“Rained Out Reunion”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Dallas, Texas
“Rained Out Reunion”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We traveled all the way from Texas to visit family.. Needless to say it rained the entire trip. My children had a blast in the pool. The large indoor atrium with games and lounge area was a welcomed relief... Every staff member we encountered was so sweet. Especially the event coordinator DeAnna ! She made arrangements to have the reunion moved to a banquet room. By the end of the night we had all forgotten it was raining and how the whole reunion might have been ruined... THANK YOU Quality Inn you saved our vacation !!!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have the best view...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just wanted to say that I received excellent service from the staff at the Quality Inn and Conference center here in Springfield OH. The Manager Steve was especially helpful in making sure that i got a room that fulfilled my needs. The hotel room was neat and clean, and the overall hotel had a great vibe to it. Would recommend to anyone coming to town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is an older property that looks pretty run down from the outside, altho the front lobby area and the room was reasonably clean and up to date. There was an event the day I checked in and I had to settle for a room on the ground floor near a doorway entrance from the back parking lot where there was a lot of in/out foot traffic. The door would tend to slam shut when it wasn’t propped open by a bucket, which probably contributed to a lot of the debris in the hallway. The area just outside this entrance seemed to be the place to hang out and smoke. The property backs up to what may have been Interstate 70, which added a lot of traffic noise.

The door and outside noise did seem to taper off in the evening, but I’m a pretty sound sleeper. Having stayed at a Quality Inn the nite before, I mistakenly assumed there was breakfast included starting at 6am. Not so. Turns out they had a separate restaurant on site that didn’t open til 30 mins later. Fortunately a McDonalds was nearby as I was running late.

To summarize, the room itself was OK, but all things considered this was not really a good value for the price. Probably the overall experience would have been considerably better if I’d been upstairs away from the outside entrance.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near exterior entrances or elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
athens ohio
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed 2 nights staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was older, but clean and well maintained. I will stay again when in the area. Steve was very helpful when I did not like the location of the original room he promptly foun me one better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel booked through booking.com. ($85 + tax) The hotel workers were very nice. The rooms were a little older, but clean. No flat screen tv's :). Indoor pool was a nice size. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
lucycat1, Manager at Quality Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your response. We always like to here that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stay at this hotel on a regular basis we come into town for events at the fairgrounds and wont stay anywhere else the desk staff is outstanding and treat us like family. Steve the Desk Manager always calls us by name before we even get to the counter makes us feel warm and wanted not only that, anything we need he makes sure it taken care of ASAP. The hotel itself is one of the cleanest we have ever stayed in and we travel quite often the beds are nice and comfortable always sleep like we are home. The Quality is our home away from home!! Thanks for what you do.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gene Y
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Front desk was very nice lady. Other than this I will not stay at this hotel again. The smell from the smoking rooms is terrible in the hall, luckily you could not smell it once in the room. The tv in my room would randomly shut off, it was a tube tv... Not even a flat screen tube. The only accessible outlet I found was in the bathroom. There was an outlet behind the bed or behind the stand for the tv. The phone on my desk did not work, luckily there was a phone beside the bed as well. There were for throw size pillows for a king size bed. When I tried to call the "0" for service as posted in the room I never got through. It rang 10 times before I decided it was not worth it. The bed was hard, there was no give at all. Sleeping on the couch in the room was just as good of an option as sleeping in the hard bed. The bed alone was enough to keep me from coming back. For a hotel that charges 104 per night it is definitely not worth it. Luckily I stayed Ina group rate and it was only 80, I still feel like that is to much for what I got. Very personable service from the woman at the front desk. She is definitely an employee that at the time I was there seemed to value her job and care for people. Thank you Amy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple