“Well maintained, budget alternative”

Holiday Inn Strongsville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strongsville
Lehigh Valley, PA
“Well maintained, budget alternative”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is an older but well-kept HI that's convenient enough to the airport, R&R Hall of Fame and other local destinations to be a value-conscious alternative to other more expensive properties in the area. Rooms are updated and comfortable and staff is friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind observations about our hotel and especially the compliments about the staff friendliness. With so many hotels to choose from, a building is just a building after awhile. The difference is the people that work in those buildings! I am so happy to hear your comments about the staff, thank you so much and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Waterville, Ohio
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Because we are priority club members our recent stay was upgraded to the Executive Level (6th floor) of this property. The king bed room was clean and comfortable but the bathroom vanity was too small for all the "stuff" two adults need when traveling. With outdoor temps in the single digits, the bathroom was chilly, as there was no heat lamp and the room's heat was provided by a univent under the window. We were also disappointed that this hotel no longer has a hot tub in the pool area, they evidently filled it in with decorative stones. We would stay here again, the location is convenient and the room was comfortable. Would like a larger bathroom vanity though!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate hearing from you. The input from our guests is invaluable to us when we plan for future improvements. Thank you for letting us know you would stay here again. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I really wanted to give this hotel a great rating, and I almost did until I took my shower and got ready for the day. The housekeeping service has a serious lack of quality control. I was missing soap and a bathmat, and I was only provided 2 rolls of toilet paper that only had 1/4 left. Needless to say that is not enough for 2 people for 24 hours. The shower water pressure was good, and the towels are in good condition. There is not enough counter space, but they compensated by installing a small glass shelf above the toilet which helps. My issues had to do with the disgusting filth I noticed while putting on my makeup. While standing there I noticed the outlet the hairdryer was plugged into by the sink was absolutely gross, it was grimy and dirty with smears of dirty stains.... as was the hairdryer plug, which had a layer of dust. It just looked gross, Wouldn't have been a huge issue but then I realized the edge of the sink also had a layer of dust and grimy filth. I know these areas are often neglected when cleaning, but should definitely be added to a list of routine cleanings, if not each day. The awful part was when I picked up the hairdryer.... It was so sticky and grimy I actually had to grab a kleenex to hold it with. I stay in hotels 3 days a week, and I have never once done this. It takes a very long time for something to feel that gross.... I'm wondering when if ever this has ever been wiped down. It made me wonder what else they neglect cleaning..... I also want to note, that since I do stay in hotels often, I am not very picky about things. I get used to not being at home with my own standards. Things get missed during cleanings, I get that. That being said, filth is not acceptable, it takes a very long time to get to that level, its not just something that has been forgotten for a few days or even weeks.
The beds were fine, sheets appeared clean. The pillows were all lumpy and some quite hard, even the ones that were labeled soft. TV is nice, with lots of channels, and furnishings appear new.
The fitness center was adequate. One of the treadmills didn't seem to work right, and the bike wasn't functioning properly either. There is a good amount of equipment and the temperature was comfortable.
The restaurant was good for dinner and lunch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write. We truly appreciate the feedback of our guests and use it to encourage our staff when they are positive and also in finding ways to improve when they are not positive. Please accept our apologies as the level of cleanliness should have been much higher during your stay. Hopefully you will give us another chance should your travels bring you this way again. Thank you again for the feedback.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was a little worried when I booked this on priceline due to some of the reviews. However, I was very pleased and will stay here again.

We arrived late on Christmas day and when I called the hotel to let them know I needed a late check in there was no problem. I asked for a fridge and microwave but since the maintenance person was gone for the day I was upgraded to a king bed with these items in the room. I had requested a room away from the elevator and not on the first floor due to some other posts on this site. I was near the elevator on the 6th floor but there was no issue with noise.

