“Love this place”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Stow
Oxford, Wisconsin
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stay in the area yearly when visiting family. Have stayed here twice and will continue to do so. The staff really know what service is. One staff member in particular, Annette? (the breakfast hostess), went completely above and beyond what I would expect. She went out of her way to make sure that my family was comfortable and happy. I can't describe how helpful everyone was here. Kids lost something in the lobby area, they not only called but also brought it to my door. Staff suggested kid friendly activities in the area.
Clean, comfortable rooms. We had a slight plumbing problem, which was taken care of very quickly. Breakfast was good. Pool are was clean and relaxing, ran out of towels though.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Stow, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
We love having you! "Awesome," That's how excited I feel to hear about the service we were able to provide to you and your family. The Hampton inn is perfect for a winter getaway. With a great breakfast, pool and spa, and newly renovated lobby it would make anyone feel at home. I am so glad Annette was able to above and beyond for you and your kids. When your in the area again, we can't wait to give you some more exciting kid friendly activities. Stow, Hudson, Cuyahoga Falls and Akron have so much going on it's hard to do some much all at once. I can't wait to make your next stay as enjoyable as the last. I hope to see you soon, Thanks for the feedback! It's always great to hear, see and show people why we are the #1 hotel in Stow.

Front Desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Recently stayed at The Hampton Inn in Stow, Ohio for a business trip. Total of 5 nights. Hotel and room were reasonably clean. Had mixed service experience with the staff. Some of the younger hotel employees were polite and courteous. One of the older female employees at the desk was not very friendly, or polite.

My room heater was not working. They did get me another room promptly.
Breakfast at the hotel was good. The Texas Roadhouse nearby was very crowded and food was mediocre.

I was shocked to see my bill at checkout...$140.00/night with taxes added. For that price, in a suburb of Akron-Ohio, I would expect a Hyatt or Marriott level hotel.

I give it a 3 star....ok experience, but NOT worth the money. Next time I'm in the area for business, I will be looking at other hotels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Stow, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for writing to us, and to assure you that we do read all the tripadvisor reviews and consider your suggestions carefully. In your review you mentioned that you felt that the value of the room was a little pricey. Our rates do fluctuate and change with demand and availability of room and room types. We try to exceed everyone's expectations of the value of service received, as well as amenities. Did you know you can save up to 15% when you book 14 days in advance with the Hilton Advance purchase. All you do is book online through our Hampton Website and pay for the room 2 weeks ahead of your arrival. I am glad to hear that they were able to get you in to a suitable room. It's always a pleasure to hear from everyone and appreciate your feedback, I hope you do give us another chance to show you why we are #1 in Stow on Tripadvisor.
Thanks Again, Hope to see you again!
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Clean, quiet rooms. Comfortable beds. Very friendly staff. Great deal for a great price. Came here from NYC and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Stow, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
I am so glad to hear about your stay with us. I hope you had a great trip from NYC, it's been a great winter for our travelers so far. Next time you head west again I hope to see you and hope you consider staying with us again. Have a great day!

Front Desk @ the Hampton Inn Stow
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were on a road trip and stopped here for the easy access to the highway and to our destination. The rooms were clean and up-to-date with comfortable beds. The breakfast was the standard buffet for Hamptons, but the breakfast room was very modern and well-maintained. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Stow, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Our new perfect mix lobby is one of our newest and most talked about highlights. With all new furniture and our new carpeting and flooring it is a great place to enjoy breakfast. We also are always looking at ways to improve breakfast. One thing to look forward to next time you visit us. Is our oatmeal dispenser with its own variety of toppings. Our breakfast includes delicious waffles, our two hot items, cereal, muffins, fresh fruit and so much more. Like you mentioned since we are right off the highway it is the perfect location for people traveling up and down Rt. 8. Glad to hear that you had a great stay and I hope you will be our guest again if your ever in our area. Happy Holidays from everyone at the Hampton Inn in Stow.

NATE HOSKINS
FRONT DESK
batava, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

I chose this hotel based on 1. Hampton brand, 2. Tripadvisor reviews and 3. the manager's attention to customer reviews impressed me. My sister and our girls met up for a 2night stay halfway between our homes. The weekend was planned to relax and let our girls play together. The price, pool, whirlpool, the beds and breakfast were high on our priorities.. The price was fantastic for a Hampton,, the pool area was wonderful - we had it to ourselves for the most part, would have preferred a hot tub with jets, but the hot soak in the whirlpool was sufficient. the breakfast was FANTASTIC! The woman who kept it full and tidy on Saturday morning should get a shining star award for hospitality..and boy did she keep that breakfast room full and clean (the gentleman on Sunday morning..not so much..). We had freshly made waffles, scrambled eggs, cereals, bagels, fresh fruit.. You name it! It was top notch and boy did that save us money. we didn't need to go out of lunch either day as breakfast was so filling. I appreciated the hot coffee and tea freshly made all day. The hotel was very kid friendly and comfortable. Sleep on the other hand was not as wonderful.. The folks upstairs sounded like a hurd of elephants above us..and the hampton bed that I soooo looked forward to fell very short of expectation. Yes. the bed covering was as cushy as I expected, but the mattresses were not up to a Hampton standard.. so.. we did not rest very well each night and woke up with sore backs. We had 2 wonderful meals at the steakhouse next door and the service there was just as great. Kudos to this hotel.. so many others could take a lesson!

Room Tip: We were in room 102..which was convenient to breakfast room (and late night use of kitchen microwave...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hope you had a nice girls night out. I also am glad to hear about your stay. It is great to get feedback on things we can improve upon and things people loved at our property. Annette our breakfast lady does do a wonderful job and I know she will appreciate your praise for her hard work. We don't get too many complains about our Serta beds. I will make sure to address the housekeeping issues as well with our housekeeping staff. I hope next time your in the area you can give us another chance to wow you. Our 4th floor tends to be less noisy due to the fact that no one is above you, I always recommend higher floors for our light sleepers. Hope to see you soon and Happy Holidays from everyone at the Hampton.

NATE HOSKINS
FRONT DESK
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

Location in Stow may be good if you need to be in this area -- we were visiting friends in Akron and this was about 15 minutes away. Modern, clean, well-kept up, frendly staff; pretty much everything we could want in this mid-tier chain. Swimming pool area was nice and had wide latitude in hours, so it was possible to meet your needs better that other hotels with more restrictions. Jets in the hot tub didn't appear operable. I judge the "included breakfast" in these kinds of places by their eggs and meat. On morning 1, the offering was a cheese omelet and ham; both just barely qualifying as edible. On morning 2, they had scrambled eggs and bacon; both were good. Overall, it was a good experience and I have no complaints, though the avg price of $105 per night seems a little steep.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Stow, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. Our new renovations have been a highlight of our property, many have noticed the modern and up to date look. We provide all our guest with breakfast, and a pool and whirlpool (not hot tub). There are no functional jets in a whirlpool only hot tubs. With our outstanding customer service we try and make every guest feel that they are getting their value in our hotel. Our location is great for those visting friends in Akron like yourself, and also those that are looking to head north and visit some Cleveland attractions. Hope you visit us again next time you visit friends or family in the area or just coming to the area for pleasure.

Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for almost a week and got what I get for staying in Hampton Inn: Good Service, clean and well maintained areas including breakfast buffet and a great price. You also have restaurants at walking distance and a gas station. If you are going for business in Twinsburg, Hudson or Stow this is the place to stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Stow, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Our business clients have mentioned we are in the perfect area for people doing business in Hudson, Stow, Akron, Twinsburg, and Cuyahoga Falls. It's great to hear that you think so as well. We also get a lot of guest that are happy they don't need to track down a cab to get to dinner, because of the proximity of TGIF, Roadhouse, and Rocknes. If you let the front desk know that you are going to dinner at some of these restaurants we sometimes have coupons or you can simply show you room key to them and they may provide a free appetizer or something. I hope you choose us when you are back in the area on business again.

Front Desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Stow
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Courtyard Akron Stow
Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn

Been to Hampton Inn Stow? Share your experiences!