“A good stay for a good price”

Holiday Inn Strongsville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strongsville
Yorkville, Illinois
“A good stay for a good price”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

After reading some of the reviews, I was hesitant about staying here, but I should not have been.
Yes, it is an older facility, but it is clean and well maintained. The rooms are spotless, very nicely decorated and the beds are comfy. The only downside is the size of the bathroom and counter space, which I believe is going to be addressed soon. The hotel staff were very helpful and courteous and it was all around pleasant stay. I did think the prices were high for a breakfast buffet, and it would be nice if the price included a breakfast like most hotels do these days.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would go back without hesitation. Also, the town of Strongsville is lovely and has a lot to offer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out to write us feedback about your stay. I am happy to hear that our rooms were clean, and that our staff was able to help you during your stay. Yes, we are expecting a renovation very soon where the whole bathroom will be re-done. Also I would like to apologize that our breakfast buffet was not to your standards, we are always looking to improve and feedback is the only way we know when something isn't to our guest standards. Once again thank you so much for writing about your stay and we look forward to seeing you again after our renovation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is an older property and it is dated however I found the property to be clean and the staff were very friendly. The room was pretty much standard which included an in room coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. Free WIFI and it worked well. I was there on business so therefore I didn't check out the pool nor did I eat at the restaurant.
I have to give a BIG shout out to Dan the shuttle driver. He was awesome, very friendly and made the trips back and forth to meetings, food and airport very pleasant.
Would stay here again if I was in the area for business but would not vacation in this area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write feedback about your stay. I am so happy to hear that our shuttle service was so helpful! Dan will be happy to hear that he made your stay so excellent. Also I am glad to hear that the wifi was working well for you. We are actually expecting a renovation very soon so we look forward to seeing you after we are finished. So we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Only 15 minutes from the Cleveland Airport, close to a great mall with good places to dine, and very quiet. Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch at a very reasonable price, the food is average. Service in the restaurant is slow in the AM. Bar serves dinner which was very good quality for a sports bar. The food service in the bar was fast and the servers very friendly. The also offer shuttles to the airport.

Room Tip: Room 624...the best room by far.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write feedback about your stay. I am glad that your service in the lounge was fantastic, thou I would like to apologize that the AM service was not very quick. Its nice to hear that our shuttle service was so helpful while you stayed here. We are expecting a renovation very soon, so we hope to see you after we are finished. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and got an awesome rate for a Friday and Saturday night stay. The hotel is literally right off the freeway which is really, really convenient. They have free parking in an enormous lot, we never had an difficulty finding a close parking spot.

The staff was extremely polite at the front desk, bar, and restaurant. The young woman at the front desk even thanked me for my business - I love when people do that!

The hotel does need a facelift, it looks a little dated and it is a bit dark but that outweighs the negatives.

Our room (208) was clean and had the amenities we needed, it would have been nice to have a mini fridge but it wasn't a deal breaker. The bathroom needs an upgrade but it was clean and totally usable. The bed was really comfortable with extremely soft sheets.

We were able to use the high speed internet on both our phones, both laptops, and an IPad.....we love our internet.

The hotel was packed during our visit with traveling kids sports teams, lots of wedding parties, and a real estate workshop. No matter how loud things were in the hall way we never heard any noise in our room which is huge.

I had two of the spiciest but great Blood Mary's in the bar, we had really great service.

The breakfast in the restaurant was a let down. It was $13 for the breakfast buffet, everything was pretty bland and nothing was warm or hot, not good. Again, we had great service but the food was pretty bad.

All in all, the good far outweighed the bad and we absolutely would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator, the halls are long!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for writing feedback about your stay we really appreciate all feedback we recieve from our guest stays. I am so glad the front desk thanked you for your business I love when they do that too, its nice to know it made you feel warm and welcome to our property. Also its nice to hear that you had very good cocktails in our bar, and that our high speed internet worked well for you. I would like to apologize for our breakfast buffet and that it was not up to your standards. We are also expecting a "renovation facelift" very soon so our property matches our excellent staff. Once again thank you so much for writing us feedback about your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is mostly clean and fresh but...

My air conditioner vent had rust/crud inside it and the bathroom smelled like mold. I awoke this morning with a splitting headache for some unknown reason. Room 431

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dogonit3
Charlie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
I would like to take this moment to thank you for taking the time out to write a review of your stay. First I would like to say that I apologize that your air condition unit was full of rust and dust. We are defiantly looking into the unit in 431, so thank you for bringing it to our attention. Also we are expecting a full renovation very soon to improve the property in all aspects including our rooms air conditioning units. Once again we appreciate you letting us know where we can improve our facilities and hope to see you again after our renovation.

Charlie S

Travelers are raving about these Strongsville hotels

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Staff nice, rooms clean, but this is an old hotel that perhaps needs some major renovation - we stay here since there aren't a lot of choices in this area and always seem to run out of hot water for the shower.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Charlie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time out to write feedback about our hotel. We are actually in the process of getting a renovation in order so we can better service our guests. It was nice to hear that our staff was nice, we allways want to improve but sometimes it is nice to hear that we are doing a good job. Once again we hope to see you again after our renovation.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here for one night. Shuttle driver from the airport was very friendly. Checking in was quick, and front desk was warm and welcoming. This is an older hotel, but my room was clean, comfortable and well maintained. Plenty of outlets available which was nice to charge my phone and tablet. WIFI is free and worked well. Shower was good, but there is no counter space in the bathroom for my toiletries. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was good and reasonably priced. My friend had the salmon and another had a burger and both said they would recommend. My room was fairly quiet, but when people were talking in the hallway it was very loud.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Charlie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
It is always fantastic when guest take the time out to write reviews of the hotel, so thank you for taking the time out to write feedback about our hotel. I am glad to hear that even though we had small counter space for your toiletries. Also I am happy to hear that our food was reasonably priced and good, your friend is right our salmon is delicious. I would like to apologize for the hallways noise since it sounds like it got a bit loud at some points. Thank you again for taking the time out to write us feedback about your stay and hope to see you again after our renovation.

Charlie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strongsville
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middleburg Heights Cleveland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middlebur...
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport -...
#5 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#6 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Courtyard Cleveland Airport South
Courtyard Cleveland Airport Sout...
#7 of 11 in Middleburg Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Strongsville? Share your experiences!