“Clean and close to everything” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Akron Stow

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Akron Stow
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Stow
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Clean and close to everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed for two evenings during a PGA event in Akron and the Hall of Fame game in Canton. The hotel was busy but the staff handled it all very well.
We have stayed here before and this is a consistent, high performing hotel.
Our rate was high ($240. a night) so not cheap, but given the quality of the hotel and the timing of events an OK value.
The pool, exercise room and laundry room were all top notch-clean, well lit and easy to access.

Room Tip: When reserving, try to get a room rate that includes breakfast. It will save you over $20 a meal.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear WITravels1512,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel again for your recent return visit to the area. We strive to provide a consistent and high quality experience for our guests and we're pleased your experience was as such. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Jason J Jackson- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toledo, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

The property is very new and in great condition. We had a great 2 room suite- full 2 rooms with a double sink bathroom (nicer than home), king bed, pull out love seat, pull out chair (located in the bedroom and perfect for my 4 year old), wet bar, mini fridge, microwave, balcony, and 2 tv's. Great size for my family, who came with me on this trip. Free wireless Internet- a fantastic plus as many upscale hotels i visit on business charge for this, which irritates me to no end. Lobby was nice, and though I didn't spend any time in it I noticed there was a bar and lots of comfy looking seating. I used the fitness center during my stay- it was small, with only 3 pieces of equipment and a set of weights. But it seemed adequate for the use it got, as I usually was either in there alone or with one other person. Didn't use the pool or hot tub, but they were located right next to the fitness room and seemed nice enough. My only real gripe was breakfast, it was just so expensive, though the offerings were good and the service great. We have family in the Akron area, and often visit. I will definitely consider staying here again on future trips.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear TeacherLadyToledo_OH,

Thank you very much for taking a moment to review our hotel. Your review was a true compliment as the hotel is actually nearly 7 years old. We strive to maintain very high standards of cleanliness and condition! I can understand your comment about a pricey breakfast. In just a few short months, we will be renovating our entire lobby and offering a brand new breakfast concept to our hotel - offering a variety of options (a la carte or menu selections) with a range of pricing that may better suit your needs. Again, thank you for providing a review of our hotel and we look forward to your future stays!

Jason J Jackson - General Manager
Brandon, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had a 19 night stay @ this property. The property is in ok shape, nothing spectacular. Heated pool area is great. The workout room is also good and gives a view of the pool as you exercise. The staff's service is spotty, if not disorganized. I'm not going to condemn them as they were going through a change in ownership and it may have played a role in their performance. The general manager truly seems to care and when he is present, everything goes as it should. When the cat is away the mice do play. The 'bartender' doesn't spend any time at the bar, he is often found chit chatting at the front desk and telling jokes. The front desk staff is courteous and helpful, but I had to remind them often to alert me promptly when I received packages, correspondence and faxes. I'm sure they will get better. The highlight here is the housekeeping staff. They do a superb job and management follows up often to make sure they deliver. The maintenance staff is super fast and also very nice to customers. When a bulb gave out, I didn't even have to call. Within hours the maintenance guy showed up because housekeeping alerted him. Amazing!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. Also make sure you ask the front desk, as not all rooms have a fridge and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear RafySoto,

Thank you very much for your candid and very valuable feedback regarding your recent long term stay. You have provided some excellent feedback regarding our service and can be assured that we will take your comments as a learning moment as we continue to strive for continued excellent customer service.

Jason J Jackson - GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I travel over 200 nights per year and this was a pleasure! Front desk personnel were helpful. Exercise room is adequate for hotel this size. Lobby spacious and clean. Rooms clean. Good area with restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We take pride in the quality of our service and cleanliness of our hotel. We all appreciate our guests taking the time to write a review and hope to see you again in the future!

Jason Jackson-General Manager
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I got this hotel through Priceline. The highest star rating available in the area was 3 stars, and this was one of them. I would say it is nothing special. It didn't seem to be any better than a lower-rated hotel such as Comfort Inn or Quality Inn.

Pros:
Friendly staff
Clean carpet and bedding
Nice TV
Short drive from downtown Akron

Cons:
Small room (I had a room with 2 Queen beds)
Located right beside noisy highway - a lot of noise in room
Shower didn't drain properly - yuck!

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room that is not on the side of the highway. I don't know if it would cut...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Ohiovisitor2010,
Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. My apologies for the issue you had with noise in your room, thanks for bringing it to our attention. We hope to see you in the future!
prospect ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

my husband and i stayed at this property one night, june 3rd. we had tickets to see the dave matthews band that evening at the blossom music center. we had a king whirlpool room. the room was clean and fairly roomy. bed was very comfortable. we did not spend much time in the room as we were there to see the concert. we had a cab service pick us up for the concert which was so nice. blossom is not too far. all the staff we encountered were so nice and friendly. we would definitely come back to stay if in the area for any reason.

Room Tip: i think any side of the building would be good.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
tamaradmProspectOhio,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was first time staying at this hotel. I had some fun stuff to do while on a short stay in the area and I used some Marriott Rewards points for the stay. That said, however, the rate at the time was about $150/night which seems high, given the location.

The room was very clean and comfortable and as is usually the case, everything in the room worked just fine.

Breakfast was available on the Saturday I was there at 7:00 a.m., which is typical for a Courtyard on a weekend. Someone commented about no free breakfast at this hotel. Courtyards do not provide a free breakfast. If you want that in your rate, you have to select that option when making the reservation on the Marriott website. Still, it's not free. I am a Platinum Elite member and don't get free breakfast here. That's just not part of this particular branding with Marriott.

The restaurant host person was very nice and helpful and since it was not busy (I was the only one there at the time) she also prepared scrambled eggs and veggies to my liking. Thanks very much!

The layout of this property is what I refer to as the "classic" Courtyard as opposed to the new bistro, front lobby and guest rooms that are being installed as the Courtyards in the U.S. get major renovations.

Caution - watch out for the goose poo. it is all over the parking lots and sidewalks.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Tech-trekker,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you again!

All the best,
Jason Jackson, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#3 of 3 in Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Courtyard Akron Stow? Share your experiences!