“Rooms were too cold for my baby!”

Quality Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Warren, Ohio
“Rooms were too cold for my baby!”
Reviewed May 10, 2010

My family travelled to Springfield to visit relatives for Thanksgiving, and our room was extremely cold! After sitting there for half an hour with our coats on (my baby had to keep on her snow suit), my husband went to the front desk to request another room since the heater was not heating the room adequately. They gave us a room a few doors down,and you could tell that they had just turned the heat on in that room also. We had a terrible experience travelling and staying there in the winter.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We had to stay in Springfield for an extended family engagement and stayed at the Holiday Inn just off of I-70 as this was the No #1 rated hotel in the area. If this is the #1 hotel...then the others must be horrendous! This is an OLD facility. The building is rundown and not up to modern hotel standards. In defense of them, they do try to keep the rooms updated. Carpets were newer, bathrooms were clean and obviously had been upgraded, but if you look past the surface, this building needs work. In addition, the breakfast was not worth having and we didn't eat it although it was included with the room. It is an older "Holi-dome" style facility ...so if you have to get a room it should be on the outside if you want to open the window (if you can!). My wife is much more discerning than I and she said she would never stay here again. In addition, the town is nothing but a good example of urban blight. 1/4 mile north, near the hotel as you head into town, the buildings have metal cages on the windows, building without windows are present, and it basically is near-ghetto. The town itself is nothing but abandon businesses and buildings.. They are trying to improve, but it an example of too little - too late. Maybe in twenty years, they'll pull it together, but if I ever have to go here again, I'll pass.
P.S. I heard staff talking that this was going to convert to another brand hotel shortly (I think Comfort Inn) so beware.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mscalhoun
Niagara
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This is an average hotel, showing a bit of age, but our room was clean and comfortable. Everything worked and the water was hot for showers. Our room was on the side of the hotel closest to I-70 and there was traffic noise, so if you are a light sleeper you will want to ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel. We were very tired, so the noise didn't bother us. There is a dining room, we ate dinner and breakfast there and it was very good. There were no problems with our stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2010

My family and I booked our room on priceline so you never really know what you are going to get. We were pleasantly surprised. This is a very family friendly hotel. The indoor pool area is one of the best. The staff directed us to some fun places to go in the area. We will definitely stay here again. They have signs saying that they are changing to a Quality Inn--Holiday Inn's loss!

• Stayed April 2010
knoxville, tn
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We had a great stay at this Holiday Inn when we were visiting our old hometown. We've stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions and will stay here again during our upcoming trips home. The bed was very comfortable. The room was bright and clean. Service and staff are the best!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed February 13, 2010

We stayed in the Holiday Inn when we went to a famiy reunion near by. I liked that it was near the highway, easy to access. Very clean, and super nice staff. Leah and Karen were the best at making our stay comfortable and memorable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
indiana
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I had my first business visit to Springfield, OH on the heels of a snowstorm. I ran into issues with my laptop and the hotel manager, Leah, graciously assisted me to resolve this problem. Offering additional assistance if the problem could not be resolved. I had a faxes that needed to be sent to customers and the hotel clerk, Megan did this without hesitation, calling my room after completion. Hesitating when to check out of the hotel, due to the coming snow, Leah assured me that I could stay an additional night. I appreciated the caring assistance that I received at this hotel and will stay there each and every time I visit Springfield, OH.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business