Courtyard Akron Stow
Hampton Inn Stow(Stow)(Great Value!)
$111
$45
Hotels.com
  • Fitness center
$109
All reviewsfront deskplatinum membernice staywould stay here againan excellent hotelmarriott propertiesfamily weddingcuyahoga national parkrecently stayed hereexercise roomtgi fridayscomfortable roomstexas roadhousemicrowave and fridgenice propertyclean hotelrestaurants and shopping
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stay at this hotel three to four times a year because that's where our company puts me. I was here right after it was built and have been here since. The staff is extremely friendly and go out of there way to help you. Breakfast is a nice hot buffet with made to order omelets as well. As a Gold Member you don't get upgraded because there really are no upgrade rooms at this hotel. There are Jacuzzi suites that are horrible. I was put in one once and changed rooms the next day. They are noisy from water in the pipes and they smell odd. You have to ask for a fridge or microwave because not all rooms have them. Some rooms have balconies but you have to ask. The walls and floors are paper thin as others have mentioned and that is a downside to the hotel. This hotel is is desperate need of a makeover to keep up with other hotels that have been built in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the freeway. The freeway side is very noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear kly310,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Our team takes pride in the service provided and enjoy reading reviews commenting on their friendliness and service nature. I am excited to share that 2013 is a year of change and repositioning of our product. By year's end, all 101 guest rooms will be renovated as well as the complete makeover of our lobby and public space. As noted, we are aware of the drawbacks of the Jacuzzi rooms and have decided to eliminate them completely. We will be converting these rooms to a Junior Suite type room with upgrades in the bathroom and guestroom. We will also be adding fridges to every guestroom. Microwaves will continue to be available upon request.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your experience with us after renovation.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We decided to stop here when Christmas got a little crowded at the host house. Good choice. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, easy accress to highways, coffee in the morning, and great rate.Good choice for us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Stow! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience which allowed you to get away from the crowd to relax. I hope the rest of your holiday week was enjoyable. Thanks for staying with us!

-Jason J Jackson - General Manager

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We used the Marriott Courtyard in Stow for our wedding guests for the weekend and for our rehearsal. They were absolutely wonderful. They went out of their way to make sure that everything ran smoothly. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. We would definitley use this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Lynn S,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend for such a special event!! I'm happy to hear that our staff helped make your weekend run smoothly.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Stow,

Jason J Jackson - GM

Reviewed September 17, 2012

It was nice, clean. Walls are paper thin evidentially. Felt like I was in the neighbors rooms with them. Needs some updating. We were mainly there very short time, just to sleep and change but if we had been there longer I think I would have disliked it more.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dew1027
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear dew1027,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us some excellent feedback. We truly appreciate all reviews and feedback received! I sincerely hope the noise from the neighbors was not too much of a disruption, but understand how that can be an inconvenience and frustration.

I am excited to share that in the next few months we are looking forward to starting a renovation that will update all guest rooms as well as our lobby and public space! I'm sure this update will be a rejuvenation to the hotel.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I am Marriott rewards member for over 10 years. I normally stay non courtyard marriott that includes breakfast. This morning there was no greeter and got breakfast like we normally do. We got our own water, juice, food, etc... A server shows up and tells us that there are cost to breakfast. I tried to speak with the GM and he had no empathy or understanding and made no customer service exception. He could have made one exemption and in the future I would know their policy. Mr. Marriott would not have accepted how Jason treated their loyal customer!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarriottRewards-1
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear MarriottRewards-1,

I am very sorry for your frustration. We receive requests nearly every day for an exception to be made regarding Courtyard's breakfast charges. While we truly do appreciate the loyalty of all Marriott Rewards guests, we choose to maintain integrity and not make an exception for one guest and not everyone else.

We sincerely value you as a Marriott customer and hope your future stays with Marriott are enjoyable.