“Great Food but needs to be Updated inside!”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 135 Restaurants in Strongsville
Cuisines: American
Description: In Manhattan in 1965, there was no place where people could go out to meet friends and make new ones in an environment that was at once both relaxed and yet exciting. Then, Alan Stillman opened Fridays as a way, he said, "to meet Pan Am stewardesses." Suddenly, there was a place with great food, new and exciting drinks and an electric energy. A place where bartenders mixed the environment just as well as they mixed drinks. In short, a place like nowhere else. Today, Fridays in Strongsville, OH is still America's most iconic bar and grill. We embrace and celebrate our heritage as a bar. One that just happens to serve killer food in an environment where it's always Friday.
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Food Is awesome as always.
Moz app is the best
The Firecracker Salmon is so tender I love it
The fries are hit or miss
And please NO BROCCOLI!
The interior needs serious update
Kinda tacky and they need to clean better
The floors sticky and the tables too
Still love the food

Reviewed August 28, 2018

I used to love going here. It's been a while, so we thought we'd have lunch. I was so disappointed on many levels.

To start with, it was 2:30 on a Saturday. Only a handful of tables had people. They took me (with my daughter & 2 school age kids) to the far side of the restaurant & sat me right next to another family, when the whole upstairs was empty. I moved over a booth to give us both space. The next people they sat right between us! I don't understand their thinking. 3 booths right next to each other with half the restaurant empty.

Mozzarella sticks were ok - standard. They messed up both adult orders. Well done burger came out pink. They brought the salad the same time as the meal. The onion soup was very disappointing. Looked like it was thickened with flour. Whiskey chicken came out dark & hard, like it'd been in the fryer too long. After thinking about it, I could tell the oil in the fryer was just old. It was also freezing cold with air blowing on us. I asked to have it turned down, but that didn't happen. The waitress never refilled our drinks or brought us water. She never came over and asked how our meals were. We had to flag her down. The manager came over to see what the problem was with the chicken. He didn't seem like he wanted to be working there.

I don't know - maybe it was just this particular location. As much as I've always loved the whiskey chicken, I will never go back to TGIF.

1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed June 17, 2018

We live in Strongsville and eat here several times a year. After a visit yesterday we’ve come to the conclusion this location is overdue for a physical refreshing and/or a new manager who can recognize their problems. The menus we were given were coming apart and food stained. The server brought different menus but those looked the same. She finally brought a stack of menus and stood at our table going through them trying to find one that was presentable...all the while chuckling to herself in disbelief and shaking her head. The booth we were in had ripped seats and the table edges were well worn. Other chain restaurants in the area (Applebee’s, Red Lobster, Macaroni Grill, etc.) which are similar in age have kept their restaurants updated. This TGIFridays location just doesn’t seem to care. It just seems tired and worn out.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

My family had a gathering after a graduation at this restaurant. We were in a hurry to get back to the hotel and sat at the bar. We ordered the platter which included celery sticks, potato skins, mozzarella sticks, and some BBQ wings. We supplemented this with an order of hot pretzels and an order of pot stickers. We all liked the pot stickers and pretzels with mustard. The celery, mozzarella sticks, and potato skins were good but you needed a chain saw to cut the over-done chicken wings. Service was decent but there was a puddle of beer on the bar where we sat down that the bar tender cleaned. I thought it should have been mopped up before we got there seeing the place was not busy.

Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

I took my family to TGI Fridays last week. Prices were very reasonable. They had items for the small kids and our food was very good as well. Every one enjoyed what they had. The servers did a great job and asked if they could bring out the kids meals before the adults were served. Since they were hungry, we said of course. We definitely will be back.