“Woooooooooow!!!”

Carlisle Inn Sugarcreek
Ranked #1 of 5 Sugarcreek B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I can't even express what a great winter get-away the Carlisle provided for my husband and me. We wanted to get away for a few days, and live the Sugarcreek/Walnut Creek/Berlin area. The weather was snowy and cold, and those of you who are familiar with that area, know that everything is closed on Sundays. So what in the world did we do?! The Carlisle has a beautiful library with a fireplace and comfortable chairs. My husband and I spent a lot of time in the library reading. It was perfect. Staff were the friendliest, everything was immaculately clean. Homey atmosphere. It was the perfect weekend.
And as a bonus - really bad weather blew in the day before we were due to check out and we needed to leave to be sure we could get home. Even though it was short notice, we were refunded that night's stay with no questions asked. We cannot wait to go back. We'll never stay anywhere else when we return to the Sugarcreek area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shari K

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We attended our second Party With A Purpose at the Carlisle Inn Sugarcreek, and this year we stayed where the event occurred - Carlisle Inn Sugarcreek. We have already made reservations for both 'the party' and 'the Inn' for next New Years Eve. We stayed in the Deluxe Executive Room (king size bed, fireplace, lounge chairs, sofa, balcony, jacuzzi, rainfall shower) and were very, very pleased with the amenities of the room. The room was huge - the location was just down the hall from the breakfast room. There are shops and a dutch restaurant right on the property so the Carlisle Inn Sugarcreek could be a destination in itself and is located in Tuscarawas County. If you want to be a little closer to 'the action' of the Amish communities of Walnut Creek, Berlin, and Millersburg there is also a Carlisle Inn in Walnut Creek (which is in Holmes County). We have stayed there when attending Southern Gospel concerts and it's lovely, too. The breakfast served the morning of our stay was pretty typical of a continental breakfast but provided more than enough choices for us. Visiting this part of Ohio is one of our favorite things to do. If you've never been here, you owe it to yourself to spend some time in this special area.

Room Tip: It's always a good idea to book early!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ohio Traveller
MikeMillerGM, General Manager at Carlisle Inn Sugarcreek, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Ohio Traveller and Vojkan S,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We sincerely appreciated the opportunity to serve you. We realize you have many options when you travel and we are honored you chose to stay with us. Have a nice weekend.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is a rare "gem" in the heart of Amish Country, Sugar Creek, Ohio.
We absolutely love this place, and have been coming for years on annual bases, at least once a year. We bring our whole family, reserving 3 rooms each time. Their motto is "Peace & Comfort", and it is. From the lobby, beautiful, clean, and comfortable rooms, to the pool, and a quality breakfast.
GM Mike Miller runs a "five star" Amish Inn that's a "joy to enjoy".
V. P. Spasic, Broadview Hts, OH

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Vojkan S
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I went to the Carlisle Inn for a little getaway! We were so impressed with it! The rooms are beautifully furnished and so clean and cozy. The library was very inviting with the fireplaces and comfy furniture. The second floor has a really nice social area. People were having coffe and playing cards, sitting by the fire reading, and doing jigsaw puzzles. It was such a relaxing time, we truly enjoyed it. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The shops right on the property were very nice and the restaurant was very good. I am definitely going back again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marianne B
MikeMillerGM, General Manager at Carlisle Inn Sugarcreek, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Marianne B and all recent reviews,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We strive to provide our guests with a peaceful retreat to reconnect with loved ones, rejuvenate and relax and we're excited to hear such positive feedback. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again on your next visit to Amish Country.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight using a certificate we bought on The Fish radio station. Beautiful hotel, very large standard king room. Close to shopping, friendly staff. Great bargain. We did not eat at their restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We are very picky in choosing hotel we stayed, and have stayed here for many years every time we visited my mother in law. Their rooms are very clean, large and nice and they have great people working here. Especially This time, we have family emergency, and called to earlier our check-in date and Lynne spent a lot of time to squeeze us in for the New Year eve in the last minute. We know this is their busiest time of the year.

We also like their restaurant, Dutch Valley, fresh food and reasonable prices.

Highly recommend

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LydIa1988
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Everything everyone says is true, this is a stunning property and a gorgeous Hotel in the jumping off point to Amish Country. The cleaning staff and the cleanliness of the Hotel is far above any hotel you will stay at in Ohio. The overall property is well kept and very secure.

So you can imagine my disapointment when I reserved a Suite during the "Swiss Festival" I had the largest suite reserved, but upon my arrival was told they downgraded me because it was now unavailable.

I never got a phone call nor was it ever explained to me what happened. I ended up staying the one night, but switched to the Berlin Grande the next two nights without incident.

I don't know if I would stay again if there is not better communication from the front desk.

I cannot give them an Excellent Rating at this time.

Mr. Michael Joseph

Room Tip: southside rooms have nice view and are peacful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Allen N

Mr. Joseph,

Thank you for providing your feedback about our hotel. As we discussed in person on September 27th, I am very sorry for the confusion regarding your reservation. For some reason, we had notes on the reservation which stated that a standard room or a suite would be acceptable, so the front desk changed the reservation to a standard room. Per our discussion, I did provide compensation for the inconvenience and I do hope you will stay with us again sometime. Please feel free to reach out to me directly when you are ready to return so that I can personally handle your reservation and insure that your expectations are met.

Mike

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sugarcreek
6 mi away
#3 of 5 in Berlin
Berlin Grande Hotel
Comfort Suites Berlin Hotel & Conference Center
The Inn at Amish Door

Been to Carlisle Inn Sugarcreek? Share your experiences!