“Our favorite local date-night!!!”

Shinto Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Ranked #15 of 127 Restaurants in Strongsville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We LOVE Shintos!!!! We go here every few weeks for their delicious sushi- always fresh, amazingly prepared! They have many menu choices as well as individually prepared sushi rolls and Hibachi grills. The atmosphere is fun and festive in the evening. The Hibachi tables can get rather loud, but my husband and I usually sit at the sushi bar and we can hold a nice conversation without problem. The decor is excellent, the low-lighting romantic. The staff is very friendly!

My only criticism would be the dining area is very small with uncomfortable chairs, so either do the Hibachi or sit at the sushi bar.

1  Thank Shelleya921
There are newer reviews for Shinto Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great food, atmosphere and service. Always consistent. Been many times through the years and NEVER had a problem or bad time.

1  Thank Z H
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Went here with some friends and loved it! Very nice entrance, one of a kind restaurant design. Tried the award winning little delicious roll and it was great! We sat at the hibachi area (cook in front of you) and the chef was really good! His name was Mike Jones, and was very out-going and funny. Had very good tricks and made the experience worthwhile. It is on the higher end of price about $23 plate, but was well worth it. The wait staff was attentive and we sang happy birthday to my friend and got a FREE dessert. All and all this place was good will come again

1  Thank tim s
Reviewed April 3, 2008

I met some friends there for dinner for a bachelorette party. The minute you steped foot in the place you start to wreak like fried food.
The place is all open. It's extremely loud. Imagine hearing 50 or so people talking at once and then add the noise of the cooks as they bang their utensils on the hibachi grills.

The service is horrible. Waited forever till someone came around. The young kid who took our drink order asked me what I would like to drink but forgot to ask my friend who was sitting next to me. We were the only ones sitting at the table because the other tables were filled. No big deal but how can you forget to ask someone if they would like a drink! He brought my drink and asked us if we would eat off of the Hibachi menu or get Sushi. We both opted for the Sushi. We thought it would be quicker since we got there later than the rest of the party. He proceeded to tell me that it would take a while to make the Sushi. Huh, a while??? It's not like they're cooking it. But yes it did take more than a while. More like 45min. So while the rest of the dinner party watched their Hibachi cook prepare their meal, we just sat and watched too. Watched everyone eat their food and finish their meal and still NO Sushi. I seriously thought that we were forgotten about. I had to flag our waiter down several times and ask him on the progress of our meal.

Finally we got our food. I had a spicy tuna roll, 2 unagis, and a seaweed salad. And this took 45 mins to make. What a joke! My friend was smart, she got a roll that was fried. About an hour later my stomach started to hurt. We were downtown now at the Bars. I had to leave and go home early because I began to get sick. Was up all night running to the bathroom.

Not only did this [---] hole have horrible service but I got food poisoning from their bad fish. I will NEVER go back there. Save your money and your stomach and try places like Ginza (Downtown, Cleveland) or Hibachi Japanese Steak House (Cuyahoga Falls, Akron).

3  Thank kit_kat_103