“Local Greek taste”

Cuisines: Greek
Steubenville, Ohio, United States
“Local Greek taste”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Yorgos is a great place if you want to eat something a little different. I love that I can eat a Greek salad with Feta cheese and a homemade dressing anytime. They have stuffed potatoes topped with anything you want, they are known for that too. I also like the Gyros and spinach pie, which are authentic Greek food along with some desserts. And I top off my dinner/lunch with a freshly squeezed lemonade. The prices are about in the mid range, but well worth the price.

Steubenville, Ohio
“Best Gyros/Best Stuffed Potatoes/Cleanest Restaurant”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Yorgo's has been around for a LONG time..They have quality products, fantastic gyros, stuffed potatoes (stuffed with almost anything your tummy desires) VERY VERY clean and well ran establishment. Parking on the street is sometimes a challenge, but that not their fault.

“Yummy!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

The gyros were huge! And delicious. One gyro is a whole meal and you don't need fries to fill you up. The fries are undercooked though.

Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
“Great Gyros”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was in town for an afternoon and drove past the window and thought, "that's where I'm eating lunch today."

I'm glad I did.

The Gyro was amazing. I couldn't believe how much meat was on it, I was not able to finish it or the fries, which were only "okay."

The atmosphere was interesting...I grew up working in my parent's pizza place, so it was endearing to see the older guy, who I assume was the owner, sitting there reading a paper and the workers, who i assume are his family sitting there talking about other employees. Over all it was an enjoyable experience and the Gyro was great.

However, the woman who took my order corrected me when I ordered a "Jah-eye-row" by saying, "you want a 'he-row?'" I wasn't offended, but I did wonder how many people do get offended when she does that.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank NichC
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fresh, delicious and huge portions”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I get a Gyro Jr and can barely finish it. The regular gyro will feed two people easily. So. Much. Meat. And delicious to boot. Try the gryo salad if you're watching carbs. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Yorgo's. Mr. Sergakis is hands-on and oversees everything. Try the homemade lemonade. It is to die for.

• Visited July 2013