The beds were very comfortable, the room and overall hotel was VERY CLEAN, housekeeping did an excellent job and the forecast was a blizzard the day after we arrived. The hotel kept the parking lot cleared, the sidewalks shoveled and were very friendly. The pool was very clean and heated and the workout room was fine as well.

The only things that I found as negatives at this hotel was the pool cues had no tips so we did not get to play pool. (we did play air hockey though). Also, we were on the front side of the hotel so we did hear the scraping of the snow plow early (5:30) in the morning so if that is an issue, ask for something in the back. Had we been leaving early in the am, I am sure we would be glad the snow plow was at work early. The elevator is not heated as well so that was an uncomfortable ride after the pool.

We are late risers and were able to get coffee to go at the restaurant on site quickly every morning at no charge.

Again, excellent stay, professional folks working here, VERY CLEAN, beds are comfortable, Business Center is excellent for looking up local attractions and well stocked and clean, pool is VERY CLEAN and inviting and NO Problem with Noise from the hallway or from the elevator. This is a NON SMOKING and NON PET hotel which is such a pleasure to find when you have allergies. The colors were fine as well.

Room Tip: rooms on the executive floors are great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and especially when they have enjoyed their stay with us. I will be sure to share you comments with the staff. Thank you again for staying with us.
Cincinnati
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here for a Saturday evening stay and could not have been more pleased. We had an upper floor king room and it was obvious it had recently been remodeled. In fact, it looked like a redone room from "Hotel Impossible." Very tasteful; the bathroom was exceptionally clean and well equipped with Bath & Body Works products; there was a coffee maker in the room; plus it had an ironing board and iron. Thank you, Holiday Inn, for getting rid of those obnoxious, who knows what it's hiding floral bedspreads! Also, the soundproofing is good--we did not hear any road noise or other guests until about 8 a.m. the next morning. We booked through Priceline and at the rate we paid, we were so pleasantly surprised. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. We did not eat at the restaurant, so no comment on that.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded and on an upper level. It appeared that there are often functions going on in th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking to time to share your observations with us. Your kind words about our hotel are much appreciated. Should your travels take you through our area again we hope you will choose to stay with us!
Durango
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I'm on my fourth night here with my flight crew. We stay I'm hotels 16 days a month and do international Medevac. The rooms are very nice, housekeepers do a great job. The bartenders and servers in the lounge are great as well. I've had dinner in the hotels all three nights and it has been exceptionally good. Prices are fair and the menu is great. But only after breakfast.
The front desk managers are both young and female, both very unfriendly and exceptionally unhelpful. Many times I've requested a shuttle and they tell me every time that the shuttle is unavailable as it is taking SW Airline crews back and forth to the airport. I have also requested that the front desk call me a taxi. They are hesitant to and tell me i would be better waiting for the shuttle. Huh? I sat and waited for an hour this morning before I finally gave up and walked to Subway across the highway overpass.
A word of warning: avoid the breakfast. The food is not good, the service is horrible. I was charged for coffee even though I had none. I pointed it out to the server who advised me that if there is a pot of coffee on the table (that my partner is drinking from) I have access to it and it is company policy to charge me. Again, huh? The morning wait staff is grumpy and slow.
The site seems clean, well taken care of and properly managed. But those front desk managers have gotta go.

• Stayed December 2012
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for offering your comments about your stay with us. We always appreciate the feedback from our guests and utilize as a source to improve our future guest's expirience.
Holland
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hotel was fairly nice and was a good price. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful; didn't catch names of young ladies on 12/22/12. Huge pool / swimming area; wish there had been a whirlpool though.....which appears to have once been there. Otherwise, rooms were clean and beds comfortable, etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for writing about your stay! We appreciate the feedback and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Your comments about the friendly staff and clean rooms are much appreciated!
Happy Holidays
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strongsville
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middleburg Heights Cleveland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middlebur...
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#6 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Courtyard Cleveland Airport South
Courtyard Cleveland Airport Sout...
#7 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airp...
#3 of 11 in Middleburg Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Strongsville? Share your experiences!