“Love the Peaceful Dutch Host Inn”
Review of Dutch Host Inn

Dutch Host Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sugarcreek
Dutch Host Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Sugarcreek B&B and Inns
Bluegrass
“Love the Peaceful Dutch Host Inn”
Reviewed January 11, 2009

We have taken a church group to Amish country, Ohio, numerous times in the past 20 years and we have ALWAYS stayed at the Dutch Host Inn. During those years it has changed ownership and the present owners have made loads of improvement to the place. One thing that has always stood out is the cleanliness! I never have to open the door to our room for the first time with a feeling of trepidation, because I KNOW the room will be spotless! The rooms are beautifully decorated with Amish made furniture and quilts. The conference room is wonderful for a large group to meet in at the end of a busy day of sightseeing and shopping, which in our case, was to hold a short Bible Study and time of reflection. We have always had one or two mention the possibility of staying at The Carlisle (a more expensive, upscale place) because they have a pool. We may do it one of these days, but I think I will always prefer the Dutch Host Inn, because I think it reflects the peaceful surroundings of Amish Country. Who wants to swim? I'd much rather relax in the Gazebo at the Dutch Host Inn or take a nice, leisurely walk outside in the quiet time before darkness descends. My husband and I are hoping to take a two day trip (by ourselves) this winter and we will certainly be staying at the Dutch Host Inn. If I have any complaints, it would be one small one: Sometimes, when I am trying to make a reservation for a group of 12-20, I will have a problem with whoever is taking my information over the phone...I seem to run into this each time. There's always a mistake or misunderstanding on my end or their end. But, they are usually very accomodating upon check-in and any problems are dealt with in a kind and timely manner. I just wish they would accept pets. My husband and I like to travel with our small dog, but we always have to leave him behind when we go to Sugarcreek because the Dutch Host doesn't accept pets!

• Liked — Cleanliness and atmosphere
  • Disliked — Doesn't allow pets
  • Stayed September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Fontanini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed January 3, 2008

My husband and I have stayed at The Dutch Host Inn two years in a row and have booked it again for this year in February. We have stayed in a room with two double beds, a room with a queen sized bed and a jacuzzi and are going to stay in a room with a jacuzzi and a fireplace. Every time we have stayed there the rooms are spotless and the owners are very accommodating. Last year a big snowstorm came up right before we were scheduled to come and the owners were vey nice to let us change our stay to the following week. We recommend this place to all of our friends and family!

• Liked — The cleanliness.
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Tigercar5
Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2007

Hubby and I stayed 3 nights starting 9/17. We were pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. Our room was beyond clean, it was spotless! We had a large jacuzzi room that was decorated beautifully. The price was right as well @ $99.00 a night. There is a continental breakfast available. we didn't use that because it was mostly sweet buns and bagels. Coffee is available all day in the office.
The Holmes county area is wonderful! The rolling hills, the Amish farms and shopping were wonderful. We loved going where the locals go to shop for their goods. We took a trip north to Lehman's Hardware store in Kidron, a few miles north of Berlin. It is a MUST see for the men. We walked around for over 2 hours. The place is HUGE! There are no electric tools that we could find. There is something for everyone there...tools to housewares to toys for the kids. On the way back to Berlin, we stopped at Mrs. Yoder's Family Restaurant in Mt. Hope. It was delicious!!
This was our first trip to that area of Ohio, and it was worth the 6 hour trip, by far! We will go back again in a few years....It is a great place to go to get away for a few days.

4 Thank JudyK328
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sugarcreek
Zinck's Inn
Berlin Grande Hotel
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 4 in Berlin

Been to Dutch Host Inn? Share your experiences!