“Good clean property”

Holiday Inn Strongsville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strongsville
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very nicely maintained property. Lobby and rooms were very clean, quiet and up to date. One nice feature of the room were the outlets built into each table lamp, plus a wall mounted outlet strip that was easily accessible, making it easy to charge the electronic gear.

Front desk, lounge and restaurant staff were friendlier than average as was their van driver. Even though I had a car and didn't need the shuttle, I encountered the driver in the parking lot and he was genuinely interested how I was enjoying my stay.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

We truly appreciate your comments about our hotel and the staff! Thank you! I especially appreciate your comments about the friendly staff. I am so very proud to be part of this team of people, they truly put their heart into providing great, friendly service. Thank you for taking the time to tell us! Take care.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This Holiday Inn and its staff were wonderful! I travel constantly for business and was very happy to see that I could upgrade to an Allergy and Asthma Comfort room. The room was exceptionally clean and it came equipped with an air cleaner. I slept better here than in my own home. I would highly recommend this room type to anyone that suffers from allergies and I will look forward to staying with the Holiday Inn Strongsville in the near future. This hotel has earned my monthly business travel to Cleveland.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BusinessTraveler132
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write about us! We appreciate your compliments very much. The Allergy/Asthma room you spoke of is a new concept we have recently implimented. So glad you enjoyed it and very happy to hear we have earned your business in the future! See you again soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Even if this hotel looks hotel from outside (and also from inside), the rooms are modern and comfortable.
It's located next to a shopping center with many stores and restaurant.
The hotel provide complimentary newspaper (and coffee early morning).
The only bad point is that it's far from the airport and Cleveland.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Alexandre C
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is an older but well-kept HI that's convenient enough to the airport, R&R Hall of Fame and other local destinations to be a value-conscious alternative to other more expensive properties in the area. Rooms are updated and comfortable and staff is friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind observations about our hotel and especially the compliments about the staff friendliness. With so many hotels to choose from, a building is just a building after awhile. The difference is the people that work in those buildings! I am so happy to hear your comments about the staff, thank you so much and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Because we are priority club members our recent stay was upgraded to the Executive Level (6th floor) of this property. The king bed room was clean and comfortable but the bathroom vanity was too small for all the "stuff" two adults need when traveling. With outdoor temps in the single digits, the bathroom was chilly, as there was no heat lamp and the room's heat was provided by a univent under the window. We were also disappointed that this hotel no longer has a hot tub in the pool area, they evidently filled it in with decorative stones. We would stay here again, the location is convenient and the room was comfortable. Would like a larger bathroom vanity though!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate hearing from you. The input from our guests is invaluable to us when we plan for future improvements. Thank you for letting us know you would stay here again. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I really wanted to give this hotel a great rating, and I almost did until I took my shower and got ready for the day. The housekeeping service has a serious lack of quality control. I was missing soap and a bathmat, and I was only provided 2 rolls of toilet paper that only had 1/4 left. Needless to say that is not enough for 2 people for 24 hours. The shower water pressure was good, and the towels are in good condition. There is not enough counter space, but they compensated by installing a small glass shelf above the toilet which helps. My issues had to do with the disgusting filth I noticed while putting on my makeup. While standing there I noticed the outlet the hairdryer was plugged into by the sink was absolutely gross, it was grimy and dirty with smears of dirty stains.... as was the hairdryer plug, which had a layer of dust. It just looked gross, Wouldn't have been a huge issue but then I realized the edge of the sink also had a layer of dust and grimy filth. I know these areas are often neglected when cleaning, but should definitely be added to a list of routine cleanings, if not each day. The awful part was when I picked up the hairdryer.... It was so sticky and grimy I actually had to grab a kleenex to hold it with. I stay in hotels 3 days a week, and I have never once done this. It takes a very long time for something to feel that gross.... I'm wondering when if ever this has ever been wiped down. It made me wonder what else they neglect cleaning..... I also want to note, that since I do stay in hotels often, I am not very picky about things. I get used to not being at home with my own standards. Things get missed during cleanings, I get that. That being said, filth is not acceptable, it takes a very long time to get to that level, its not just something that has been forgotten for a few days or even weeks.
The beds were fine, sheets appeared clean. The pillows were all lumpy and some quite hard, even the ones that were labeled soft. TV is nice, with lots of channels, and furnishings appear new.
The fitness center was adequate. One of the treadmills didn't seem to work right, and the bike wasn't functioning properly either. There is a good amount of equipment and the temperature was comfortable.
The restaurant was good for dinner and lunch.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write. We truly appreciate the feedback of our guests and use it to encourage our staff when they are positive and also in finding ways to improve when they are not positive. Please accept our apologies as the level of cleanliness should have been much higher during your stay. Hopefully you will give us another chance should your travels bring you this way again. Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was a little worried when I booked this on priceline due to some of the reviews. However, I was very pleased and will stay here again.

We arrived late on Christmas day and when I called the hotel to let them know I needed a late check in there was no problem. I asked for a fridge and microwave but since the maintenance person was gone for the day I was upgraded to a king bed with these items in the room. I had requested a room away from the elevator and not on the first floor due to some other posts on this site. I was near the elevator on the 6th floor but there was no issue with noise.

The beds were very comfortable, the room and overall hotel was VERY CLEAN, housekeeping did an excellent job and the forecast was a blizzard the day after we arrived. The hotel kept the parking lot cleared, the sidewalks shoveled and were very friendly. The pool was very clean and heated and the workout room was fine as well.

The only things that I found as negatives at this hotel was the pool cues had no tips so we did not get to play pool. (we did play air hockey though). Also, we were on the front side of the hotel so we did hear the scraping of the snow plow early (5:30) in the morning so if that is an issue, ask for something in the back. Had we been leaving early in the am, I am sure we would be glad the snow plow was at work early. The elevator is not heated as well so that was an uncomfortable ride after the pool.

We are late risers and were able to get coffee to go at the restaurant on site quickly every morning at no charge.

Again, excellent stay, professional folks working here, VERY CLEAN, beds are comfortable, Business Center is excellent for looking up local attractions and well stocked and clean, pool is VERY CLEAN and inviting and NO Problem with Noise from the hallway or from the elevator. This is a NON SMOKING and NON PET hotel which is such a pleasure to find when you have allergies. The colors were fine as well.

Room Tip: rooms on the executive floors are great.