Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast
$139
$129
AscendHotels
$124
All reviewseggssausageroom was cleanpleasant staybreakfast barcoffee makerexercise roomfree breakfastruby tuesdaysfirst floorbagelsstaff was friendlyindoor poolthe ohio turnpikegas stationdesk clerkroad trip
Reviewed July 13, 2008

The Wingate staff accommodated every need. Even though they had a nearly full (if not completely booked) roster, we felt like we were the only guest to which they had to attend. We noticed other guests were receiving the same "red carpet" treatment too.
The problems that did arise were minor and handled quickly. (They could use a few more luggage carts as some of the inconsiderate guests would insist on keeping them in their rooms overnight.)
Our stay was for an entire week, at the end of which we felt as if we going home after a visit with old friends. We wish them well and they wish us well and the only regret is that they are 6 hours from us. As previously stated "like leaving old friends".
Only 30 minutes or so from Cleveland, a quick drive to an outlet mall and within walking distance of WalMart, we recommend travelers choose the Wingate Inn in Streetsboro. (OMG, they are like finding new BFs.)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Stayed for 2 nights while in the area on business. Nice clean comfotable room with a nice breakfast spread in the mornings. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2008

We stayed at your hotel for 4 nights. While my husband to water classes in Kent. We absolutly loved it! We were impressed from the time we booked it, We called and talked to Gerald and he was very informative in giving us information about the surrounding area and the hotel itself.

Checking in was extreamely easy! Walked in, told them our name and Joe, welcomed us, told us what room we were in, we asked where was good to park, because we were right out front, and he said " that's perfect, your room is right down this hallway." He handed us 2 keys and simple as that we were on our way.

After checking in we went next door to Ruby Tuesday's to eat, Thought it was too pricey for the portions, it cost the 3 of us $43 to eat and that's with a kids dinner, no appitizers and no drinks only water.....
..I recomend going 2 miles up the street to Rockne's. Much better! Wide variety of good food and reasonable prices!

We then came back and "checked the hotel out" (first thing was first".
...The pool area was huge! They had a big swimming pool, hot tub and a really nice sauna! There was also restrooms in this area with showers. Everthing was very neat and clean! There was also plenty of pool towels right there! Once again I stress that everything was very clean! I've stayed at hotels that the pool room smells of mildew and litter around....not this one!!!

There was a real nice exercise room right by the pool area. I personally didn't use it....I had an excuse I had Trevor with me and he is only 3 !!! I must say though...I think the scale is broke...that could not of been acurate! Other guest must of believed it though because that room was used daily by someone!

The had vending machines and an ice machine right in the hallway, with a variety of snacks, gum and candy. Which since I didn't visit the exercise room, I opted to stay away from that machine as well!

Back to the room we unloaded all our stuff! There was plenty of room to store all the goodies we couldn't be without...not that I over pack or anything, but we did have quite a bit of things we needed! There was plenty of hangers in the closet, as well as an ironing board and a safe (no charge).

The bathroom was nice size and very clean, with sweet smelling soap and lotion and shampoo, plenty of towels, wash clothes and hand tells. The shower head was good quality also with different settings on it for ones own preference.

My 3 year old however does not like showers. So even though everything looked clean, I found a maid right down the hallway and asked her if she would be willing to scrub the tub with something disinfecting, and she did it immediatly...boy I'm not used to that! Not even at home!

We went down to the lobby and discovered they had a nice business room, complete with computer,printer and fax machine...for us!!! So Trevor played a educational game on his favorite website. "Kaboose". Later my husband used the copy machine to make some copies of papers for his schooling.

Later that night we had the pleasure of meeting Gerald, (the gentleman we talked to on the phone) He was real pleasent and Trevor really hit it off with him right away! They were buddies! You could tell that he was a nice guy, because all in all Trevor is shy towards men, (except Daddy!) They had this they did...Hey guess what is in my pocket??? Trevor used to load up with the weirdest things to try to keep up with Gerald!

The next morning he we met Cindy, she was the manager...Very nice lady, was always sweet to everyone! She treated her fellow employees as equals, and I even so much as watched her mop the floor with a fellow maid, clean up breakfast with the morning lady, take calls for the desk clerks as well as treat them to lunch called in. All while taking time to go in her office and getting her work done, not still not forgetting the small people...this time I am refering to small...
as in Trevor! He loved her too! He would bring her flowers in everyday, stolen from out front! LOL. She would invite him into her office and allow him to play with her Teddy bear!

The served a hot breakfast from 6:30 - 9:30. The had everything! From coffee,tea,hot chocolate,2 different juices,2 different milks, oatmeal, cereal,fruit,yogurt, bagels,english muffins, toast, danishes, waffles, eggs, sausage. All was kept hot, restocked and clean from a very freindly lady name Sue! She smiled so big she lit up the whole room! Was like a ray of sunshine!

oing the extra step to scrape tape off the floor, Stop to pick up a little piece We also met the lady incharge of being sure the hotel was clean...with the help of her many gracious maids Luanne really was a fanatic about the way things looked! always gof dropped paper...etc. She was putting some inventory away one day and found a piece of bubble wrap with big bubbles and gave it to Trevor...sorry Gerald...
Trevor has a new, new best freind. Lol...

The owner, Joe would stop in daily to do some painting and room improvements. You can tell that place was always being updated and taken well care of. And yes, he would even take time to stop and talk to us and visit with Trevor!

We felt like we were staying at a bed and breakfast, not a hotel! The people were just way too freindly!!

Our 4 days went quick. Before you know it, it was time to check out!! We then went to the zoo which was only 20 minutes away.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank trevorsmommy
Reviewed April 27, 2008

My wife and I travel all over the nation and stay in many motels. We stayed in Rm 111, a King room, on a Friday night. We found the room with beatiful decor, furnishings, tasteful pictures, microwave, refrig, safe, hair drier, and a GREAT bed! The clerks were all helpful from giving me a good rate on the room to allowing us to arive early.
But there were inconsistencies that were baffling for such a quality hotel. On the right side of the bed, there was only 15" space to scoot alongside and get into bed. The A/C was difficult to regulate and kept shutting off although the room was hot and stuffy. The bathroom was very small and the stool sat extra low. The fan & light switch were the same which meant that if you were in the bathroom, you couldn't hear someone if they yelled. The position of the TV was such that you could only see it from the bed. They advertized a 27" TV, but I'm sure it was 25". The office chair creaked whenever you leaned in any direction. The hallway noise of people walking and slamming of doors was noticeable all evening and morning. The breakfast was fabulous, but you had to eat it with cheap, bendable forks that were very ineffective.
I would stay there again, but try another room. Again, it was a great night's sleep, but with glaring oddities that could have been remedied.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2008

The Wingate Inn is an awesome hotel. When I checked in late in the evening I was greeted by a friendly young man (I believe his name was Joe.) The check-in process was fast and easy.
My room was large and clean. I had a good nights rest. The breakfast had a variety of choices. Check-out was once again fast and easy. The same young man that checked me in also checked me out. Thank you to the entire staff at the Wingate Inn for my pleasant stay. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2008