“Great location close to aiIport!”

Holiday Inn Strongsville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strongsville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location close to aiIport!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Only 15 minutes from the Cleveland Airport, close to a great mall with good places to dine, and very quiet. Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch at a very reasonable price, the food is average. Service in the restaurant is slow in the AM. Bar serves dinner which was very good quality for a sports bar. The food service in the bar was fast and the servers very friendly. The also offer shuttles to the airport.

Room Tip: Room 624...the best room by far.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write feedback about your stay. I am glad that your service in the lounge was fantastic, thou I would like to apologize that the AM service was not very quick. Its nice to hear that our shuttle service was so helpful while you stayed here. We are expecting a renovation very soon, so we hope to see you after we are finished. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and got an awesome rate for a Friday and Saturday night stay. The hotel is literally right off the freeway which is really, really convenient. They have free parking in an enormous lot, we never had an difficulty finding a close parking spot.

The staff was extremely polite at the front desk, bar, and restaurant. The young woman at the front desk even thanked me for my business - I love when people do that!

The hotel does need a facelift, it looks a little dated and it is a bit dark but that outweighs the negatives.

Our room (208) was clean and had the amenities we needed, it would have been nice to have a mini fridge but it wasn't a deal breaker. The bathroom needs an upgrade but it was clean and totally usable. The bed was really comfortable with extremely soft sheets.

We were able to use the high speed internet on both our phones, both laptops, and an IPad.....we love our internet.

The hotel was packed during our visit with traveling kids sports teams, lots of wedding parties, and a real estate workshop. No matter how loud things were in the hall way we never heard any noise in our room which is huge.

I had two of the spiciest but great Blood Mary's in the bar, we had really great service.

The breakfast in the restaurant was a let down. It was $13 for the breakfast buffet, everything was pretty bland and nothing was warm or hot, not good. Again, we had great service but the food was pretty bad.

All in all, the good far outweighed the bad and we absolutely would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator, the halls are long!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for writing feedback about your stay we really appreciate all feedback we recieve from our guest stays. I am so glad the front desk thanked you for your business I love when they do that too, its nice to know it made you feel warm and welcome to our property. Also its nice to hear that you had very good cocktails in our bar, and that our high speed internet worked well for you. I would like to apologize for our breakfast buffet and that it was not up to your standards. We are also expecting a "renovation facelift" very soon so our property matches our excellent staff. Once again thank you so much for writing us feedback about your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is mostly clean and fresh but...

My air conditioner vent had rust/crud inside it and the bathroom smelled like mold. I awoke this morning with a splitting headache for some unknown reason. Room 431

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dogonit3
Charlie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
I would like to take this moment to thank you for taking the time out to write a review of your stay. First I would like to say that I apologize that your air condition unit was full of rust and dust. We are defiantly looking into the unit in 431, so thank you for bringing it to our attention. Also we are expecting a full renovation very soon to improve the property in all aspects including our rooms air conditioning units. Once again we appreciate you letting us know where we can improve our facilities and hope to see you again after our renovation.

Charlie S

Travelers are raving about these Strongsville hotels

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Staff nice, rooms clean, but this is an old hotel that perhaps needs some major renovation - we stay here since there aren't a lot of choices in this area and always seem to run out of hot water for the shower.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Charlie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time out to write feedback about our hotel. We are actually in the process of getting a renovation in order so we can better service our guests. It was nice to hear that our staff was nice, we allways want to improve but sometimes it is nice to hear that we are doing a good job. Once again we hope to see you again after our renovation.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here for one night. Shuttle driver from the airport was very friendly. Checking in was quick, and front desk was warm and welcoming. This is an older hotel, but my room was clean, comfortable and well maintained. Plenty of outlets available which was nice to charge my phone and tablet. WIFI is free and worked well. Shower was good, but there is no counter space in the bathroom for my toiletries. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was good and reasonably priced. My friend had the salmon and another had a burger and both said they would recommend. My room was fairly quiet, but when people were talking in the hallway it was very loud.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Charlie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
It is always fantastic when guest take the time out to write reviews of the hotel, so thank you for taking the time out to write feedback about our hotel. I am glad to hear that even though we had small counter space for your toiletries. Also I am happy to hear that our food was reasonably priced and good, your friend is right our salmon is delicious. I would like to apologize for the hallways noise since it sounds like it got a bit loud at some points. Thank you again for taking the time out to write us feedback about your stay and hope to see you again after our renovation.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We requested a rolling bed during the booking process through Orbitz. They were out of them when we checked in at 6 pm. Asked for an extra blanket or two in case someone had to sleep on the floor (we had 3 children and 2 adults). There was an extra pillow and one thin, woven "afghan" blanket. Front desk slid a $10 subway gift card under our door to apologize as well. We then asked for another blanket as this was very thin. They had "ran out of blankets" per housekeeping and it's been an ongoing issue she said. We ended up sliding the bed against the wall so three people could sleep in one bed. Then, while checking out, the girl asked about our stay. I told her that it was crummy but it had already been partially addressed so we may not want to discuss (I was still fuming about the blanket issue). She insisted on talking about it. After I told her about the rolling cot issue, she informed me that the problem was that we booked with Orbitz and not the hotel directly. I showed her that my confirmation showed the bed request, and she informed me of the definition of "request". I told her it was disheartening of the difference between the staff and condition of this Holiday Inn vs. One I stayed in 2 days prior. She asked if we booked the other stay through the website and when I told her no, she said that was most likely the difference. She said in the future,we should book directly through the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Charlie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for writing us feedback about your stay. I apologize that you felt that you were treated like dirty because you booked through Orbitz. We try to treat all of our guest the same, but when we have a large hockey weekend it is hard to accommodate every request the group has. We are working to improve our facilities with a renovation this summer, where we will be receiving more linen and more of our extra amenities like rollaway beds. Once again thank you for taking the time out to write feedback about our property.

ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night. Room was clean. Double bed was comfy as were the pillows. Nice linens. Would have liked a room safe. No microwave or mini fridge. Pool area was nice. Pool towels were replenished. Our room had two bath towels for four people. I stopped by the front desk to ask for more. The towels never showed up. Hotel is non smoking but you could smell smoke coming from somewhere. Would stay again if it was only for a night.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank bubbles197
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
I am so happy to hear that you had a nice overnight stay with us. Its upsetting to hear that you requested towels and never received them, also we are non smoking and I am sorry to hear that someone wasn't following the rules and was smoking near you. I am glad that you would want to stay here again for another over night stay. Also we are expecting a renovation very soon so we are very excited to announce that. Once again thank you so much for taking the time out to write us feedback!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strongsville
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middleburg Heights Cleveland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middlebur...
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#7 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Courtyard Cleveland Airport South
Courtyard Cleveland Airport Sout...
#6 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airp...
#3 of 11 in Middleburg Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Strongsville? Share your experiences!