“Much better now”

O'Charleys
Ranked #18 of 167 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Back then I used to go here but they got sloppy or in other word the food was not very good and the restaurant started to look dirty. Now this place is clean , the food is great and the drinks are reasonably priced and have plenty of alcohol in them. I was very satisfied with them at this point.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My fiance and I love to go there when we can without the children. The waiters/waitresses are very polite and we have always had create experiences there.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I ordered a hamburger, which was way overcooked and dry. My companion ordered the Bruschetta Chicken, which looked very good. She said the chicken was a little rubbery, but ate the whole thing.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants and we'd go there at least 3 or 4 times a month. Unfortunately, our last few visits were disappointing. We went around 4pm on a weekend the last two times figuring we'd beat the rush; in the past, it was not unusual to wait 30-45 minutes for a table but, it was worth it.

We used to go for the great service and FRESH, HOT food; that appears to have changed. Both of our last visits, we received OVERCOOKED, mushy broccoli, twisted chips that looked like they had been cooked at least twice; once they were very greasy. the chicken tenders we ordered looked like leftovers that had been sitting around--some were dark brown as if they had been in the fryer too long while others (on the same plate) were very light golden brown. Again, the feeling that we got was that we were getting some food that had been sitting around--it was warm, not hot. I ordered a Mountain Dew to drink but, it was more soda water than anything. When i asked for another (tasted funny), a new one was brought out but, there was dirt in the ice. Needless to say, i didn't drink that one either.

Bottom line: we eat out frequently and we're going to spend our money at places where we can get FRESH, HOT food. I am sorry to say that our recent visits are going to force us to look elsewhere for at least a while.

1  Thank eagleeye64
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We hadn't eaten at O'Charleys in months and decided to give it another try. At one point we would eat at O'Charleys 2-3 times a month. We stopped going there due to service issues. This time was no exception.

We waited about 30 minutes to be seated, only to be seated in the bar area. Our table was close to the seats at the bar. So close, that people were bumping into our table walking through. I almost got hit in the face by someone's jacket. Some people might like the "high top" tables but I don't. It's not "convenient" for shorter people.

Moving on. We had Michael as a server. He came by and grabbed our order and a few minutes later (probably 5-10) he came back with my soup and our drinks. At first everything was fine. By the time I finished my soup, both of us were out of drinks. Normally, the server will come by and get us refills. This didn't happen. The manager even walked by our table on several occasions and didn't notice. Finally, we decided to put our drinks on the very edge of the table hoping someone would notice. No, they didn't. Our server didn't come back to collect the empty bowl sitting on the edge of the table either. He had walked by numerous times and waited on the tables around us, but yet he didn't notice.

We saw the manager coming with our food and thought we would address the issue then. Instead, he stopped and sat the food next to our server for him to bring over. No joke, he still didn't notice. My husband had to bring it to his attention. He said he'd be right back with our refills. At this point, we had been without drinks for at least 15-20 minutes. He didn't come right back. I watched him wait on a few other tables, go to the kitchen, come back, wait on some tables and started to walk away when he remembered our drinks. It was easily 10 minutes later. By this time I was pretty irritated.

Unfortunately, the bad service didn't end there. We were done eating and just sitting there. He finally came over, collected the plates and said he'd be right back with the bill. I decided to use the restroom. When I came back, the bill wasn't there. Our server was nowhere in sight. He didn't bring the bill. We had to stop a server for another table and ask her to get our bill. At this point our server had been gone about 10-15 minutes. Our server still didn't come right out. It was about another 10 minutes before he returned with our bill. By this time we were once again, out of drinks. We never got another refill (not that we wanted to wait another 30 minutes for one).

This experience is the exact reason that we stopped eating at O'Charleys. I'm not willing to spend our hard earned money going to a restaurant where the servers clearly don't appreciate the business. I can understand that sometimes you get busy, but waiting 30 minutes for a drink and another 25+ minutes attempting to pay is ridiculous. Sorry, O'Charleys your bad service has once again lost our business. Maybe you should "shadow" Olive Garden. Their servers are typically exceptional.

2  Thank fusionchick