“Not the best.... Ridiculously small breakfast area”

TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This property needs a thorough cleaning... The rooms look shabby... Stained furniture, carpeting, etc. just felt very worn and tired to me for the price. The breakfast area is ridiculously small for the size of property it is... The food selection was good, but there were only spots for about 10 people to sit. And this is pressed against the food counter so it was chaos on Sat morning. No one could maneuver and you had to wait to find a place to sit and eat. They should at least provide trays to encourage carrying it back to the room since they can't accommodate everyone. The pool was small and looked dirty...would not let my kids swim in it. I'm a regular Marriott guest... This isn't their best foot forward.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Noel G

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here one night the room was big clean and it had a kitchen with a fridge and a microwave.the bed was not very comfortable to me I did not get a good nights sleep on the plus side the staff was very friendly..I don't think I will stay here again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cainrcc
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I credited into this hotel might before last on my way back home from a seminar in NYC. The guy who checked me in was very nice and welcoming even with me checking in after midnight. I had a studio, which was large with a large flat screen TV that swiveled. The room had a full size refrigerator, small stove, and came equipped with dishes and utensils. The only downside was that there didn't seen to be much breakfast - the scrambled eggs were gone and the sausages looked a bit grey. I took several of the individually wrapped muffins and hit the turnpike rather than ask them to replenish the eggs and sausage

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lia48202
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is clean and very comfortable. In the morning breakfast is included and they do have a breakfast eating area.. tables, chairs. Not all Towneplace Suites have tables and chairs! The breakfast had hot items as well.. eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal all were available in addition to the usual cold cereal, fruit, etc.

We had personal notes in the room identifying our request for extra towels and feather pillows.. all granted and awaiting our arrival. What a wonderful experience.

Very pleasant people, quiet... perfect for us on a one day stay on a road trip.

Room Tip: They are far enough from the hwy where traffic noise is not an issue.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank thomasrydz
Reviewed March 20, 2013

First thing you notice is the staff that works at the hotel, they were the best staff I have encountered in the hotel business so kudos to the training or just the effort they put forward. The rooms are your typical extended stay with a small couch, kitchen and bed area. The room I had was not split so if you are with kids or anyone else certain rooms may have a divider or not. The only problem I had with the room is someone unplugged the in room heater/ac unit and it squealed for the first bit when I turned it on but it soon lubricated itself and was running normal. The breakfast is your normal affair, waffles, sausage, cereals, muffins etc. The dining area for the breakfast is really small (ie 5 tables) however never had a problem getting a seat (ate late the first morning and really early the second morning). Overall would stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I travel quite a bit, and I always stay at a Marriott hotel when possible. The front desk staff was amazing, quick check in, friendly, over the top helfpful. Room was great, comfortable bed, room was immaculate. Stayed for four days for business, housekeeping staff was great, very attentive to anything I needed. Front desk staff very accomodating, able to answer any of my questions, gave good local recommendations. Recommend highly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a relatively new and clean property in the eastern Cleveland suburbs. There are many lodging and dining choices at this exit. Hotels, gas stations, and restaurants seem piled atop each other and all seem recently built. I only stayed one night but found the wind against the window noisy, the thru-the-wall air conditioning/heater has only 1 blower speed, "loud". Walls are thin. Breakfast is included but nothing special. The dining space is smaller than most - I brought food back up to my room. Fast and easy sign-on Internet with zero times getting kicked off. Some plumbing trouble with my room - cold water coming out of the hot tap. I'd requested foam pillows with my reservation. The hotel not only provided them but Savannah from the front desk left a kind note. I'd give 5-stars for the staff here. While the building is new, it seems constructed from lumber rather than concrete. Lake Erie winds howled through the night. Kitchen includes a nearly full size range and fridge - very nice features.

Room Tip: Lower floors might have less wind noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LoveCarmel42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Streetsboro
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Southeast Streetsboro
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro
Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 9 in Streetsboro
Comfort Inn and Suites Streetsboro
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls

Been to TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro? Share your experiences!