“Excellent!”
Review of Rosewood Grill

Rosewood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosewood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 127 Restaurants in Strongsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went here a while back for my birthday. We have never been here before and thought we would give it a try. The decor of this place is really nice! Very well decorated, contemporary, and fresh. We were seated and greated nicely by our server (Shelly) who proved to be excellent! She let us try some samples of their wine specials to decide which one we liked best. She was very patient and accommodating with us. For dinner, I had their cedar planked salmon with mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was fantastic! The manager came by our table to see how everything was and we raved about the food and the service. This restaurant also has a private area for parties and occations that is still part of the dining room but secluded enough to be private. We discussed having my son's rehersal dinner here. I like the fact that they have a patio as well. Great food, fantastic service, and great experience. Would definately recommend and we will be back.

There are newer reviews for Rosewood Grill

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Menu was nice and there were some decent selections. Flatbread pizza was real good but that is where it declined. Ordered the fish special and the steak special and both were cooked very well but both had the complete absence of salt, which is a basic chef blunder. Also the signature steak sauce was not good at all. Runny, acidic and not good at all. Totally overpowered the steak when even used sparingly. Also there was a defective light above our table which was an LED and flickered on and off the entire meal. Prices were ok but it was just a average dinner. I would go back but would not be my first choice for guests.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a lovely contemporary setting. The wait staff is trained to perfection, and the two times I have dined at lunch have been delightful. Good soups, great flavors, fine trout special; fries are hot and crispy. There are a lot of good choices; not a bad value, although a bit pricier than some of the chains nearby. Worth the visit and the extra money, in our opinion

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I submitted a review almost a year ago around when they first opened. Have been there a few times since, and once again last night August 13th, 2013. I have to tell you, it's always amazing every time. I am not affiliated with the restaurant whatsoever, and I don't know anyone that works there. I must say that I don't understand these negative reviews. We arrived sometime between 5 and 5:30 and were seated right away. Our waiter was super attentive and helpful. We were being particularly indecisive for some reason, and he really helped us decide on what to get. Mushroom and Brie flatbread, I had the valdalia onion bisque, and the baby spinach salad with added scallops..which was all incredible. My friend is vegetarian and they customized the ziti to fit her dietary needs. We also shared the raspberry cheesecake which was just to die for. The whole staff was very attentive (filling water, taking plates, managers checking on us, etc). I love the ambiance of the decor and the atmosphere as well. I guess that's just my personal taste though. We always recommend this location and try to make it back whenever we can.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I went to the Strongsville version of this restaurant on Tuesday 7/16/13. Based on some of the reviews here I knew to call ahead and make reservations. When I arrived at the restaurant, it turned out they do not take reservations, they only write your name on a list and then make you wait 20 minutes regardless.

Overall, it's not a nice place. Prices are decent, for some items steep.

Food quality is mediocre and certain items are downright mislabeled. We ordered sushi shots, only to find out it was actually a tuna tartar. Sushi does not equal raw fish and raw fish does not equal tuna tartar. My entree of Walleye almost appeared to be deep fried. It was definitely still edible, but there are so many nicer ways to prepare that fish.

The stories about the attitude problem of management are true. When I complained about my reservation not being a reservation, the manager became visibly annoyed. That's a bad start. He later tried to be nice about it, picking us up from the bar instead of using their buzzer system, but even then he tried to convince me I had only been waiting 14 minutes.

Having said all this, the place is packed on a Tuesday. So maybe I am being overly critical or it is catering to a need other than mine. My take would be to avoid this place.

2  Thank Frederik B