“Evening food is fantastic, breakfast is horrible”

Holiday Inn Strongsville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strongsville
Durango
“Evening food is fantastic, breakfast is horrible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I'm on my fourth night here with my flight crew. We stay I'm hotels 16 days a month and do international Medevac. The rooms are very nice, housekeepers do a great job. The bartenders and servers in the lounge are great as well. I've had dinner in the hotels all three nights and it has been exceptionally good. Prices are fair and the menu is great. But only after breakfast.
The front desk managers are both young and female, both very unfriendly and exceptionally unhelpful. Many times I've requested a shuttle and they tell me every time that the shuttle is unavailable as it is taking SW Airline crews back and forth to the airport. I have also requested that the front desk call me a taxi. They are hesitant to and tell me i would be better waiting for the shuttle. Huh? I sat and waited for an hour this morning before I finally gave up and walked to Subway across the highway overpass.
A word of warning: avoid the breakfast. The food is not good, the service is horrible. I was charged for coffee even though I had none. I pointed it out to the server who advised me that if there is a pot of coffee on the table (that my partner is drinking from) I have access to it and it is company policy to charge me. Again, huh? The morning wait staff is grumpy and slow.
The site seems clean, well taken care of and properly managed. But those front desk managers have gotta go.

• Stayed December 2012
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for offering your comments about your stay with us. We always appreciate the feedback from our guests and utilize as a source to improve our future guest's expirience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Holland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hotel was fairly nice and was a good price. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful; didn't catch names of young ladies on 12/22/12. Huge pool / swimming area; wish there had been a whirlpool though.....which appears to have once been there. Otherwise, rooms were clean and beds comfortable, etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for writing about your stay! We appreciate the feedback and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Your comments about the friendly staff and clean rooms are much appreciated!
Happy Holidays
Tarrytown, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

CUSTOMER SERVICE
Front desk (I believe his name was Ryan) was extremely friendly, hospitable, and provided helpful information on which restaurants to go to and where to hang out.

ROOMS
We stayed on the Executive Level. The room is fine. I would have given the hotel four stars but we found a beer bottle cap on the floor and a dirty bath towel in the bathroom.

LOCATION
Location is great and bad. It's great because it is right off the highway. It's bad because it's right off a busy road and it can sometimes take some time to make a left turn out of the driveway. There's several shopping centers nearby so you can buy everything you can possibly need. Cleveland is 15-minutes away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for the for the fantastic comments about Ryan! We are very happy to have him on our team! My apologies for the towel and cap left in your room, that is definately not the way we want your arrival to go and I appreciate the feedback. I hope we see you again soon and wish you a happy holiday!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

The hotel is nice at it's price point. The room was clean, but had a slight stench, mold or something. The things I did NOT like:

Did not honor the rate that we booked at. We booked over the phone (someplace overseas) and was offered a rate of $64 When we got to the hotel, we where told that rate is for truck drivers and we would have to pay $79. In my business, when we propose a price to a customer, we stand by it.

No breakfast. You get to pick a bagged pasty of a wall.

Overall, this property is OK in the $70 range. Will I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your observations with us. We always appreciate the feedback of our guests. My apologies for the confusion over your room rate. In regards to breakfast, we do offer a full cooked to order menu. We also offer lunch and dinner as well. Thank you again for taking the time to write and we wish you a safe, happy holiday season.
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a relatively modern Holiday Inn. The staff is professional, there is a decent assortment of food in their "cafe" and the linens are is reasonable shape. The exercise room is well appointed even if the equipment is mixed and dated. My issue, and I think it's a significant one, was seeing people trapped in the exercise room after the treadmill power breaker flipped and the electronic door wouldn't open. Beware.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank travelingwithmike
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your complimentary observations regarding our staff! Our team truly appreciates them. In regards to the door lock you mentioned, we have followed up immediately to ensure that everything is functioning properly. Thank you again for taking the time to write about us.

Travelers are raving about these Strongsville hotels

Harrison City, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had to travel to Strongsville on business and stayed on a Tuesday thru Friday. Everyone was very helpful and nice. The room was remodeled not long ago and look very true to pictures you may see. Think earth tones of beige, brown and orange. There were plenty of towels and the room was clean and adequately lit. The beds and pillows were better than I expected for a Holiday Inn. The restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch only and the lounge is open for dinner. The food was good and priced reasonable for a hotel. The location is near nothing, think gas station and parking lot near the highway on/off exit. There are many restaurant and stores within a 5 minute drive including a rather sizable and extremely nice mall. The hotel does have a courtesy shuttle service though. It's a good place for a convention or business trip.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms on first floor since near lobby, lounge swimming pool and convention rooms and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel! I know everyone has a very busy life and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed at Holiday Inn's before so I kind of knew what to expect but thIs time I recieved a wheel chair accesable room that was not that great of a room. Water pressure was not good and to compound the problem it was a very poor detachable shower head. They did have a nice fitness facility and a restaurant/bar that was open till 2am. The location to a nearby mall and the airport is the prime reason to stay at this hotel. Other restaurants and bars are within a short drive as well. Very busy hotel and I am sure the other rooms may have been better but for this stay I was not all that impressed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
scott s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am sorry that your overall expirience was just average. We do strive to be much more than that. We take your observations and comments very seriously and I hope we will see you again in the future. Thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strongsville
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Courtyard Cleveland Airport South
Courtyard Cleveland Airport Sout...
#6 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport -...
#5 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Days Inn Cleveland Airport South
Days Inn Cleveland Airport South
#9 of 11 in Middleburg Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Strongsville? Share your experiences!