“Beware”

Add it.
The Mad Cactus
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Description: It was on the Food Network show, Restaurant Impossible.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Beware”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A few friends recently (October) met for lunch. I ordered the Texas Burrito. An hour didn't even pass and I was so sick, vomiting, shakes..missed work the next day. .I CAN NOT prove it was from the Mad Cactus because I did NOT go to the Emergency room. I will not eat there again. It has been going down hill in my opinion.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank NancyNurse9

STRONGSVILLE
“Even getting a TV makeover didn't help................”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

stopped for dinner about a month after Robert from Restaurant Impossible did a makeover. Had high expectations. Food was still way below average. Judge Mex places by refried beans and these were bad. Salsa bar was the only improvement IMO. Try Gran Fiesta on Royalton Rd. for truly great Mexican food in Strongsville.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank OhioTrackMan
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went here to celebrate my 9yr old son's birthday. He loves the show "Reataursant Impossible" and wanted to try one of his recipes. The place has gotten fair reviews but our experience was good. Waitress was the best we have ever had..very attentive and knowledgeable on menu. Food was hot and quick to our table. Mango margarita was good..not great. Down side...salsa bar is bad but chips are Sam and delicious all on their own. Fried ice cream was horrible... U can skip that altogether. All in all a good experience. And we would go back!

Cleveland, Ohio
“Really wanted to like it...”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We've not been to the Mad Cactus in a while, so I thought I'd give it a shot for take-out. Ordered the Chicken Fajita Salad. The meat was blech; seemed like marinated chunks of lunchmeat or something. The rest of the salad was nothing special (commercial, bagged salad mix, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, red onion). The side of roasted corn salsa saved the dish somewhat. Hubby ordered the fajitas. Way too much 'juice', and the steak that was used was not a high quality cut by any stretch of the imagination. It was tough, and tasted just okay. The steak meat was better than the rubbery processed pressed meat with the spray on grill marks they used to have - but that's not saying much.

Ordered the hamburger sliders for our kids' meal. Again with the meat. Not so good.

If we order again, I think we'll just stick to the mesquite wings if they still have them. We've never been disappointed in those.

No chips. : (

All this for $32.

I can say that our order was ready promptly when I arrived. That was nice.

• Visited August 2012
cleveland
“Will probably be closed in the near future”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I cannot expect this place to be open in the near future. Service was fine however the food was just tolerable and although they say their Margarita's were voted the best in Cleveland not sure by who, when, or what recipe it was. This 1/2 pitcher we ordered tasted like ice water with a touch of lime juice. Would not recommend this place to anyone and will NOT be going back. They have revised their menu recently and it really had little to offer.

• Visited July 2012