“Had a Great Stay”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Attalla, Alabama
“Had a Great Stay”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

This hotel was better than we expected for the price we paid. The staff was helpful and friendly, the room was a good size and clean. I was very surprised to see negative comments on this motel. The only somewhat negative thing I could say was that the free breakfast was small and had a limited selection.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne
Reviewed October 6, 2010

A quiet stopover.
Very cheep breakfast. Orange juice tasted bitter and bad.
Margarine only - no butter.
No elevator.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We booked through Orbitz and requested a non-smoking room. The hotel, that did not have any non-smoking rooms available, insisted that we booked a smoking room and put us in on. When we showed them the Orbitz reservation, they blamed Orbitz for telling them that we had requested smoking (something that Orbitz has never, in my experience, messed up) and that, besides, there were no non-smoking rooms. Couple this with air conditioning that did not work properly in 95 degree+ head and the horrible smell of a smoking room that had not been properly cleaned, and this was easily the worst motel experience we have ever had--and that includes the place that was busted for a crystal meth lab a few days after we departed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank rbeatch_10
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I was extremely grossed out by the amount of dead "potato bugs" behind the beds and under the dresser. I informed the front desk of the issue and the receptionist assured me that the dead bugs were NOT bedbugs but were instead "potato bugs", a problem the motel constantly battles. I understand that a bug infestation happens and I appreciated the fact that they exterminated the problem but was very upset and grossed out that the bugs were not vacuumed up! They were out of sight the naked eye but all it took was for me to move the bed mattress away from the wall to expose the massive problem (I’m talking hundreds of dead bugs, no exaggeration).

If I had not already let my cat out of his carrier for the night, I would have definitely NOT stayed the night.

I was so disgusted about the cleanliness of the room that I went to the nearby Wal-Mart and bought my own sheets and blankets to sleep with that night. I did not dare use the motel's comforter or pillows.

I will certainly NEVER stay at this motel again and I will NEVER recommend anyone else to either.

There is no excuse for such negligence.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank nicoletosun
Great White Nowhere
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Dirty, No Air Conditioning properly working. Smelt BAD!! Bathtub would not drain. Won't go again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
NEPA
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Peeling paint, water stains in bathroom, stained carpets in halls and room, room/halls had not been vacuumed for who knows how long. The only vacuum marks were in the closet area and under a table, and accumulations of gunk in harder-to reach spots. I don't even want to think about whether they had changed the sheets! NO "free high speed internet" (which was advertised), and when I called the front desk, they said something was broken, though my Network Preferences showed a locked network available. Minimal continental breakfast. It just gave me an icky feeling all over, but I was tired and it was the cheapest place to stay at that exit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
pa
Reviewed April 25, 2009

The place was dirty and smelled terrible. There were stains all over the carpet and multiple broken glass fixtures in the lobby. There was no hot water for showers. The service was terrible and I would not ever recommend the place to any other family.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends