“Lovely weekend!”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Springfield, OH
“Lovely weekend!”
Reviewed April 17, 2009

After attending an event held in your banquet facility, my husband and I decided to spend the weekend and we are very glad that we did as we had a wonderful time. We found the staff to be very warm and friendly and we throughly enjoyed the pool and recreation area. Our daughter and her husband also stayed with their young children and they too had a great time.
We had such a lovely experience we have booked your banquet facilty for another event. Thanks for all of the extra attention you gave us, your staff was very customer focused and we appreciated the service we recieved.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed April 11, 2009

this hotel is a great location off the interstate. I encountered nothing but a great staff - they all really care about the guests. The rooms were clean, not fancy, but clean nonetheless.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Michigan
Reviewed April 11, 2009

We had stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, left and were coming back for the funeral of my brother. Most of my family were staying and we needed 5 rooms. We had made reservations via the internet at Orbitz. Somehow they got messed up and Shelley diligently worked to help our family get the reservations squared away with a smile and cheerfulness dispite our frustration as we had all driven at least 4 hours to get there. She was kind and even gave us all a breakfast voucher for our inconvenience. She was so kind.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
catcountry
Reviewed March 15, 2009

We received vey good service from all that worked at this very nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
simoniSimoni
Reviewed December 14, 2008

The hotel was generally ok in appearance, except for the plaster on the carpet outside the sliding door. However, the second night of our stay, there was a party that broke into a fight at 3am. This disturbance woke us up. An hour later the fire alarm rang for 20 minutes before the fire department could arrive to disarm it. There was no fire, but upon being arrested for the earlier fight, one of the criminals taken from the scene grabbed the alarm.
Because we did not sleep for half the night, I was ready to ask the manager to take the second night of the bill due to the disturbance. I was pleasantly surprised however in the morning when I saw the rapid check out statement under my door. The management had already compensated for the disturbance and removed the charge for the second night. Therefore, we never went to the front desk to complain about the noise. Several other guests who were at the same conference as us had the same experience and therefore did not complain. I thought that was a fair solution.
When I returned home and looked at my bank statement however, the charge for the second night had been taken! It was a different amount on my bank statement than the bill the hotel gave me! I called the manager Leah three times and she was never available to talk to me. I told another person who answered the phone what my complaint was and that I wanted the charge for the second night removed and that the only reason I didn't complain in the first place is because she didn't charge me. Now I am angry that it was a just a ploy to get me out of the hotel without complaining!

• Liked — the location was close for business
  • Disliked — Rowdy guests that had to be arrested and hotel not taking responsibility for keeping us up all night because of it, yet making it seem as if they cared.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank simoniSimoni
Columbus, OH
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I can sum this place up in 3 words. DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY. To get to our hotel room we had to walk up a dirty, dingy nasty old stairwell that had a horrible smell. The room was not much better. The air wasn't on when we arrived so the odor overwhelmed you when you walked in. The sheets had bloody stains. We found dead bugs all around the huge windows-fyi curtains do not completely close out the view, people can see you in your room from outside. The bathroom was disgusting. The tub had mold all around the tiles. There was a wet used washcloth left by another guest hanging from the shower curtain rod. The toilet was in much need of repair as was the entire bathroom. Did not see any "renovations" done in the entire hotel. The door's deadbolt was missing. Cobwebs where in every corner of the room. Towels that had nasty stains on them. Overall housekeeping is deplorable. I was not happy with the prices they charge, $99. I mean come on this is Springfield Ohio not Las Vegas. Let us not forget the bar, can you believe they actually make the hotel guests pay a cover charge? Don't make the mistake of actually swimming in their pool/spa. The chlorine was overwhelming and the hot tub didn't appear to have been cleaned in some time, tiles missing in the pool. There was a nasty brown ring around the entire pool. I'll just end on this, I will definately never stay here again, nor would I ever recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — comfortable beds
  • Disliked — dirty and overpriced
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Henderson, NV
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Well I checked into the hotel after a full day work and driving for 6 hours. I was hungry...got there at 9:30 and asked if the kitchen was still open for food and was told yes. I go down about 9:45 to eat after i asked the front desk lady to make sure I can order food...she did. I asked tha waitress for a beer and a menu she brings me the beer and tells me she is no longer serving. 15 minutes after I had the front desk call her.

Rooms were nasty! NASTY! They have signs they recently remodled...NO WAY. The room stank was very dirty (toilet not clean) and just overall nasty. They charged $99 too. Much better hotels (I found the second night) for less then this dump. DO NOT STAY THERE YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY!

• Liked — Front Desk lady was very nice.
  • Disliked — The dirty old room.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)