“Turn the heat on!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We eat here a lot because the food is good. However if you go at lunch prepare to freeze. I'm a warm natured person and not cold too often but i have to have my coat across my legs and have to keep warming my hands and nose. I spoke to the woman manager and she said they keep it set at 67! It was 26 degrees out that day. She also proceeds to say its a big open space and hard to heat! Really?? It's not bigger than BW3, Cheesecake Factory, lowes, best buy, i could go on and on! And we have never froze At any of those places! She also said it gets really hot at night, ok well turn the thermostat down in the evening! We're not eating here as often especially during winter months. And we usually go here once or twice a month but will take our money to people who will pay for heat and not wait for the customers bodies to warm the place. As she said.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place has the BEST workers and rolls, especially the hostesses!!!!! I love their butter!!!! There are animals hanging on the walls. the hostesses are soo kind and very good-looking!!! I love their margaritas!! so deliciouuuuuuusssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Texas Roadhouse in Springfield, Ohio is similar to Tumbleweed and Lone Star Steakhouse. The steaks are very good. The seasoning is outstanding and much better than you find at Tumbleweed or Lone Star, or even Outback. The Ft. Worth ribeye is excellent. I highly recommend calling ahead for a spot. This Texas Roadhouse gets very crowded. There is not enough room for people waiting for tables. The restaurant is very noisy. If you want a quiet dinner, go elsewhere. The food is good. The atmosphere is OK. The service is outstanding. The value is very good. So, I do recommend this Texas Roadhouse.

1  Thank jacklbarnhart
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Last week we went to Texas Roadhouse. Something memorable has happened during our last 3 visits and not in a good way. On one occasion the teenaged boy seating customers was licking his hands and touching the teenaged girls' faces. During the next visit the same boy took our pager and we weren't seated. We stood there and stared at him and finally asked if we were being seated. He then asked if our pager went off. Indeed it had and he had taken our pager. After a few minutes of confusion he interrupted the group of girls chatting and told one of them to seat us. She ignored him. He waited a few minutes and named one of them specifically and told her to seat us. She continued talking to her friends/co-workers for another 3-4 minutes. This issue could easily be resolved if they would hire either mature teenagers or adults to seat the guests.

During our most recent visit is where the major issue occurred. We called ahead and were told 30-40 minutes. We arrived after 30 minutes and expected to wait 10 minutes. In reality we waited another 20+ minutes. That wasn't the issue. We were seated and our server came over and took our order. We watched several people around us get seated and get their food but we hadn't received ours. My husband and I started wondering what was going on. Suddenly, our server came over. We expected her to say our food was coming right out. Instead, she told us she placed another table's order and forgot to place ours. That was 40 minutes ago. She said the food would be "right out". My husband and i were baffled. After 15 minutes it was apparent that our food wasn't coming "right out". We flagged down another server and asked for the manager. This was necessary because after our server informed us of her error she didn't bother coming back until the food came out. The male manager came over and told us he knew about the issue. This kind of infuriated me a little bit more. If he knew about the issue, why didn't he come over to our table to let us know he was aware of it? Instead, he waited to see if we would ask for him. It was very unprofessional (and I've been a manager). He said the food would be "right out" (the same thing our server said) and that he would discount our bill. Needless to say, by the food came out we weren't hungry, we were irritated and we just wanted to leave. The food finally came out 35 minutes after our server informed us of the problem. I definitely wouldn't call that right away. The discount? It was about $7 off. We were at Texas Roadhouse over 2 hours that night. The food didn't even taste right. My chicken critters had a weird texture and taste. They were so hard that parts of them were inedible and it had a strong odor of oil and looked like oil had been poured on them. It was pointless to complain about the food at that point because we honestly just wanted to leave.

What's sad is that we've been eating at this restaurant since it opened and have only had issues within the last year. This used to be my favorite restaurant.

1  Thank fusionchick
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Let me qualify this title.
By comparison, the salads, side dishes and atmosphere at the Outback comes out ahead. Roadhouse prices are a bit less.

"Usually", because the filet and porterhouse at the Roadhouse are better than those at the Outback frequently. I have gotten some less than top quality of these cuts at the Outback.

Roadhouse strips and T-bones have not been that impressive to me.

The Roadhouse is much closer so that colors my thinking as well.