Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh
HolidayInn.com
$67
$113
Hotels.com
All reviewsgreat breakfastclean roomsfranciscan universityindoor poolgreat hotelnice place to stayfree breakfastbreakfast barfresh fruitgreat roomstaff was very friendlyin towngreat customer servicethe entire staffstay there againwafflesinns
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Warmly welcomed by Chuck upon checkin. Room was very clean. We even got to enjoy a swim in the indoor pool. Breakfast was great. Kelly saw to it that breakfast was fresh for everyone. Kelly walked around the room and spoke to everyone as if she knew you. There was a little girl celebrating her 5th birthday and Kelly gave her all kinds of attention. Actually Kelly would be the reason for the 5 star rating. She was so nice to everyone. When we think of the Steubenville Hampton Inn we will always have good thoughts because of Kelly. We are looking forward to a return stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jgrandsts
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Hotel was not picked by us. During my 5 day stay, there was re-decorating work being done everyday. My room was next to the door being used by the Contractors up 11 at night. Noisy for sure. Didn't even bother asking for a discount. Unless you are visiting the University up the street, don't bother. Location is useless.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Here is my list. Heat did not work normally. Bath tub had mold around caulking. TV remote was missing. Business computer would not connect to the printer. I had a very important document to print out for my work day. Bathroom door did not close all the way, it drug at the bottom where I could see that it was sawed off unevenly. Hampton disappointed me.I asked for my copy of the receipt to be delivered to my room and it never was.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on University Blvd on in early October, for one night. We typically like Hampton Inns, but this is not one we would want to stay in again. We were in a non-smoking room (room 324), but when we opened the door we were greeted with a strong odor of cigarette smoke. I called the front desk and asked to have housekeeping bring up some deodorizing spray or something to help with the smell. Fifteen minutes pass and we decided to go grab some dinner and when we went through the lobby two people were sitting there having a personal conversation with not a care in the world and I stopped to ask if housekeeping was going to be able to take care of the smell. One of them said, "I don't think we have any deodorizing spray or anything"...she got up from her seat and started acting like she was going to do something....apparently the 15 minutes between when I called and when I was in the lobby nothing was done. We were gone about an hour and came back to the room smelling as bad as before. Thankfully we had stopped by the store to pick up our own deodorizing spray since apparently this Hampton Inn didn't have any.
The next morning the elevator was broken for several hours. You would think that they would have put elevator broken signs on the doors of the elevator, but no, there was nothing. I guess they didn't have any to put up.
The whole hotel had an old musty smell to it, including the lobby area.
Breakfast is the morning was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our first room had no A/C. When reported, the staff told me to "turn off/turn on" etc, etc. which did not work. As a guest, I expect the hotel to FIX the problem, not to have your guests perform troubleshooting...the rates are high enough, I'd expect better response to this situation. After walking back/forth from the lobby, and asking for someone to attend to this, they did move us to another room (which meant we had to repack our bags, etc). In situations like this, I would expect a hotel chain of this reputation to automatically (without request from your guests) give a refund or credit to your guests for the inconvenience. This could have been caught by your cleaning staff before our arrival.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family