“Favorite new sushi restaurant”

TOKO Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Ranked #12 of 50 Restaurants in Streetsboro
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Description: 330-422-1236
Streetsboro, Ohio
“Favorite new sushi restaurant”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this place on the recommendation of a neighbor, and were pleasantly surprised by how amazing the food was. It's located in a very unsuspecting strip mall next to the post office, but once inside I was amazed at how lovely the decor was. The staff was very friendly and attentive as well.

We ordered sushi to start and then ordered hibachi entrees. The sushi was incredibly fresh and probably some of the best I've ever had. The hibachi dinners didn't disappoint either. Everything was delicious. I still can't believe this place is in our backyard… I'm never driving to Cleveland for sushi again!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Heather B

Alexandria, Virginia
“Great restaurant in Streetsboro”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is by far our favorite place in the whole area. The food is consistently very good. Definitely order a grill menu. The sushi is good to, but the menu is awesome. I don't know what they do with the rice, but it is addictive! We usually choose between filet mignon, schrimps and chicken. Service is good too. Definitely worth a try!

2 Thank Sharon D
Streetsboro, Ohio
“"Best Sushi around"”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I love this restaurant. The Sushi is amazing, the best we have had yet. Japanese food is one of our favorite foods, and have gone all over in search of really good Sushi and at a good value. Our last visit we decided to order something from the Hibachi grill, the Filet Mignon was very tender, full of flavor. We have gone there several times now, and have had several rolls which are all very, very good. Excellent service. Overall it’s a really good Japanese restaurant that deserves your patronage.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank debodeb
“Great Sushi!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I are always looking for good,reasonable Sushi.
We have been to TOKO several times since it opened this year and have been throughly satisfied with the food, service, and price.
The atmosphere has a sophisticated look to it that we really like as well.
Many of the rolls are quite good, the Dragon Roll is excellent. Enjoy!

4 Thank Thinfire1
Nanaimo, Canada
“Wonderful surprise - in Streetsboro !!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My daughter and I went in to TOKO and were immediately and pleasantly greeted by a lovely hostess, seated in an almost empty restaurant at 6 p.m. on a Thursday evening. It is a new entry to the restaurant scene in this part of Ohio and, in my opinion, it is the best restaurant for those who enjoy good Japanese cuisine. The menu is broad and inviting - but we had 2 of the specials of the evening and they were simply superb ! The fresh tuna "Sweetheart Angel" was wonderful and the Squid was also excellent. We had two additional items from the main menu and they too were excellent. The prices were VERY reasonable, the presentation of items at the table was artful , and the quality and quantity of the servings were perfect ! We hope it remains for a very long time in Streetsboro as it definitely adds a needed restaurant in this small city. I had been in Japan a month previous to my visit here, and I can say that TOKO equals the best of my eating experiences in Osaka, and Nagasaki!

Toko is located in a very modest strip mall next to a Post Office - not a place one would expect to see such a lovely place !

• Visited July 2012