“A Nice, Quiet Escape at this Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Akron Stow

Courtyard Akron Stow
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Stow
Springfield, Ohio
“A Nice, Quiet Escape at this Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is actually the second time we have driven to Stow and stayed at this Courtyard Marriott for a few days. It is located near Route 8 north of Akron, and it is just a bit off of the busy traffic and noise. In fact, it is next to a marsh or wetland area which has many birds. For us, the birds were calming. Our room was comfortable with a King and a balcony with seating which was clean and comfortable. We had a few small issues with plumbing, but they were corrected promptly with apologies. Breakfast is offered in house; however, directly across the main road is a wonderful small coffee house that offers food as well. We enjoyed this as well as the Courtyard for a few day escape.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west and the fields or wetlands. A King with a balcony adds comfort and space...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great comment. We are very happy that we could offer such a nice relaxing weekend away.

We greatly appreciate you choosing the Courtyard Akron Stow and we look forward to your next visit.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I checked in on Monday. Lobby was very pretty and is going to have a major renovation soon. I enjoyed sitting by the fire doing some work with a colleague. When I was getting settled in my room a TV repairman showed up and had to fix the TV. Took about 45 minutes, not a big deal. The heat in the room would not work and required a maintenance man to visit and correct the issue. Then the heat would not turn off. It ran all night.......despite me turning it off. Checking out on Tuesday April 8 at 6 am, I was asked how my night was.....explained about the heat etc. The lady asked the question but could have cared less when I explained. Maybe she was a little sleepy due to it being 6 am. Bill for the night over $200.00 for a horrible nights sleep due to excessive room temp.
The hotel rooms have just been renovated and are very nice. I travel for business 4 nights a week and Marriott hotels are my hotel of choice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Tracey,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard on your recent trip to the Akron-Stow area.
I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your standards, or ours.

I will pass these concerns on to the staff to ensure we take care of the issues.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms.

I would like to discuss the issues you encountered and see what I can do to get you back to give us another try.
Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss.

330.945.9722

Thank you again for your continued support to Marriott and Courtyard.
We greatly appreciate you staying with us.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Our team stayed at this hotel while we were in town to play some soccer games and I would definitely return to this hotel in a heartbeat! It started with great service from the Director of Sales, Ben Farmer. He bent over backwards to accommodate our team needs and made sure they were ready for us when we checked-in a bus load of girls. The hot and cold breakfast was terrific and was included in our room at a very reasonalby price! The great service continued throughout the weekend from the front desk and kitchen staff . And most importantly, the rooms were clean and neat. I do like Courtyards ... they are consistently very good!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Ghawks,

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard on your recent trip to the Stow area.
I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience. We love hearing great feedback like this. I have recognized Ben for his outstanding service.
I am very happy to hear that the service from start to finish was excellent.

We look forward to your next trip so that we can continue to WOW you!

Thank you so much for your continued support to the Courtyard Akron-Stow
Columbus, Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I would stay here again if staying in Stow. There really isn't a whole lot to say about this particular hotel, which is good. I guess a good way to describe this hotel would be: it's a typical Coutyard.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott on your recent trip to Stow. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.
Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I travel to Stow/Canton area several times a year. I stayed at the Stow Marriott last year and have reservations in a few months. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I was told the bar was open in the evenings, however when I stayed, there was no service. Hope it is open during next visit.

Room Tip: I asked for room not backing up to highway. My room was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've stayed here twice now for the Akron Marathon. They offer shuttle service to and from the race. The hotel is comfortable, quiet, and clean. Friendly staff! There are lots of restaurants close by. There's a Dunkin Donuts and a McDonalds within walking distance. Nice breakfast served in the am. Check to see if its included with your room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Gracie R
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott on your recent trip to Stow. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay We love hearing that our staff and building exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next stay.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I travel to Ohio from New York on Business several times a month- Sometimes with a coworker and we've yet to have a problem. We typically only stay at Marriott, Hilton or Embassy Suites on our trips. We have only stayed in the Jacuzzi rooms at this location and they (the rooms) are always clean, always smell good, and the beds are always comfortable. Staff is very accommodating and helpful.

There are many restaurants in the area. We prefer going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and Rockne's for lunch. Food is always decent, drinks are cheap and they are within walking distance.

My coworker usually goes to Solon, Ohio and I go to Akron. He drives for 30-40 minutes depending on 8S traffic, but there is nothing in Solon that compares to this Courtyard property which is why he doesn't stay in Solon. We get two rooms but I always make sure I'm on an upper floor as the jacuzzi room on the first floor is across from the laundry and pool and it can get loud in the hall sometimes.

I'm not sure what the gentleman with the deep voice is talking about- We typically party at night when the girls from accounting/Customer Service get out, and we have never had a complaint or someone bang on the walls. Three people in a jacuzzi tub can be loud sometimes, but we never bothered anyone. I Skype Video chat with my kids every night I'm there and sometimes I find myself getting louder but still I've never had any complaints. I've never heard traffic noise or noise from other rooms.

Property wise, the place is always immaculate. Food from the Cafe is relatively cheap, the pool is always clean, and the small gym is always clean and working. The breakfast is worth the extra money. Great food. We get quite a few drinks at the bar and they are usually perfect. I just wish they would carry Hendricks *Hint to Management*

They are planning a huge remodel in the Spring and plan on removing some or all of the Jacuzzi rooms. We'll probably continue staying there even if they get rid of the rooms, but I'll miss them.

In conclusion, my company usually puts upwards of $3k into this place a month because we love it here. I'm sure there are other places that are cheaper, but you get what you pay for. If you haven't stayed here before, try it out.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor Jacuzzi room for the best experience. They are all located at the end of the h...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
Economy Inn
#3 of 3 in Cuyahoga Falls
3.5 of 5 stars 22 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn

Been to Courtyard Akron Stow? Share your experiences!