“Kent State Visit”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Dallas, Texas
“Kent State Visit”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This hotel was reasonably priced and probably a 10-12 minute drive to the Kent State Campus. While attending a campus 'open house' for admitted students we stayed here. The staff was nice and helpful and I was going to use points for the hotel but decided to pay cash since even being a Platinum Rewards member I could not upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite. The change from points to cash was handled smoothly and there were no real issues with the check-in process. In fact, I had been on the road driving since 1:00 am and arrived at the hotel ealry in the morning and they llowed me to check in. Thank You!

In the particular 2 bedroom suite we stayed in the bathroom was detached from both bedrooms which was a little inconvenient. You have to actually walk through the small sitting area to get to the bathroom. When you walk in the bathroom area the sink is through a doorway and then a second door separates the toilet and shower from the sink. This was helpful as 2 people could get prepared at the same time.

I was a little disappointed by the freshness of the room though. While it was clean (swept and beds were made) there was a slight scent. In fact the pillow cases and sheets may have actually been over-washed or washed too many times as it was almost a 'clinical' or hospital type smell. (As you can tell this is a little hard to describe). Since I had driven all night I was so tired that I did not complain but the next morning my wife and son both asked that we see about checking into another hotel if we visit the area again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
salesstreetsboro, Public Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for Choosing TownePlace Suites for your recent visit to the Area. We appreciate your response. I apologize for not being able to upgrade at the time of your visit. If you are in the area again please let us know and we can try to upgrade you if there is room availability.

Again Thank you for your response.

Nicole Smith
Sales Representative

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Johnstown
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Having recently become a dog owner and trying to find a pet friendly hotel this place was perfect, I see complaints about the rooms but ours was fine, everything worked, the price was right and it is pet friendly so if you do not have a pet or like pets stay accross the street. Close to Kent State, great resturants and Sheetz accross the parking lot sells Beer!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jtownchief7
Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites. We appreciate your business. At TowenPlace Suites we continue to use your feedback from improvement. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything in the future.

Nicole Smith
Sales Representative
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room fixtures were broken. The closet door kept falling off the track and a curtain rod was bent. The room was not clean. I have stayed at many marriott hotels and this ranks 2nd to last. Stay with another hotel.

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel until they get a general manager
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sfcz
salesstreetsboro, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
I want to Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites. I apologize for issues you may have experienced with the room. It is your comments and feedback that help us to continue to make improvements. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We have stayed here a few times to take our dog hiking in Cuyahoga Valley NP. The service has been great and we have loved our stays. Good Local restaurants were recommended to us each visit.

Breakfast each day at a restaurant right accross the road at Eat'n Park as well as dinner at the recommended local places were great.

Michael

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
salesstreetsboro, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for Staying at TownePlace Suites. We look forward to seeing you again!!!!
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have stayed here numerous times, including the time of my mother's death 2 1/2 years ago and again earlier this month, when my father passed away. The staff was so very helpful, especially during those two difficult stays. One saved old newspapers so that we could pack my mother's belongings. Another helped me to fax things from my flash drive. This past time one made reservations for me at another Marriott hotel that was on my way home, since I was so busy and exhausted. I've had to reschedule reservations using my points and never (knock on wood!) had a glitch. The rooms are clean and relaxing, and I like the kitchenette. Kudos to this Marriott!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
I want to Thank you for Choosing TownePlace Suites, I'm glad our staff was able to assist you thru this already difficult time with the passing of your parents. Please let us know if you need anything in the future. We appreciate your business. Nicole Smith Sales Representative
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I love to travel but hate leaving my puppy at home. The TownePlace Suites was perfect, we were so happy that they accepted pets at their hotel. They are the only hotel in the area that does this and they are very accommodating, they even have a pet play area outside! My puppy loved staying at this hotel and when were are in the area we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
We want to Thank you for Choosing TownePlace Suites. We are happy we could accomodate you and your pet. Please let me know if there is anything you need when you are back in the area. Thanks again Nicole Smith -Sales Representative
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Our two bedroom suite was fairly small, but adequate for our family of five. The breakfast was standard for this class of hotel and the free wireless worked just fine. The staff is what made our stay. Jennifer helped us with some local shopping needs, really going above and beyond to ensure we got back on the road quickly with everything we needed. Who says customer service is dead??

• Stayed August 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Streetsboro
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Southeast Streetsboro
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro
Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 9 in Streetsboro
Comfort Inn and Suites Streetsboro
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia

Been to TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro? Share your experiences!