“My Favorite”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Royalton Road
Transit: RTA bus stop for Southpark Center off Howe Road.
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This is my favorite Italian Restaurant. I love the atmosphere...I say it's like an italian grandma's basement. It's random and just a unique experience. I love the food.. the portions are large and we always have a lot left but it's so very good!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

My family and I used to really enjoy going to Buca di Beppo, both dining in and getting take-out. However, today I ordered curbside take out and was very disappointed. I phoned in an order for Apple Gorgonzola Salad (large), two bowls of soup, small garlic bread Florentine and Tiramisu. I originally just wanted regular garlic bread, but the chic who took my order over the phone talked up the Florentine, so I ordered that instead. She also didn't have a menu handy when I asked about the prices. But, I had a $10 off coupon, so I wasn't too concerned. Well - I should have been. The bill came to $55 - $45 after the coupon. I waited for about 15 minutes in the parking lot for my order, with my kids squirming in the car, though I had arrived 25 minutes after placing my order - which was the amount of time I was told it would take to be ready. Upon arriving at my Grandmother's house for lunch, I was shocked to find that this 'great' Florentine bread that costs $14 only serves 4 people. I'm not talking 4 big portions either. It was just regular old bread with some garlic butter, a bunch of cheese melted on top and some spinach mixed in there. There may have been a small amount of sauce under the cheese. The soup was enough for one person ($6 a bowl? Really?), was ice cold, and absolutely NOT spectacular. It was a plain old, standard vegetable soup in a tomato base with two or three smidges of ground beef. The salad was sizable and worth the $10 - but the signature Italian vinaigrette dressing didn't taste right with it. The Tiramisu was a good sized portion, delicious, and worth the $11 they charge for it. So, I called with my complaints about the bread. The girl on the other end of the phone gave me some crap about how the sauce on the bread was some special blend, and how it was only $2 more than the bread I had planned to order. Thing is, the bread I planned to order was a LARGE order, and the Florentine was $3 more for the SMALL, not $2 more. Besides that, it was just a big rip off. I can make a loaf of bread twice that size myself, that is better than that, with my own secret sauce for under a dollar. And next time, I will.

1  Thank Rochelle M
Reviewed March 23, 2012

fun place to take a large group; family style dining - decent food

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Reasonably well presented Italian favorites. Best for a large group. If you have 12 or so, ask for the Pope's Table.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I like Buca di Beppo. The family-style food is great. This time had Caeser Salad and Spaghetti & Meatballs (as big as baseballs!).
Got the kitchen table and had fun watching the chefs do their thing.
Waitress Nichole was helpful and chatty.