“Cleanest Hotel Ever”

Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stow
Reviewed August 26, 2010

If I didn't know any better, I would say that they had installed research laboratory-grade dust collection hoods throughout the hotel! So clean! The hotel opened in 2008, and it looked like it had opened yesterday.

We stayed in a studio suite, which was well appointed. Nice toiletries, a small kitchen, wi-fi, and a comfortable bed contributed to the positive room experience.

The common areas are very attractive, comfortable, and unique. The lobby/lounge features a fireplace, a small movie theater/viewing room, a game area, a small bar, and access to the beautiful patio area--where they hold events and dinners for guests. Breakfast is served in the lounge area. Staybridge is an extended stay hotel, and the amenities are meant to provide a homey feeling for those who are traveling for a long time. Staybridge is right next to the courthouse, and so you can imagine the need for an extended stay property nearby.

For our trip, we needed to stay somewhat close to the valley area of Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. Staybridge is right on Route 8 - - very close to where we needed to be. Its location is convenient for skiers in the winter, and getting to downtown Akron is a breeze.

Check-in was super easy, and the lady at the front desk ensured that we got a nice room on an upper floor. Check out was simple too.

Staybridge was designated as one of two properties for guests of the wedding we attended. It appeared, also, that a little league team was staying at the same time. The hotel was quite full. Staybridge's status as an extended-stay property really cannot support a hotel full of families with two or more children, as the fuller services they provide to their usual clientele (who are more likely to be solo business travelers) are too labor-intensive. Breakfast was crowded, and the staff could not keep up with the supplies.

There were some loud guests in the room next to ours. We called, and someone from the front desk came up to take care of it. I don't think it was a security guard; I think it was the night manager on duty. Made me wish there was a little stronger staff presence at night.

Overall, I truly enjoyed staying at Staybridge Suites in Stow. I can tell that operators try really hard to provide a comfortable and convenient place to stay. If I were a business traveler, I would not hesitate to pick this hotel. And, if I needed a hotel for a similar situation to the one I described here, I would come to Staybridge again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 3, 2010

We arrived at the Staybridge in Stow 2 hours earlier than the regularly scheduled check-in time, and fully expected to be told we'd have to wait until 4PM for our room. But we were surprised! The room they had set aside for us was not ready, but the young lady at the desk was kind enough to find us another of the same type so we didn't have to wait.

The rooms are very spacious for what you pay (we got rates of 67$ a night off expedia!). We booked a studio suite which came with a kitchenette complete with full fridge, microwave, toaster and even a 2-burner stove top (no oven though). The queen bed in the room is very comfortable, and the sheets were clean and not starchy like several hotels we've encountered in the past. We also loved the 32" flat screen in the room, which has a DvD player already hooked up. The hotel allows you to pick your pillow type, and extras are available in your in-room closet, which is good for those of us who love to use several. I should also add in that all the rooms come with free Wi-FI, which is extremely fast and easy to connect to; maybe even the best I've ever had.

Free breakfast buffets are provided every morning, which is always nice. They even have a make-your-own waffle set-up, which I thought was a nice touch. There is a also a "Sun-downer" reception, which is like a mini dinner buffet, Tues-Thurs evenings. We tried this once, and the food is good but goes fast, so get there early.

The pool area is also nice, when it's not full of kids. This particular property keeps the pool open 24/7, which was great for us night owls, though I would recommend they impose an age restriction on the lateness, as one family had their very small children there splashing around at 1 am and it was a tad...annoying.

There are a few areas to buy groceries nearby, which goes great with the kitchenette in the suites. Avoid the in-hotel "mart" though; it is a bit on the over-priced side.

All and all a great place to stay and an excellent value. I will return if I even need to stay somewhere local again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Stow in March during a visit to see my daughters who attend college in the area. I got a great room rate on the hotel's website for a King Conference Style Suite. When I arrived I found they put me into a regular King suite but after I looked at the room, I wasn't disappointed in the least. It was modern, stylish & spacious...and everything looked brand new. Loved the gorgeous granite countertops in kitchen/eating area! The room easily accommodated the 4 people in our group with the pull-out couch. I liked that the room came with a DVD player--and movies & games are available for loan in the business center. The pool/hot tub area is open 24/7 which is nice if you enjoy a late evening or early morning swim. The complimentary breakfast was okay--liked the fresh fruit for a grab-n-go snack. The hotel is in a quiet area and is easy to find right off the exit. I would recommend this hotel for travelers who enjoy great value and modern, spacious rooms.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Stayed here for a 3 day weekend visiting family.Hotel is still new,we stayed in the efficiency suite and had plenty of room.Room comes with a kitchenette and full sized fridge.Room was clean and bed was comfortable.Only problem was pillows are almost too soft but not that big a deal.Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Traveling in a car after totaling our Westy on a cross-country holiday road trip, we found ourselves having to accommodate my leg injury and our 6-mo-old kitten. Staybridge was one of only a couple hotels in the Cuyahoga Falls area willing to allow pets*. They gave me a wheelchair-accessible room with a roll-in shower so I didn't have to step into a tub with my injured leg. They offered synthetic down pillows on the bed--but real down pillows in the closet, if you'd rather have those. I'm so used to typical hotel towels--tiny, sometimes scratchy--that the fluffy, soft towels here were a real treat. Excellent breakfast offerings in the morning.

*Their usual guests tend to stay for several days, or weeks, so the pet fee is a steep $75, though the manager did cut us a break because of our circumstances.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2009

I had to travel with my family for a family funeral. The staff was excellent, very attentive to our needs and friendly. The suites are brand new! Comfy beds, very clean, and well cared for! Attention to detail is obvious as noted by other reviewers. I would stay there again for sure! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2009

This hotel is recently opened. Excellent option if you are in Cuyahoga falls / Akron, OH. Lots of eatling places around. Nice hotel. Greta rooms. Probably one of the best I have seen in a 3 star property.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Akron Stow
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 5 in Stow
Courtyard Akron Stow
Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia

Been to Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!