“Good Food and entertaining chef”
Review of shinto

Ranked #25 of 127 Restaurants in Strongsville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The food was great the hibachi chef was entertaing. A bit pricey $175 for 4 people with tax & tip, which included only 2 martinis.

There are newer reviews for shinto

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I went with 6 friends and was told by one of them that the food was good. My story begins with a chipped spoon and having to find our server to ask for a replacement.
Our chef was rather blah, he prepared the rice and our entrees first and by the time we recieved our vegtables my salmon was cold. Looking around at the other tables it was obvious that their presentations were more theatrical. I found the dinner was just ok, not memorable. I enjoyed being with my friends and our good conversation.

1  Thank MimsyMedina
Reviewed March 28, 2011

We have been going to the Shinto since it was opened in Strongsville. We enjoyed it mainly because of the experience, not necessarily the food. It is overpriced for the actual food. The last few times we've gone the experience has been bad, specifically the service. You no longer get chopsticks, unless you ask for them. I think this is odd for a Japanese restaurant. The wait staff is complacent and do not provide good customer service. The chefs are also getting boring. Their showmanship is bad. Seriously for the money, with so-so food, what else is there except the experience.

Reviewed February 18, 2011

Looks great inside and out, but service was terrible and quite often rude. Unimaginative and carelessly perpared sushi. Hibachi was good, but very overpriced, and don't dare be a small party and expect to be seated at the hibachi grille.

Gave this place 3 tries since it opened, two actually, because on the third time my wife and I arrived at 3 PM on a Saturday afternoon, and although the place was nearly empty, were told we couldn't be seated because a large party was expected later that night at 6. It was pretty clear they didn't want my business. We left and discovered Tomo just up the road. While Tomo isn't quite as fancy to the eye, the food was better, the sushi is very good, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. Skip Shinto, go to Tomo instead.

Reviewed November 27, 2010

What fish?
- What fish do you have on menu as special? - I asked the M.
- People who eat here don't like or care about good fish or what sushi is about, they like the phony stuff - He replied.
Rolls were ranging from being heavy to super heavy on the rice (a sign of bad chef and a place that sells you rice for the price of the fish, but who goes there deserves it). Many rolls on the menu include tempura or tempura crumb (McDonald's grease anyone?)
Hot tea was - "Do not try this". The mayonnaise, tempura was plenty, but everything else lacked of what the good sushi is about.
When waitress brought a plate with some roll and said – This is rated Number one roll in Cleveland. I almost laughed, just asked her: “Really”.
Then after she brings the 3 dirty sake glasses of 4, I thought it’s another minus for this “burger” joint. Yep, I said “burger” – they are faaaar from good sushi.
And someone rated this place as “quiet”? Must never been in a “quiet” Japanese restaurant. How in the world the hibachi restaurant with a huge bar and minimum of 70- 100 people eating there can make this type of place quiet?
This was first and last time. Thank you. But what's better around there? Tomo? – ha, haa, ha.
I better go to Pacific East on Coventry.
Someone wrote “I took there a business client…” I would never advise anyone to take a client to this one. What’s next? Chucky Cheese?
See ya… never.