“False advertisement/food not up to par with price”

Samurai Sushi and Hibachi
Ranked #21 of 128 Restaurants in Strongsville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Purchased radio ad gift certificate, $30 for $15 (plus handling). We are on a budget and thought this was a great deal since the certificate stated that Kids eat free on Sundays with 2 paid adults. When we get there, they tells us is 1 free kids with 2 paid adults. When we're going to pay, they tell us that we cannot use the gift certificate if we are going to take advantage of a free kids meal. What a rippoff!! Their prices are way too high for the flavor being offered, I found it to be bland, not a lot of anything on it except lots of butter. Better off going to Sakkio Japan at the mall. Their food is tastier. Save your money!

3  Thank sandra g

Reviewed December 4, 2011

Been to this restaurant twice to be fair. They charge Shinto prices and serve fast food. They serve food on cheap plastic plates and bowls with price tags still on them. The place literally has a disco ball on the ceiling that goes off for social occasions....annoying! The atmosphere is like sitting in a basement. Cold and dank. Food quality is the worst I have ever had at a hibachi. Very expensive!

Stay away! Service and cooks are horrible.

Shinto has nothing to worry about. That place has class.

3  Thank Anthony L
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Went out to dinner with our friends and decided to give Samurai a try. We had a great time and wonderful food. We had reservations for 6:30 on a Tuesday night. We were seated immediately and served promptly. We ordered the lobster roll as an appetizer. It's huge! My husband and I both shared what I think is the love boat which included filet mignon, shrimp, lobster and scallops. The quality was fabulous and the portions were huge. Usually we go to Shinto but in my opinion this place is better than Shinto (and less expensive). The soups were hot ( a pet peeve of my husband and consistenly luke warm at shinto) and I loved that noodles are also included in the meal! I noticed there were several bad revies referring to long wait times, but as I said, we were sat immediately and served promptly. Management was even walking around and talking to the guests checking how everyone's experience was. I would definitely recommend and look forward to returning! If I feel like our experience was any less, I'll be sure to post a new review! Based on this experience, I would definitely recommend!

2  Thank jamey_mj
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I am not sure how anyone can give this place a bad review. We made reservations and were seated immediately. The manager made sure that we made the evening special for our friends who were celebrating their first anniversary. The service and staff were friendly and attentive. The food was delicious. We had frequented another hibachi restaurant in the past but we will be giving our business to the Samurai from now on!

1  Thank Curlyqmom
Reviewed September 11, 2011

First and last time....had reservations, sat right away and after that it was horrible! We sat for 45 min without a drink, was never even offered water,they were out of the beer I ordered and the sake menu was horrible. It took an hour for the server to take our order! When the food came I didn't get chop sticks or a fork or a napkin, was I supposed to eat with my fingers? I got u and got my own chops sticks and napkin, the food was just okay. Shinto and Sakura will put this place out of business!!!!!

1  Thank Dawn717