Dutch Host Inn
Carlisle Inn(Walnut Creek)
$131
$121
The Wallhouse Hotel(Walnut Creek)(Great Value!)
$118
AscendHotels
$120
ComfortSuites
Berlin Grande Hotel(Berlin)(Great Value!)
$129
$125
Comfort Inn Dover(Dover)(Great Value!)
$89
$113
Country Inn
$59
Holmes with a View(Millersburg)
TripAdvisor
Zinck's Inn(Berlin)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsamish countryscavenger huntfree itemsgreat specialsoak furniturejacuzzi roomsmall continental breakfastclosed on sundaysadjoining roomscleanest motel roomcoffee makercinnamon rollsgreat place to stayvery clean hotelbagelsking bedstayed one night
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed there in June and enjoyed it so much we just went back for another get away. The rooms are very large, clean and nicely decorated. Outside there are benches and two large gazebos to sit and relax in, surrounded by beautiful landscaping in a peaceful setting. The room prices are very reasonable and close to many attractions and restaurants. I highly recommend this.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cheryl405
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Just to blanket my review first, I have never given a 5/5. So a 4/5 is the best I can do for this little place.

Nikki and I love to travel around Ohio. It really has some great places to visit, and Sugarcreek is one of them. Sugarcreek is a beautiful Amish country part of Ohio, but there are plenty of things to see, eat, and drink if you decide to get away from it all. Because of its popularity, a great deal of Sugarcreek has been perverted by tourism (walking contradiction rings a bell here). You can find a bag of skittles or jolly ranchers in crinkly plastic bags labeled "Amish fruit buttons" or something ridiculous like that. There is, however, some untouched novel things to experience there so I still recommend checking it out.

To get to the point, because it is a hotspot to visit there are also very expensive places to stay. Price gouging at its best when you need a decent night's stay. The DHI, though, is not one of these places. For Saturday night we paid a total of $83 for a two queen bed room, that had a TV, mini-fridge (perfect for chilling the wine you get from local wineries or the delicious and cheap cheeses you buy!) and up-to-date bathroom. The beds were comfortable, and we even spent some time on the swings and picnic table at the center of the DHI complex. It made for a lovely evening and the stars and moon were tremendous! My ONLY complaints are three fold. For one, you have to use an actual key to get into the rooms. This is not so convenient but manageable. Secondly, the front office is closed on Sunday (EVERYTHING closes on Sunday in this place!). Thirdly, the AC was so loud when it turned on that it woke me up a few times in the middle of the night. The hospitality was fine, nothing amazing and nothing offensive. If you are looking for a more-than comfortable place to stay at a low price check out DHI. Also, they have weekday specials with super discounted rooms and I think they even come with free Amish pies?! Lastly, they do have jacuzzi rooms. I do not know how much they cost or how many but the next time I go I'm going to plan a little more in advance and try to book it.

Just to make a point, the very nice Carlisle hotel down the road was $140 a night rate. YIKES! The DHI is just as close to everything as the Carlisle is too. Another great feature.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 55brutus
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I stay there regularly at this motel. We stayed there this past weekend in Room 32 - king bed with jacuzzi - very, very relaxing!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julie H
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The Hotel is a one level floor plan. Great for the handicap. Our room was very spacious and extremely clean. We had a pleasant stay

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jack F
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have been making this trip every year . We love the Amish country and appreciate the hospitality shown to us every trip. We highly recommend The Dutch Host Inn. This is only place we plan on staying if at all possible. This is absolutely the cleanest, nicest place we have ever stayed in. The staff is very accomodating. We feel at home and very comfortable. Thanks for a wonderful place to stay, and for making travelers feel

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family