“Excellent customer service”

Courtyard Akron Stow
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Stow
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Staff is extremely friendly with me. Rooms are awesome. Front desk staff including matt danielle and others have been greatly helpful with my needs.
I stay here every week for work and will keep continue to do so . Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Utpal20
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Utpal20,

Thank you for your recent review! Not only do we appreciate all reviews from our guests, but we share these reviews during our daily stand-up meetings. I'll be sure to specially recognize Matt & Danielle for their helpfulness.

It is always a pleasure to connect with our guests and we appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you next time,

Jason Jackson - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Britain, Connecticut
Reviewed July 24, 2013

While I did have a few problems with my room it seems to be an anomaly. My Daughter and her husband had a room one door down from us and it was just fine. When the General Manager was made aware of the situation he began an investigation and even refunded a portion of the Marriott points I used for the stay. A fair resolution in my mind. The rooms do need an update, I was told this is scheduled for the fall. The workout area was clean, pool looked clean , Laundry area was immaculate hallways and lobby looked new.

Room Tip: If you happen to be there around July 4th you may want to take the Highway side of the building. Nor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leo7151
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Leo A,

Thank you for your review and for the feedback you have shared. We are continuing to make a solid effort at avoiding any such issues from recurring. We are looking forward to our renovation and are excited to share the brand new Courtyard décor with our guests late 2013/early 2014.

I appreciate your review and feedback,

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We chose this hotel for convenience. We were going to Blossom to see the Train concert, and didn't want the hassle of driving home afterwards. Also were celebrating a special occasion.

The hotel was very clean, and the staff courteous. The room was large and comfortable. We were on the 4th floor, and it was extremely quiet all night. The hotel had a little breakfast area (which we didn't eat), served coffee in the lobby, and had a snack shop for beverages and snacks as well. There are also many places to eat nearby (we went to TGIFridays.)

If I had to say anything negative (and these are very minor things!)..the sheets did not fit the bed! They kept coming off every time you moved. And, they did provide Paul Mitchell shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, but they were very small - hardly enough for one person let alone my husband and I. However, I think this hotel caters mainly to single business travelers, not couples.

Anyway, for the price point, it was a very good experience, and I would not hesitate to stay at a Courtyard Marriott again during our travels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hello 2travelingbunnies,

Thank you so much for providing a review and very valuable feedback. I hope you enjoyed the Train concert at Blossom. We take pride in the cleanliness and comfort of our guests and I'm happy to hear your experience was good and you'd choose to stay with us again. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the minor items you mentioned. We take all feedback to our team and definitely try to make improvements when possible.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Jason J Jackson, GM
ORD
Reviewed July 1, 2013

A very nice, clean quiet property, comfy bed, very restful stay. AC unit was very quiet so was able to keep on the entire evening.

A number of fast food outlets nearby, including McDonalds, Starbucks as well as petrol stations, including a Sheets across the highway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear SweetWillie,

Thank you for choosing our Courtyard by Marriott hotel for your recent visit to the area. Feedback and reviews from our guests are greatly appreciated and shared with all team members. I'm glad your experience with us was pleasant and restful!

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have never had a bad experience in a Marriott property. They deliver a consistent level of quality that allows me to be confident that I will be comfortable and get good service. The Courtyard by Marriott in Stow, Ohio is no exception. It delivered everything we expected - a clean, quiet, comfortable room with a courteous staff.

Since Marriott properties are so consistent, it's helpful to identify a few extra qualities that may be unique to a particular property. In the case of the Courtyard by Marriott in Stow, the location of the hotel is an advantage. It has convenient access to State Route 8, which offers quick travel north into the eastern suburbs of Cleveland and south into Akron. You can get to downtown Cleveland in about 30 minutes and downtown Akron in 20. An added bonus is the east-west access afforded by the cross street, Steeles Corners Road. The famed Blossom Music Center, summer home of the Cleveland Orchestra, is just ten minutes west down this road; ten minutes further on take you into the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley Park with its great hiking and cycling. There are also nice restaurants for all meals within a five-minute drive of this hotel.

We also appreciated that the Courtyard is making a genuine effort to "go green." There was a visible bin for recyclable containers in the room and easy instructions on how to limit daily washing of linens. We recently stayed at a five-star hotel in another city that did not offer these amenities. The internet service was a bit quirky at log-on but once you were logged on the service was strong and reliable. The fitness facility was decent. The pool was not large enough for meaningful exercise but good enough for cooling off, and a nearby whirlpool was clean and comfortable.

I'd suggest a couple of areas of potential improvement. First, it would be nice if you could pull the curtains away from the window air conditioner so that the unit could blow cool air into the room without constantly making the curtains billow out into the room. It would also be nice if the shampoo and conditioner bottles were different colors, so that those of use who need glasses would have an easier time telling them apart in the shower. These are obviously minor concerns that would not in any way cause me to hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel is not right up on the highway but if you prefer a view away from the highway ask for a ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear JCTfromDEN,

Thank you for your great review of Marriott and our property. It is great to hear that you have experienced a strong consistency in your Marriott experiences. We truly strive to provide that consistent service and amenity to all guests. I also appreciate your suggestions. Although the shampoo/conditioner design is a standard for multiple Marriott brands, it is a great suggestion. We are currently reviewing options for the billowing of the shears. Stay tuned for new and soon to be renovated Courtyards as the space above the heater unit will become functional space thus removing the curtain issue.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing our hotel on your recent trip!

Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here last year after the Rascal Flatts concert and I was impressed, More recently I stayed at the beginning of the month for another concert and I will be staying here a few more times this summer as well.

The hotel is nice, clean and modern and the staff have always been nice and accommodating. There are restaurants/bars within walking distance.

The best part is that the hotel is only 3 miles straight down the road from the Blossom Music Center so it is a perfect place to stay after a great show. I recommend this hotel to anyone but especially those who are comin in from out of town for a concert!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Boitanotke
Dear Boitanotke,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. It is great to hear that you will be staying a number of times this summer when attending concerts at Blossom Music Center. We understand that our guests have many choices for accommodations in the area and are thrilled that you continue to choose our hotel.

Jackson, Ohio
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Beautiful courtyard and exceptional rooms. Rooms were very clean, exhaust fans work well in bathroom. There is a separate room with sink and vanity lighting that had plenty of space for extra toiletries. I liked how the closet was immediately behind it for storage and dressing space. The bed was very comfortable and there were extra pillows available without me having to call the front desk. Pool area was clean as well. Maids were very friendly and did a great job keeping the room supplied with linens. Front desk staff was also very informative and friendly. Would like to have been able to enjoy free breakfast, but there was a dunkin donuts close by for relatively cheap breakfast. If ever in the area again, I would definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear traveler060711,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Stow. We know you have many options of hotels and appreciate your choice. I am glad to hear you had a great experience. We take pride in the service of all associates and appreciate your kind words of acknowledgement. Your review will be shared with our entire team.

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Akron Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls
Courtyard Akron Downtown

Been to Courtyard Akron Stow? Share your experiences!