“great place to stay with family”
Review of Hampton Inn Stow

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Stow
Reviewed July 23, 2012

great hotel to stay with kids... high speed internet , 5 ft.deep pools were perfect for my kids, clean rooms. could do a better job replenishing food during breakfast, no towels in pool area , no hot chocolate in reception area( compared to other hampton inns).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Stow, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Glad to hear you had a great time with your family. We try and make our hotel very family friendly. We have so many things for everyone. We have coloring books for kids, games in our lobby for the whole family along with cards. Restaurants located nearby to eat at. Pool and Whirlpool on the first floor along with a fitness center. We hope you choose us again when you are back in this area. We also have a private meeting room that people rent our for family reunions and other events. I am sorry out running out of towel, I assure you we have plenty. Just let us know at the front desk and we would be more than happy to get you towels. We also have Hot Chocolate in our lobby. It is located at the coffee station in the very top above the sugar and creamers. It is a popular item. I'm not sure if we were running low or simply hadn't had a chance to put out more but we try to keep it stocked the best we can.
Have a great summer!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms. Our room was right across from the indoor pool and down the hall from the fitness room and still was a quite room. The pool had a lot of chlorine so if this bothers you, you may want to stay on the 2nd floor. Conveniently locate across from TGIFridays and Texas Roadhouse. There's a 10% discounnt at Texas Roadhouse and coupons for an apetizer or desert at TGIF.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Glad you enjoyed the restaurants located so close to us. We have some many great options and recommendations of eateries around the area. Our hotel guest are also lucky because if they show their key at most of the restaurants they get a discount. We look forward to your next visit with us, and hope that maybe next time we can recommend some fun things to do around town. We are here to help, let us know what your in the mood to do and we will help you have a great time in Stow.
Enjoy the rest of summer, from everyone at the Hampton Inn in Stow!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I were in town for one night for a concert at the Blossom Music Center. This hotel was the perfect location, as it's a straight shot right down the street. The hotel is located conveniently right off of the highway, and there are gas stations and restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel property itself is very clean and pleasant. The front desk staff was wonderful, and very accommodating. Housekeeping was friendly as well. The pool area was clean and the pool was the perfect temperature. Our room was immaculate, and the furniture and bed were very comfortable. The rooms kept out a lot of noise as well (nothing worse that a noisy hotel!!)

I would highly recommend this hotel if you're in town for a concert. It's literally the perfect location and the hotel itself is wonderful. I believe they have a hot breakfast available in the morning, though we did not partake in that.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor, all the way down the hall, so perhaps that's why we had little no...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

How was the concert? We are the perfect location for the Blossom Music Center, and we all hope you had a great time. Next time you head to Blossom I hope you choose us again. We do tend to sell out on busy concert nights so make sure once you get your ticket to book your room as well. I also hope you get a chance to try breakfast next time. Breakfast does run from 6-10am every morning, and it is so good. Fresh made waffles, cereals, two hot items, oatmeal. Most of it is to go as well for those in a hurry to get on the road or just grab a quick bit before the go back to sleep or head to their next destination.
Enjoy the rest of summer, your friends at the Hampton Inn in Stow!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

The staff makes you feel like family in this conveniently located suburban hampton….near restaurants….and highway….clean and friendly staff is awesome…love this hampton..make sure to eat local near the hotel and take advantage of discounts…ask at the hotel for coupons..

