“Very enjoyable; excellent hibachi; worth it”
Review of shinto

Ranked #24 of 127 Restaurants in Strongsville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Finger Lakes, New York
“Very enjoyable; excellent hibachi; worth it”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Don't know what it is about hibachi restaurants in the greater Cleveland area, but these folks certainly do like their tableside entertainment along with their Japanese cuisine!
Went to Shinto for a birthday celebration, and were very pleased with everything. The server (Nicole) was bright, knowledgeable and very efficient. The hibachi chef "Michael" was very professional, not over-the-top kitschy, and flexible enough to moderate his show for one diner who's not a big fan of fire three feet from their face.
The shrimp tempura roll was especially tasty as an appetizer. The tempura had survived the rice roll, and gave a crunch to the well-seasoned roll.
The entrees were well cooked, presented as always in the order they were cooked - always make it an interesting sequence for dining - and prepared as requested. Prices are $2-3 higher than we'd hoped, but once in a while you need to ignore markups.
We'd go back, when the need for tableside entertainment is high.

• Visited April 2013

Strongsville
“Missed it by one minute”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Arrived at 9:29 Tax Day after working on taxes and were told the last seating was 9:30. I asked what the time was and the answer was 9:30 and you can get a drink at the bar if you want. Went to Tomo right about 5 minutes away. Their end time was 9:30 but they took us. Dropped $100 and left a nice tip because they treated the customer right!

• Visited April 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Wife's Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I booked a party of 16 for my wife's birthday a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased with the almost every aspect of the dinner. Shinto has an upscale, edgy decor, with a really cool mural above the bar of Tokyo I'm guessing? The night started out with drinks at the bar as we waited for guests to arrive. Once everyone was there, we were seated. The teppenyaki tables seat 8 people, so 2 tables fit our group perfectly. I would recommend parties no bigger than one table (8) in the future as it is loud and hard to carry on a conversation with the table across from you. Once the cooking started forget about it, each table was its own island.

Dinner started with complimentary sake bombs for everyone, 2 for my wife :) The food was great as always. Your hibachi meal comes with a standard iceberg salad with ginger dressing and an onion soup which is one of my favorites. I had the swordfish, my wife had filet. You have your choice of mushroom sauté or shrimp flambé as a side. There is a $3 up charge if you want fried rice (kinda shady) at most places the fried rice is included. The meal also comes with a vegetable sauté. The swordfish was cooked perfectly, not overdone and my wife said her filet was good. The only thing that I was upset about was our chefs performance, no onion volcano, no shrimp toss to the guests, but he was heavy on the sake bottle especially for my wife. The chef at the other table did it all. The showmanship is part of the allure of hibachi dining, I was a little disappointed we didn't really see much especially because it was my wife's birthday. As the meal concluded they brought my wife a complimentary dessert and sang happy birthday to her which was a nice surprise. The experience was good, with all of the drinks added in, pricey but still very good. It's always fun to dine at Shinto.

• Visited March 2013
N Ridgeville, Ohio
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Always love to go there...best choices of sushi. My family even had a special birthday for me there.love this place yummmmm

Ohio
“Fun atmosphere-great sushi”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went on a Saturday evening and made reservations through open table for 8:30. When we got inside we had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated but when they did seat us they took us to a hibachi table (guess you have to state that in the reservation if you want hibachi or sushi) but once I told him we were there for sushi they took us immediately to a dining table. The atmosphere is loud, vibrant, modern decor meets Japanese. People looked like they were having a good time. The hibachi tables even though we were not close to them looked like a blast, everyone laughing and yelling occasionally but it could have been a party or celebration, either way it was lively. For apps we ordered the seared scallops. Very good. It is more of a small plate, they give you 4 scallops but they are not the plump round ones you see on most menus, this was cut almost in half, thin but very delicious. My husband ordered the wasabi dirty martini and he loved it. For entrees I had my normal spicy tuna and salmon rolls and he he had the popular sushi dish, I can't recall the name but omg was it phenomenal! I was a lightly tempura roll with tuna, cream cheese and another fish inside served with a spicy eel sauce on top. I seriously wanted to order one just for myself it was so good. The sushi was fresh, flavorful and the service was great especially on how busy it was. We will go back for sure maybe to try lunch but it is a great place for a date night or with friends.

• Visited February 2013