends. TV awesome wifi at great speeds.my stay was two weeks for business,indoor pool in room jetted tub,even cookies in the lobby in afternoon.

Room tip: try to get room away from stairs and elevator
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

We appreciate your review and thank you for staying with us! You made this GM's day!