“AMAZING!”
Review of Valley View Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sugar Grove
Valley View Cabins
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I were married at the wedding chappel at Valley View Cabins. I don't even know where to start - everything was amazing! Planning my wedding with Karen was so easy because it's a package deal that includes a cake, photographer, dinner, and more. No need to shop around for vendors so it was simple. The food was DELISH! We had the beef tenderloin and Mediteranian chicken. Everyone loved it - no one complained. Karen and her staff really know what they are doing and the day went smoothly. Everyone was very kind to the guests and very accommodating.
Our party ended up renting out a total of 5 cabins and everyone was happy with them. The cabins are clean, smell good, neat, fully equipped kitchen (with coffee pot too!) and the water is NOT well water. I was concerned about the water, being that it was my wedding day, and didn't want to smell like rotten eggs. Karen informed me that they have spring water from a natural spring, and the water quality is very good. No orange stains in any of the bathrooms or toilets - no nasty smell.
I cannot wait to go back to Valley View Cabins!
Thank you Karen!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We loved everything. My daughter wedding was perfect! Awesome service, staff, food, facilities and location. Looking forward to planning another trip next year to enjoying the beautiful and peaceful woods while sitting on the porch, roasting marshmallows at fire-pit, and relaxing in the hot tub.

1  Thank CountryGirl37
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in the Kennedy cabin. The check-in/out process could not have been easier and we were able to enjoy so many things near the cabin. We went kayaking one morning on the Hocking and the next morning we hiked at Rock Stulls park (only 1 mile away from the cabin!). The hot tub, fire pit, fully stocked kitchen, comfortable bed, covered porch (essential as it rained our entire trip), and grill made our trip incredibly relaxing. The cabin was perfectly secluded back in the woods down our own driveway and the little welcome basket full of smore ingredients, popcorn, and coozies was the absolute perfect touch. We will definitely be returning many times in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

First of all, Karen, thank you for you kind customer service. I am in a business revolving around customer services and there is something to be said about that. I am going to try to write a review that I think will be the most useful for other's looking to travel to Hocking Hills.

Sugar Grove, is not super close to Old Man's Cave ( about a half and hour) and this particular cabin is listed as " a private pond onf the premisis" after many mile walks around the property we did not see a private fishing pond. Also, regarding the PA Barn, the cabin has everything you would need, from additonal dish towels, dish soap, toaster, pots and pans ect. However, there is no washer and dryer. Given that it rained all of the days of our trip, with the hiking and so on, I would have much prefered that if we were able to make it happen. Also, the PA Barn is right at the top of the hill, super close to the office and NOT in the woods in any shape of the imagination. It is in front of a bare parking lot, and the hot tub, is in front of that even. A clear vision for those visiting and attending a wedding and the other cabins.

Over all, we had a good time as we always do, however, I would not recommend this cabin to a cabin or family looking for a peaceful weekend "in the woods"

Room Tip: There are no fitness centers, ponds or pools available close by.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ValleyViewCabins, Owner at Valley View Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

I would like to respond to your review, we are glad you chose to stay with us and take the time to review our cabins. The PA Barn cabin is a cabin that goes with the wedding chapel as a guest/dressing cabin for the bride & Groom that is why it is located beside the chapel. The reason it was available over the July 4th weekend is because we did not have a large wedding scheduled. We do have additional cabins that are more private for families that want to stay not attending the wedding. We have a total of 320 acres, so the only place a pond will work is at the bottom of the hill by on our farm. I’m sorry you were unable to locate it.
We are located on the North side of Hocking Hills close to Rockbridge area. Hocking Hills is a large county with lots of attractions, and most guest do more than just hike at the Old Man’s Cave. If you ever decide to visit again, I would recommend Rock Stull Nature preserve, which has waterfalls and cliffs located one mile from the cabins. Rockbridge also has a lot to offer with the Canopy tours, the Hocking Hills Market and Cantwell Cliffs which is located about 10 minutes away. I’m glad you still enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Karen Thompson, Owner

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My daughter's wedding was at the Valley View Wedding Chapel and the Thompson's were wonderful in their attention to detail and providing help with vendors, set up and just having a wonderful, clean and beautiful property! Several of us stayed in cabins for the weekend. The Jackson was our property from Thursday to Sunday the comfort, cleanliness and amenities are fabulous selling points. The wedding went without a hitch thanks to the Thompson's help. The cabin handled the 7 of us easily and even handled the approximately 30 visitors for the pre-wedding BBQ. I can't say enough good things about Valley View Cabins! The cabin has a hot tub, charcoal grill, air conditioned with all appliances. Though the coffee maker was a little slow, a carafe they provided made it easy to brew more without inconvenience. Towels they provided were abundant, bedding was super soft and comfortable! There are plenty of dishes, glasses, pots and pans and utensils. You really "want" for nothing! Roads were the only concern due to winding roads and narrowness but otherwise I cannot complain about anything at Valley View Cabins. The only downside to writing this review is that more people will find the cabins and might prevent my getting the week I want in the future!

Room Tip: The Jackson has 2 bedrooms up and 1 down with a bath on either floor and the kitchen on the second f...
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in the Sunset Cabin. The cabin itself was extremely clean and well-maintained. The owner's attention to detail can be seen throughout. The cabin has all the amenities you could need for a weekend getaway - fully equipped and stocked kitchen, plenty of towels, washer/dryer, and comfortable furniture and beds. The cabin was perfect for our family of 4. We stayed in one bedroom and the kids stayed in the other. We loved the hot tub and views from the gorgeous deck. Our only regret is that we did not stay longer. I would highly recommend this cabin! It far surpassed our expectations!

Room Tip: This cabin is not in the heart of all the tourist attractions of Hocking Hills. We thought this was...
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was our fourth stay at one of the Valley View cabins. We love that it is so secluded, and that the cabins are always so clean and well-equipped. We enjoyed having a fire in the fire place, sitting on the porch and enjoying the view, and the quiet. In the past we used the hot tub and enjoyed that as well. We find the cabins to be convenient to the parks but also to many other sights, including restaurants and historical sights in Lancaster, and antique and farmers markets along the nearby interstate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Cherry Ridge Retreat
Cherry Ridge Retreat
#1 of 3 in New Plymouth

Been to Valley View Cabins? Share your experiences!