“An Excellent Night Out”

Scaffidi's Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Steubenville
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Scaffidi's Restaurant and Tavern is a family owned and operated restaurant in Steubenville, Ohio that specializes in Italian-Style meals such as pasta, burgers, and entrees.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Scaffidi's Pasta in a locally owned Italian restaurant that specialized in all sorts of pasta and other dishes. The quality is nothing short of remarkable, and the atmosphere is quite impressive. The restaurant began as a small startup, but its success is evident by its expansion and vast improvements. The service is very attentive as well. My favorite dish is the massive calzone; my wife likes the pasta. The bar is just as elegant as the serving area. This restaurant is easily one of fine Italian dining in every respect.

Frankie D, General Manager at Scaffidi's Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Hello!

On behalf of everyone here at Scaffidi's Restaurant and Tavern, I would like to thank you for the kind words that you have given us regarding your experiences here at our restaurant.

We are so glad that we can provide the great food and service that you enjoy!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

There are newer reviews for Scaffidi's Restaurant & Tavern

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We hosted a business event last year, with about 50 people attending. It was something like a meet and greet. The catered food was amazing, so much better than the usual catering fare one expects. The service was professional and attentive, unobtrusive and swift. The space we reserved was just right, and we would definitely recommend scaffidi' s for similar business events.

Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind words about your event that you hosted with us. We are so glad that everything went well for your event and everyone had a great time.

If you should need anything else from us in the future your catering needs, please feel free to contact me and we will be glad to help you out!

Thanks!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Decided to try this restaurant while we were home visiting family last month since my dad had heard everything is homemade. When we got there it was pretty quiet, maybe 4 tables with people at them (and toward the end of the meal) so we were seated quickly. However it took Kenneth quite awhile to get over to us and get drinks going, and throughout the meal we had to keep asking for water refills as well as other things (never did get that bread) or extra salad dressing. Now their pasta is homemade which was very good, but the meat sauce left a lot to be desired...mainly meat (I didn't get any in my bowl)... hubby loves gnocchi but not these (made with cheese instead of potatoes) said they were Way to heavy, he didn't even finish them. Tried the wedding soup, broth was very flavorful but the pasta in it had been cooked so long it was mush. Daughter got pasta with marinara and said it 'was ok'... but 'we don't have to come back here' which was pretty much what my dad had to say as well.
I think if the service had been better we might be inclined to give it another try... but really didn't like it that much to consider it

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear about your poor experience with us. We never like to hear of a dissatisfied customer!

I understand that you are from out of town and may or may not be back in our area again.

If you are, I welcome you to contact me as we would love to invite you back to show you a much better experience than you have had before.

Frankie DiCarlantonio, General Manager & Events Coordinator

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We have visited this place many times and they do it right. The sauces and pastas are made on site (you can watch them make it thru a window with a kitchen view). Generous portions. Their lasagna is hard to beat. They use a mascarpone cheese rather than a potato base for their gnocchi which is delicious. I love the pink sauce that is an option with the gnocchi. Everything is fresh and served piping hot. Overall, a great place to eat a delicious, casual meal in a clean and comfortable setting.

1  Thank Michelinstarchef

Hello!

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and comments that you have given us about your visit! We greatly appreciate it.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

After reading the reviews for this place I was eager to try it out. My husband, daughter and I went one night. When we got there we were asked if we had a reservation, which we did not. You'll have to wait in the bar then, we were told. Which was ok except they were not busy. In fact we were the only ones in the bar. After about 5 minutes they told us they had a table for us. After we were seated we waited another 10 minutes for a waitress. We finally grabbed one and told her we had been waiting a while. Also we asked for a different table, as they sat us right next to the door and it was cold out. The waitress was very nice and moved us to another table. She told our order promptly and provided refills in drinks. Our order came out fairly quickly but it did not taste homemade. In fact, the noodles tasted like any you'd find in a supermarket. My dish lacked flavor and spice. I won't be back. In fact, we joke about going to the bad Italian place.

1  Thank Zinger_k
Frankie D, General Manager at Scaffidi's Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hello Zinger_k!

I am saddened to hear of your experience at our restaurant.

I would like to speak to you more about it, if you would please spend some time via e-mail or phone with me.

We try to make every poor customer experience right and I would like to invite you back to Scaffidi's Restaurant and Tavern to show you what we are really capable of!

Thanks!