Room Tip: all rooms comfortable…but not near elevator….nice pool too
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gypsy1102
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Stow, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thanks Gypsy1102!
I am glad we were able to make your stay a success! You are so right about the local food spots around us. T.G.I.F. , Texas Roadhouse, and Rockne's are so close that you don't even have to drive, if its nice out. These restaurant also give us great coupons all the time and we love to give them to our guest. Simply ask a front desk clerk for food coupons when you are staying with us, we would be more than happy to help find you the perfect place to eat! P.S. sometime all you need is your room key to get a discount at some of these restaurants. Hope to see you real soon, Thanks again. Have a great Memorial Day!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night when several Little League teams were also in town (and staying on the floor above us!). The boys started running up and down the halls, jumping up and down, etc. Our headboards were even shaking from the chaos above. When I called the front desk, an extremely friendly man answered, apologized profusely, and the noise was completely silenced within 2 minutes. He called back to check on us and asked that we please call back as soon as we hear any other disturbances. Fortunately, the team remained quiet the rest of the night. Aside from the excellent customer service, the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was simple and basically continental (with a couple extra options of oatmeal and scrambled eggs). Both the oatmeal and scrambled eggs were delicious, as was the muffin I carried back to my room. The only issue we had was the temperature of the room. The heater wasn't working properly, and even set on 72 degrees, blew chilly air. I won't put this on the hotel, however, because we did nothing to remedy the situation. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lauren B
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Stow, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank You Lauren!

I want to thank you personally for being patient about the noise. When we get big groups in sometimes they can get a little loud and crazy. I am so happy to here that we were able to get the team to calm down. I appreciate your feedback on the heater, I will be sure to let the maintenance guy know about the issue and hope to get the room heater/ air conditioner to the perfect settings for your next visit. Look forward to your next stay with us, and can't wait to see you again. Thanks again, hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We only stayed one night for a two day tournament. We chose not to stay at the hotel where the tournament was held, and boy were we glad we chose to stay at the Hampton Inn in Stow instead. I chose this hotel based on other tripadvisor reviews. We checked in late, around 7:30pm. When we arrived I asked the front desk if we could get a room that was quiet since we had to get up early for the 2nd day of the tournament. He was not only pleasant, but went out of his way to check other rooms on another floor. We ended up choosing to stay in the room that we already had since it was further away from the elevator. He said if it's not quiet enough to be sure to call the front desk and they would take care of it. Our room was clean, the temperature control worked great, and the air/heater was quiet enough we got a very good night's sleep. One of the best sleeps I've had in a hotel. The next morning the staff was again very friendly and the breakfast was okay, but we didn't choose the hotel for their food. The only suggestion we have is to put extra non-slip sticks in the bath tub; two of slipped. We would definitely choose this hotel again....even the kids liked it! Great stay, great staff, reasonable price.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor away from the elevator and it was quiet, but the top 4th floor is proba...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Stow, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

I'm glad you choose to stay with us for the Tournament, I hope they did well in the tournament. I am glad Mark was able to get you into a room that was on a quite floor. We strive to keep the hotel quite and enjoyable for all. We offer so much that I hope the kids got to take advantage of the pool and breakfast. I will let maintenance know about the non slip grips in the tub, I apologize two people fell in the tub. I hope to see you again for another tournament that may be in the area. Please let all your friends and other team-mate parents know that they are more than welcome to stay with us! We also offer great group rates of rooms 10 or more rooms. Thanks for the great review, Have a great weekend!!!

Nate Hoskins & Amber McCune

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stay was OK. Home fries for breakfast were great. Upset no movies in the room. Room heat dried us out bad. Had headache and bloody nose next morning.

• Stayed: March 2012
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Stow, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

All reviews are important to us and I would like to thank you for your review. All our guest have access to HBO. Our HBO channels are on the TV channel guide in the room. I personally love HBO and could watch their movies for hours. I am glad you loved our breakfast . You have my sincerest apologies about the dry room. I know my skin gets super dried out in the winter especially from being inside all the time. Ohio's weather is so unpredictable. I hope you are able to see past the dry room and give us another try, maybe in the summer. Our pool is great for relaxing and taking time to just relax. At the Hampton Inn in Stow we want all our guest leaving happy and satisfied.
Happy Easter!
Front Desk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Akron Stow
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Courtyard Akron Stow
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Holiday Inn Express Kent State University

Been to Hampton Inn Stow? Share your experiences!