“This is a "no-brainer."”
Review of El Campesino

El Campesino
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Streetsboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Southbury, Connecticut
“This is a "no-brainer."”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

When I found myself in Streetsboro, Ohio (a bit further from Akron than I thought I would be),
I decided to check locally for a place to have supper rather than travel back into the city.

For me, Mexican food is something for which I must be in the mood. Fortunately for me, I found El Campesino (with the help of Trip Advisor) right the road from my hotel.

I will tell you that if you're in the mood, this restaurant works and works rather well.

Service is effficient and friendly. The food is served hot and fresh and the prices are real value. A satisfying meal of enchiladas verdes, refried beans with a lettuce, tomato and guacamole garnish, soft drink, tax, and tip was $12. You just can't beat that.

The restaurant is clean and comfortable, but nothing fancy. Waitstaff does speak with an accent but their English is fine.

So if you're in one of those hotels on route 14, skip the chains and treat yourself to some pretty good Mexican food. I'm sure you won't regret it.

• Visited May 2012

Regensburg
“Very good experience”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The food was very good and the staff was nice. I can recommend it.

Visited May 2012
Stow, Ohio
“Great Prices and Great People”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

You get large sizzling portions. It's inexpensive. Very tasty. Fast service. Everyone is very friendly, but they don't speak alot of English. I eat here often.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Great food and prices”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Carnitas were awesome, everything was freash and tasted great

Visited September 2011
Stratford, Canada
“Perfectly fine Ohio-Mex food”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Portions were large and the service was impersonal, but the overall value was just fine. This place has Mexican "fast food" down to a science and served with a beer, Taco Bell can only wish they could compete. All the chicken dishes and beef dishes tasted curiously the same , and the sides of beans and rice were uninspiring, but if you're looking for a quick northern Mexican fix in the mid-west, this could be the place.

• Visited June 2011

Been to El Campesino? Share your experiences!